PDA

View Full Version : What does José Valentín bring to the table these days?


Viva Magglio
06-14-2002, 09:55 PM
His stupid baserunning gaffe infuriated me and it perhaps took momentum away from us. I'm itching for Joe Crede.

Chisox_cali
06-14-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
What does José Valentín bring to the table these days?

Not Much


:crede
"Sonava.... I should be here!"

Chisox_cali
06-14-2002, 10:04 PM
All Joe would have to do it hit .251 and already he would be a defensive upgrade at 3rd over Manos or Graffy. All Joe is doing in AAA is hitting .327!!!

MattSharp
06-14-2002, 10:36 PM
Honestly, I think we are wasting our time with this. We have the same argument everyday, but until either:

a) the Sox are out of it
b) someone gets huurt
c) JM and/or KW is fired
d) September 1st

I don't think we will see Joe Crede......

Pukester
06-14-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
His stupid baserunning gaffe infuriated me and it perhaps took momentum away from us. I'm itching for Joe Crede.

Hell yeah!!!!!

Bench his ass for making an aggressive mistake today,and make sure you don't mention all the times his baserunning has put him in a position to score with no help from anyone else.

He should be benched immmiedietly,has Tony Manuel signed yet?

We need a replacement.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-14-2002, 10:43 PM
Right now, Valentin isn't bringing anything. Of course, you could say the same thing about 90 percent of the lineup.

Also, if we're to believe Manuel (and I admit there is good reason not to believe him), Valentin isn't blocking Crede's path anymore. It's Graffanino who Manuel has anointed as the new everyday thirdbasemen.

Can we all agree the left side of the Sox infield is a mess?

Jerry_Manuel
06-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Can we all agree the left side of the Sox infield is a mess?

That's basically what I said when they called Harris up.

You already have 3 players who are "fighting" for 2 spots on the left side, in Royce, Jose, and Tony. Ofcourse we can go back and forth over whether Royce should be out there, but we know he'll be out there. So there's really no point to adding a 4th person ie Crede to this mess.

Now if the Sox could by some grace of god rid themselves of Royce, than your problem is solved. Tony plays SS vs. lefties, and Jose plays SS vs. righties. While Joe plays 3rd, sounds so simple, yet is so hard to do.

Jjav829
06-14-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Can we all agree the left side of the Sox infield is a mess?

The entire left side of the field is a mess. I can't wait for the day when Crede is at 3rd and we don't have to hear anymore debate about who should be playing at short.

Graf plays hard and I think hes a great utility man, but is there any reason for him to be blocking Crede? Graf is NOT our future 3rd baseman and unless some miracle occurs, the Sox will not be the World Series Champions this year. There is no reason not to bring the kid up, get him used to the bigs, so that next year maybe the Sox can make a run at something.

cornball
06-14-2002, 11:49 PM
I seriously never understood the infatuation with Valentin...to me he would be a good utility man.....Crede should have been up from the start.

I just dont see Jose at shortstop......

It is obvious we need a whole makeover at 3rd, SS and 2nd...bad enough the Cubs put us back under .500.....but hopefully over time it will work out......

Daver
06-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by cornball
I seriously never understood the infatuation with Valentin...to me he would be a good utility man.....Crede should have been up from the start.

I just dont see Jose at shortstop......

It is obvious we need a whole makeover at 3rd, SS and 2nd...bad enough the Cubs put us back under .500.....but hopefully over time it will work out......

Then you have no concept of team leadership either do you?

LongDistanceFan
06-15-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by daver


Then you have no concept of team leadership either do you? ohhhh that hurts.... but i would bring up the subject of leadership as well..........
:gulp:

duke of dorwood
06-15-2002, 12:15 AM
He doesnt bring much-especially hitting low in the order. Yes, the left side of the infield is a mess. But we seem to play better when he's at short. Must be that leadership factor. Add Crede to third and we are much less a mess. Tony G is a utility guy and batting him second is not good either.

LongDistanceFan
06-15-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
He doesnt bring much-especially hitting low in the order. Yes, the left side of the infield is a mess. But we seem to play better when he's at short. Must be that leadership factor. Add Crede to third and we are much less a mess. Tony G is a utility guy and batting him second is not good either. his stats career wise does not warrant him batting second either........ i would like to manos bat second again

OfficerKarkovice
06-15-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
his stats career wise does not warrant him batting second either........ i would like to manos bat second again

Wait...we are going by career stats now? Yet everyone around here is all but cutting Frank because of his production? I'm confused, someone explain this to me.

LongDistanceFan
06-15-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice


Wait...we are going by career stats now? Yet everyone around here is all but cutting Frank because of his production? I'm confused, someone explain this to me. i have said nothing about frank.......... paulie has the hot bat now......

when i wrote about the stats....... i cringe when i saw it, but oh well, does tony has the tools to be a everyday player? why? what make people say he has the makeup to be a backup?

mano batted 2nd and did very well.........

LongDistanceFan
06-15-2002, 12:46 AM
i was reading the sun-times again and saw the baylor comment of jose hr last yr and about him getting drilled.......

''Let him do whatever he feels like doing. If guys want to do that, let them showboat. And if they get drilled eventually, that's a part of it.''

i hope they do something.......... i hope it will wake up this team.....

Nellie_Fox
06-15-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by daver
Then you have no concept of team leadership either do you? Sorry Daver; right now this is a team with no heart. They don't win close games and they don't win late. If what Manos brings is leadership, it ain't working.

Jjav829
06-15-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Sorry Daver; right now this is a team with no heart. They don't win close games and they don't win late. If what Manos brings is leadership, it ain't working.

I agree 100% with you Nellie. 2 years ago Jose's leadership looked nice. Right now this team doesn't have a leader. Konerko has started to talk, but no one has really stepped up to be the leader. This team has no heart.

Spiff
06-15-2002, 11:13 AM
Let's just get a team full of leaders and we'll be champs for sure. :cool: