PDA

View Full Version : 13 Game Ozzie Plan selection suggestions

WhiteSoxFTW
03-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I plan on purchasing a pair of tickets for the Ozzie plan this year. This will be my first year of being able to go to more than 2-3 games. I plan on going to opening day for the first time, and I plan on going to Frank Thomas Day on 8/29. Other than that, are there any other promotional games that you guys like to go to? I know about Elvis night, but what about the final home game of the season? I prefer weekends, but I have to choose one Wednesday night game, and I am leaning towards the Braves game on 6/23.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Cat Thief
03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Dog Day

June 3rd

NoNeckEra
03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
I plan on purchasing a pair of tickets for the Ozzie plan this year. This will be my first year of being able to go to more than 2-3 games. I plan on going to opening day for the first time, and I plan on going to Frank Thomas Day on 8/29. Other than that, are there any other promotional games that you guys like to go to? I know about Elvis night, but what about the final home game of the season? I prefer weekends, but I have to choose one Wednesday night game, and I am leaning towards the Braves game on 6/23.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Since you haven't purchased this package yet, and single game tickets have already gone on sale to the general public, I'd pick my games and check to see if Ozzie plan tickets are BETTER game by game than you could get just going thru ticketmaster and buying them ala carte.

You may find Opening Day and/or Cubs series tickets available thru the Ozzie plan, but not via single game purchase. Conversely, you may find BETTER seats for other games by going the game by game route than thru the Ozzie plan.

So my suggestion is to scout out tickets you want for the games you want on the single game ticket site first(without actually purchasing them) then compare to what you'd find available thru an Ozzie plan before jumping in.

Ozzie plan tickets are $1 per ticket cheaper than regular prices, and have NO service charges tacked on.

fram40
03-02-2010, 06:38 PM
I have been an Ozzie plan holder for a few years and I've always had Ticketmaster service fees added - it is quite annoying to pay a fee when I am buying from the White Sox web site.

If a Sox rep puts them out there for you as an invoice there is no charge. But if you buy them directly from the web site (via Ticketmaster) there has always been a separate fee added.

russ99
03-02-2010, 06:50 PM
I have been an Ozzie plan holder for a few years and I've always had Ticketmaster service fees added - it is quite annoying to pay a fee when I am buying from the White Sox web site.

If a Sox rep puts them out there for you as an invoice there is no charge. But if you buy them directly from the web site (via Ticketmaster) there has always been a separate fee added.

Just curious, are Ozzie plans available directly from the Sox box office? I'd think dealing with a person and not Ticketmaster's hit-or-miss "best seat" web application would result in much better tickets.

Also, there's the chance that the fees would be lump-sum and not for each game.

Rdy2PlayBall
03-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I went Opening Day and to a Cubs v Sox game (all upper level, but every seat is good to me)... Then I got each of the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers and Rays with all good seats for premium prices. Then I filled the rest with Monday games.

I ended up with 14 games (had enough $ left to get another). 8 were lower level seats (bleachers) and 6 were 500 level seats. The season was amazing. I had a 10-2 record, our actual tickets had a 11-3 record. Everything worked out. I got to see the good teams in the league, get some great seats, and got to get some games for next to nothing on Mondays. The total price ended up being $700 for the season for 2 seats. I REALLY want to do it this year, but my Grandpa can't. If I were you I would just get the best games I could, and when I start to reach my "salary cap", get the Monday games.

Special days don't really mean anything to me. I went through about 3 or 4 or them without having any idea they were going on until almost the end. I say don't waste time picking 70s night or anything like that, get games where you get free stuff. :redneck

Good luck and see you on Opening Day! :bandance:

HomeFish
03-02-2010, 09:29 PM
An Ozzie Plan sounds fun, but then you find out that the July game you picked in February is going to be Johan Santana v. the Sox #5 starter.

This happened to me in 2006 when I bought an Ozzie Plan to ensure I could attend the ring ceremony. I ended up not going to the Santana game and the Sox got clobbered.

OzzieBall2004
03-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Just curious, are Ozzie plans available directly from the Sox box office? I'd think dealing with a person and not Ticketmaster's hit-or-miss "best seat" web application would result in much better tickets.

Also, there's the chance that the fees would be lump-sum and not for each game.

There isn't a fee if you order through the Sox ticket office.

ewokpelts
03-03-2010, 03:10 PM

If a Sox rep puts them out there for you as an invoice there is no charge. But if you buy them directly from the web site (via Ticketmaster) there has always been a separate fee added.ozzie plans without ticketmaster fees can only be had by STHs with 27 or 81 game plans already.

the fee is $5 for the entire order.

ewokpelts
03-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Another option is to look for the discount codes for grand slam groups.

you are still stuck with ticketmaster fees, but the discounted ticket eats most of that cost.

i was able to buy 2 lower deck tickets and parking pass through one of these codes for the cost of two full priced tickets if i would have bought at the box office fee free.

ticketmaster does the "shopping cart" feature for sox games, so you save on some fees if you buy more than one game.

fram40
03-03-2010, 06:28 PM
ozzie plans without ticketmaster fees can only be had by STHs with 27 or 81 game plans already.

the fee is $5 for the entire order.

my rep offered to do it and explained I could avoid the ticketmaster fees that way. Of course, that was AFTER I had bought my Ozzie Plan.