PDA

View Full Version : XM Homeplate "Power Rankings"

cws05champ
03-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Just thought it was interesting that someone in the media has confidence in the White Sox. Not that it matters once it gets started, but they have the White Sox at #6 overall in MLB:

http://www.facebook.com/MLBHomeplate

Also, same show last week had the White Sox bullpen ranked in the top 5 in baseball as well.

Hitmen77
03-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't see a list from that link.

cws05champ
03-01-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't see a list from that link.

You need to open the comments under the HIGH HEAT question.

jabrch
03-01-2010, 01:18 PM
I've been waiting for more power rankings...

PalehosePlanet
03-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Just thought it was interesting that someone in the media has confidence in the White Sox. Not that it matters once it gets started, but they have the White Sox at #6 overall in MLB:

http://www.facebook.com/MLBHomeplate

Also, same show last week had the White Sox bullpen ranked in the top 5 in baseball as well.

We should pick up Kiko Calero for about a mil and make it even better. No point to having a LOOGY if he sucks.

Lip Man 1
03-01-2010, 03:32 PM
The print edition of The Sporting News has their take on all teams as spring training opened this week. They have the Sox at #14 in MLB.

Steve Stone is quoted as saying that's "to low. They should be in the top 10."

Lip

mzh
03-01-2010, 03:38 PM
The print edition of The Sporting News has their take on all teams as spring training opened this week. They have the Sox at #14 in MLB.

Steve Stone is quoted as saying that's "to low. They should be in the top 10."

Lip
I would trust Stone over anybody not to be biased. Who does SN have over us?

CHISOXFAN13
03-01-2010, 03:43 PM
in the crosstalk segment after Kennedy and his partner shared their picks, Jodi Mac said he has a hard time deciding between the Cardinals and White Sox for the fourth best team behind NYY, Phi and Bos.

Some serious national love on the MLB Network today.

jabrch
03-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Some serious national love on the MLB Network today.

As much as I am an optimist, I want to see it on the field... I'm looking forward to this season.

DSpivack
03-01-2010, 04:02 PM
I would trust Stone over anybody not to be biased. Who does SN have over us?

By Steve Stone you mean an employee of the White Sox?

DumpJerry
03-01-2010, 04:59 PM
By Steve Stone you mean an employee of the White Sox?
He is not a White Sox employee. He is employed by the media. I guess technically he could be a White Sox employee since the Sox have a 25% stake in Comcast Sportsnet.

DSpivack
03-01-2010, 05:03 PM
He is not a White Sox employee. He is employed by the media. I guess technically he could be a White Sox employee since the Sox have a 25% stake in Comcast Sportsnet.

The White Sox don't have a hand in choosing announcers?

Lip Man 1
03-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Stone does not get paid by the White Sox. His checks are from Comcast Sports Chicago and WGN. However the Sox have a very large say in who gets to announce White Sox games (as well they should).

Without question it's a conflict of interest but it's been that way in MLB since the late 1970's. Announcers are no longer simply hired and paid by individual radio or TV stations without approval of the clubs.

That being said Stone doesn't sell himself cheap in my opinion and he's pretty honest about things (remember why the Cubs let him go...)

Regarding who TSN had ranked ahead of the Sox? In order:

Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox, Cardinals, Rockies, Angels, Mariners, Rays, Twins, Cubs, Braves, Dodgers, Giants.

Lip

mzh
03-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Regarding who TSN had ranked ahead of the Sox? In order:

Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox, Cardinals, Rockies, Angels, Mariners, Rays, Twins, Cubs, Braves, Dodgers, Giants.

Lip

My :twocents:

I'm getting pretty sick of all the Yankee love (yes, I said it!). Their rotation is overrated, and they have 2 REALLY good hitters.

If my replacement for Jason Bay was Mike Cameron, I'd be slightly nervous.

I think the mariners have great potential, but let's not forget, they have almost 0 offense. Chone Figgins was good in a contract year, they lost Beltre, and other than Ichiro they have no remarkable offensive players. Now that Morrow is traded, who do they have behind Felix and Lee?

The Angels are good, but not better than the Dodgers IMO.

How the hell are the Cubs that high? Yes, its pretty much the same team as 08, BUT: 1. Your big solutions are Xavier Nady and Marlon Byrd :scratch:
2. Soriano can't stay healthy and is getting up there, he'd definitely not what he used to be. Also, from what I've heard, A-Ram is just the same, a shoulder injury waiting to happen. 3. STILL no left handed hitting. Fukudome gets consistently worse, and Bradley is gone. 4. Zambrano, Dempster, Lilly, AND Marmol are injury prone and inconsistent. This is just a terrible ranking overall.

Please tell me how the Twins are that good too. They are about on par with us IMO.