PDA

View Full Version : The pitching matchups for the series should have been....


MattSharp
06-14-2002, 08:20 PM
I was thinking about it and I thought this would have been more fitting:

Game 1:

Jason Bere vs. Jon Garland
Bere started as a Sox and Garland as a Cub. I think it would have been fitting for these guys to square off.

Game 2:
Mark Prior vs. Mark Buerhle
Both named Mark and the phenoms of both teams. It would have truly proven who is better.

Game 3:
Jon Lieber vs. Todd Ritchie
The battle of the ex-Pirates. It would have been something at least.....

Jerry_Manuel
06-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I was thinking about it and I thought this would have been more fitting:

Game 1:

Jason Bere vs. Jon Garland
Bere started as a Sox and Garland as a Cub. I think it would have been fitting for these guys to square off.

Game 2:
Mark Prior vs. Mark Buerhle
Both named Mark and the phenoms of both teams. It would have truly proven who is better.

Game 3:
Jon Lieber vs. Todd Ritchie
The battle of the ex-Pirates. It would have been something at least.....

From a storyline stand point that would have been great, but the Sox would only win one of those games.

oldcomiskey
06-14-2002, 08:31 PM
and who says they will win more than that anyway

Chisox_cali
06-14-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


From a storyline stand point that would have been great, but the Sox would only win one of those games.

Please enlighten me on which one that would have been...

Jerry_Manuel
06-14-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Please enlighten me on which one that would have been...

Garland game.

I know Mark can shut the Cubs down, but I don't trust our offense or the pen vs. Prior.

Ritchie is the kind of guy where if you spot him 2 runs, he'll give up 3. If he gives up 5, the offense scores 4.

Chisox_cali
06-14-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Garland game.

I know Mark can shut the Cubs down, but I don't trust our offense or the pen vs. Prior.

Ritchie is the kind of guy where if you spot him 2 runs, he'll give up 3. If he gives up 5, the offense scores 4.

Good ole Launch Pad!! :D:

guillen4life13
06-14-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Garland game.

I know Mark can shut the Cubs down, but I don't trust our offense or the pen vs. Prior.

Ritchie is the kind of guy where if you spot him 2 runs, he'll give up 3. If he gives up 5, the offense scores 4.

sadly, that's true about ritchie, but we have to remember something here. the sox are a fastball hitting team (konerko showed us that by his knock against farnsworth). i think that they'd have no problem with him. bere's sucked it up this year, but we've done badly against bad pitchers, so don't make any bets for the sox if that game were to happen. as far as the battle of marks, senor burly-mon would probably win.