PDA

View Full Version : Another failed GM joins Baseball Tonight

Sockinchisox
02-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Just another reason to not watch it.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100225&content_id=8136968&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

TheOldRoman
02-25-2010, 01:34 PM
I clicked on this thread expecting to see Mark Shapiro. But I was foolish, since his is still employed. After all, he was the 2005 Executive of the Year!

asindc
02-25-2010, 01:47 PM
I clicked on this thread expecting to see Mark Shapiro. But I was foolish, since his is still employed. After all, he was the 2005 Executive of the Year!

That still burns me.:angry:

VenturaFan23
02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
that still burns me.:angry:

+1

Marqhead
02-25-2010, 02:31 PM
I like how it's being reported on the Blue Jays site, because if I'm a Jays fan I want to know where the ******* GM who screwed our team over is going to be making his next million dollars effort free.

Moses_Scurry
02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I saw bluejays and thought it might be this guy:

:dumbash
"Don't count on any positive White Sox analysis from me. They screwed me in that Sirotka trade!!"

g0g0
02-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Matt Millen still sets the bar.

EastCoastSoxFan
02-25-2010, 03:08 PM
I seem to recall Ricciardi being described in Moneyball as a Harvard computer geek number cruncher with all the people-skills of a doorknob (or something to that effect).

Oops, that was Paul DePodesta. Never mind...

MisterB
02-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Maybe this one will keep his hands off the production assistants...

soltrain21
02-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Matt Millen still sets the bar.

I thought that, too. But Millen is actually pretty damn good at being an analyst. I like listening to him.

WhiteSox5187
02-25-2010, 05:46 PM
That still burns me.:angry:

I don't think it bugs Kenny at all, in fact, I think most GMs would rather have a World Series trophy than Executive of the Year.

soxinem1
02-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Since MLB Network cam eon the air I have not watched ESPN for one second of baseball coverage, so they can bring Royce Clayton and Jaime Navarro on board with JP and I could give a ****.

asindc
02-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't think it bugs Kenny at all, in fact, I think most GMs would rather have a World Series trophy than Executive of the Year.

I agree. In fact, I would be disappointed to learn that KW is bothered by this at all.

DumpJerry
02-25-2010, 07:13 PM
since mlb network cam eon the air i have not watched espn for one second of baseball coverage, so they can bring royce clayton and jaime navarro on board with jp and i could give a ****.
+1

ComiskeyBrewer
02-25-2010, 07:24 PM
I saw bluejays and thought it might be this guy:

:dumbash
"Don't count on any positive White Sox analysis from me. They screwed me in that Sirotka trade!!"

Gord Ash is still an assistant GM for the Brewers.

VenturaFan23
02-25-2010, 07:26 PM
since mlb network cam eon the air i have not watched espn for one second of baseball coverage, so they can bring royce clayton and jaime navarro on board with jp and i could give a ****.

+1

+2

Tragg
02-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Matt Millen played the game and has 4 super bowl rings...those are his credentials.

Riccardi as an a analyst is ridiculous.

Brian26
02-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Since MLB Network cam eon the air I have not watched ESPN for one second of baseball coverage, so they can bring Royce Clayton and Jaime Navarro on board with JP and I could give a ****.

+1

Everything MLB Network does is tremendous. Even John Hart is enjoyable to watch there.

harwar
02-26-2010, 06:53 AM

I stopped watching espn long before The MLB Network came along .. i used to have espn on everyday but they just made it impossible to continue watching .. the MLB channel is like a breath of fresh air .. i actually totally forgot that espn was still on ..

VenturaFan23
02-26-2010, 08:43 AM
I stopped watching espn long before The MLB Network came along .. i used to have espn on everyday but they just made it impossible to continue watching .. the MLB channel is like a breath of fresh air .. i actually totally forgot that espn was still on ..

Thanks to the MLB, NHL, and NFL Networks, espn no longer exists in my house unless it's MNF or a Sunday night baseball game.

cws05champ
02-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks to the MLB, NHL, and NFL Networks, espn no longer exists in my house unless it's MNF or a Sunday night baseball game.
Same here...it's funny that my wife when whe wants to turn the channel to something I want to watch, she still turns to ESPN. Because she knows 206(on Directv) is where I used to turn. I tell her not anymore, there's no reason to watch ESPN except to get worked up about biased coverage.

fram40
02-26-2010, 11:30 AM

same here.

sox102
02-26-2010, 11:35 AM

EXACT same for me. ESPN sucks.

asindc
02-26-2010, 11:36 AM

I only tune into ESPN for PTI (I like Wilbon) and for games. I might have watched about 5 minutes total of Baseball Tonight since I got the MLB Network. It is a refreshing alternative.