PDA

View Full Version : whitesox.com ticket auctions

OzzieBall2004
02-24-2010, 12:13 AM
There's probably a better place for this thread so feel free to move it, mods.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/auctions_homestand.jsp

Does anyone know if all of those sections of Premium Lower Box begin at row 1? I know some of the rows don't....just curious if either of the row 3's are actually the first row.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/ticket_bpbar.jsp

Also, does anyone know if auctions are the only way to purchase those tables outside the bar in advance?

ewokpelts
02-24-2010, 08:35 AM
There's probably a better place for this thread so feel free to move it, mods.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/auctions_homestand.jsp

Does anyone know if all of those sections of Premium Lower Box begin at row 1? I know some of the rows don't....just curious if either of the row 3's are actually the first row.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/ticket_bpbar.jsp

Also, does anyone know if auctions are the only way to purchase those tables outside the bar in advance?yes. but it's not worth it.

OzzieBall2004
02-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Why? Because you can just get them day of game?

ewokpelts
02-24-2010, 01:47 PM
aside from big series, it's a total rip off. no access past the bullpen bar(as there is no game ticket), and you still pay for any food and beverages you consume.

Cat Thief
02-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Bullpen Sports Bar tickets allow lower level access.

ewokpelts
02-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Looks like i was slightly off. My rep emailed me saying that you can access other levels of the park. I still wouldnt drop that much coin on it. the cubs or yankee packages arent a horrible deal, but the prime games can be had with getting to the park early.

also, they stopped including parking passes in these auctions. not cool.

parlaycard
02-26-2010, 09:05 AM
I wanted to bid on opening day tickets. But the way the bidding process is set up, you cannot bid on just one group of tickets, unless you want to bid on group one only. you cannot bid just on group 5 or 7, etc.

So I send the Sox an email which is pasted below with their response. Which to me I understand, but it makes no sense to have it set up this way.

Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:42 PM
To: John Margelewski
Subject: Re: 2010 Chicago White Sox Ticket Auctions Ending Friday

Your auction for opening day doesn't allow one to bid one just one set of seats, unless its group one. You're allowed to bid on group one, group one thru two, group one through three, group one through four, etc.

If I want to big on just group five and only group five, I can't.

Doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose? The only people bidding will be ticket brokers, as your typical fan doesn't want 10 groups of 4 tickets. Only a broker could benefit from that.

THE RESPONSE:

If you bid on a group that includes multiple locations, your maximum bid would only win one location. For instance, if you bid on group #1 through #5, and your maximum bid is high enough to win #4, you dont also win #5.

Unfortunately youre correct about not being able to bid on a specific section (other than #1). However, if you monitor the auction and bid on the group that ends with the section youre interested in you can enter a maximum bid that gives you the high bid for the section youre interested in but not the sections listed above it.

Hopefully that makes sense. If not feel free to give me a call and I can try to explain it in simpler terms.

Thanks!

John

John Margelewski Manager of New Business Development and Online Sales Chicago White Sox
333 W. 35th Street; Chicago, IL 60616 P: 312.674.5429 F: 312.674.5140 E: jmargelewski@chisox.com (jmargelewski@chisox.com)

But If im only inerested in lets say groups 3, 5 and 9, why do I have to bid on all the groups? I might not get any of the groups I want. Not all of the groups of tickets are equal in my opinion.

This auction set up seems like it was some write in contest for kids under 10 years old.