PDA

View Full Version : Pitchers & Catchers Report Today! (update: Buehrle to Start Opening Day)

doublem23
02-21-2010, 07:30 AM
It's here! It's here!

:bliss::wooty::Rocker::moonwalk::bliss::Rocker::wo oty::bliss:

TheOzziePlan
02-21-2010, 08:28 AM
woot! So is Castro going to back up Pierzynski?

doublem23
02-21-2010, 08:43 AM
woot! So is Castro going to back up Pierzynski?

That's probably the plan.

SoxGirl4Life
02-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Thank GOD! Happy 2010!:gulp:

Brian26
02-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Apparently Andruw Jones has arrived in excellent shape. Hoepfully he can put it back together this year.

white sox bill
02-21-2010, 09:51 AM
The thought of AJ back to his usual antics is like music to my ears!

Seeing a Robin may be the next step to Spring.....after this next snowstorm of course

Shoeless
02-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Apparently Andruw Jones has arrived in excellent shape. Hoepfully he can put it back together this year.
I hope so. Andruw Jones used to be really good.

voodoochile
02-21-2010, 09:52 AM
The thought of AJ back to his usual antics is like music to my ears!

Seeing a Robin may be the next step to Spring.....after this next snowstorm of course

It might hit 70 by me today. I can live without the Robins when that happens...:D:

SephClone89
02-21-2010, 10:05 AM

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2007/02/09/Gu98lVOw.jpg

"DH problem? What DH problem, Ozzie? I'm on this."

voodoochile
02-21-2010, 10:09 AM

Are we going to trash this thread too?

Craig Grebeck
02-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Second best day of the year, by far.

white sox bill
02-21-2010, 10:13 AM

Seph I said seeing A Robin, not The Robin! :smile:

SephClone89
02-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Are we going to trash this thread too?

What? No. I'm not even anti-KW/Ozzie and have some faith in the DH plan. It was just the only caption I could think of to put under her typo of "Robin".

Soxaredabest
02-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Second best day of the year, by far.

What is the first? October 26th?

ChiSoxGirl
02-21-2010, 10:33 AM
What is the first? October 26th?

Nope, Opening Day!!!

jamokes
02-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Let's hope Rios has a half way decent year. We need him to be his usual self.

tick53
02-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Thank goodness baseball is back. Now maybe we can stop hearing about the Bears and Tiger Woods. I'm looking forward to a great season. :bandance:

soxfanreggie
02-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I've been waiting a LONG time for this!

:bandance:

spawn
02-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Man am I happy today.:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Corlose 15
02-21-2010, 11:00 AM
:cheers::bandance:

It's about time. Whose ready for a month of Cactus League Games!?:D::?:

voodoochile
02-21-2010, 11:02 AM
What? No. I'm not even anti-KW/Ozzie and have some faith in the DH plan. It was just the only caption I could think of to put under her typo of "Robin".

LOL... I brainfarted on that being Robin Ventura. :redface:

spawn
02-21-2010, 11:06 AM
LOL... I brainfarted on that being Robin Ventura. :redface:
Hey, it's been a looooooooooooong off-season.:redneck

DirtySox
02-21-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm real excited for March. Starting the 2nd, MLB Network has at least one spring training game televised every day, sometimes two. I don't recall nearly as many being on TV last year. This means even when the Sox aren't on, there will be baseball to watch.

chisoxfan83
02-21-2010, 11:14 AM
great way to start the week knowing pitchers and catchers report!!!:bandance:

SephClone89
02-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm real excited for March. Starting the 2nd, MLB Network has at least one spring training game televised every day, sometimes two. I don't recall nearly as many being on TV last year. This means even when the Sox aren't on, there will be baseball to watch.

:bandance::bandance: I sure as hell won't be bored when I'm home for break!

manders_01
02-21-2010, 11:28 AM
YEA!!! I'm a happy girl! :wooty: It also begins my count down to going to AZ: 26 days!!! :moonwalk:

Lip Man 1
02-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Thank the stars above!

:D:

Lip

DumpJerry
02-21-2010, 11:53 AM
So, does this mean between now and November 1st, WSIers don't have to discuss the following:
Best pizza in Chicago

Best hamburger in Chicago

Best movie ever made
The Blackhawks :duck:

Worst movie ever made

Best way to get from Point A to Point B in Chicago

Winter weather
What single move will improve the Bears

guillensdisciple
02-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Wooooo!!!!!

Today is a great day then, and it's funny how fast these days sneak up on you when you pay a little less attention to when it is going to happen.

Last time I checked it was 15 days until this day, and then it just happened.

:D

I am a happy camper.

voodoochile
02-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Wooooo!!!!!

Today is a great day then, and it's funny how fast these days sneak up on you when you pay a little less attention to when it is going to happen.

Last time I checked it was 15 days until this day, and then it just happened.

:D

I am a happy camper.

So sometimes tomorrow actually does come and when it does, good things happen...

Taliesinrk
02-21-2010, 12:30 PM
:gulp:

DirtySox
02-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Since this seems to be the unofficial spring training thread, I will post this here.

Some interesting/entertaining comments being posted through twitter so far.

http://twitter.com/insidethesox

http://twitter.com/scottmerkin

http://twitter.com/MDGonzales

Cowley is out there too of course.

Most noteworthy thing so far is that Buehrle gets the opening day nod, followed by Peavy. The rest is TBD.

SephClone89
02-21-2010, 01:06 PM
The Pitchers and Catchers countdown on the OS is now a countdown to the first ST game. It never ends.:redneck

JermaineDye05
02-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Well this season is over. Freddie Bynum was released today.

KnightSox
02-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Most noteworthy thing so far is that Buehrle gets the opening day nod, followed by Peavy.I wouldn't have it any other way, and I am sure neither would Peavy.

doublem23
02-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Most noteworthy thing so far is that Buehrle gets the opening day nod, followed by Peavy. The rest is TBD.

Excellent, I want to see Peavy pitch and tickets for Game 2 should be a lot easier to come by. :D:

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Happy almost-New Year, everyone!

Welcome back to my sig pic, Gavin!!!! :gulp: I've missed you!

Much joy on this auspicious day! :smile:

Cripes, I better order MLB.TV for the ST games!

SoxGirl4Life
02-21-2010, 01:20 PM
I've been counting down to opening day since before Christmas! When I realized there were more days to opening day than there were since the last day of baseball, I sank into a deep funk.

Now, the darkness is being lifted!

SoxGirl4Life
02-21-2010, 01:22 PM

I'm breaking down and getting Comcast for this reason alone. I've put it off, but I absolutely will watch the hell out of MLB network. and I won't be tempted to watch Baseball Tonight

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 01:23 PM
I've been counting down to opening day since before Christmas! When I realized there were more days to opening day than there were since the last day of baseball, I sank into a deep funk.

Now, the darkness is being lifted!

I've been counting down on my dry-erase board!

For everyone here at WSI: :grouphug:

manders_01
02-21-2010, 01:40 PM

:hijacked: I need to renew as well but I'm going to have to give customer support a call first. I spend the money to get MLB.tv Premium which gives me MLB Audio for free but if I want MLB Audio on my mobile device I need to spend another 15 bucks? :?: I realize $15 isn't a ton of money and I am talking about the greed machine that is the MLB but seriously, a little nod to your loyal customer would be nice.

Anyways, back to the joy that is today! :bandance:

DirtySox
02-21-2010, 01:43 PM

Has there been a schedule released for MLB.TV spring training broadcasts?

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 01:50 PM
:hijacked: I need to renew as well but I'm going to have to give customer support a call first. I spend the money to get MLB.tv Premium which gives me MLB Audio for free but if I want MLB Audio on my mobile device I need to spend another 15 bucks? :?: I realize $15 isn't a ton of money and I am talking about the greed machine that is the MLB but seriously, a little nod to your loyal customer would be nice.

Anyways, back to the joy that is today! :bandance:

Good luck and be assertive!

Has there been a schedule released for MLB.TV spring training broadcasts?

I think there was on the chart thing that SephClone posted last week?

Brian26
02-21-2010, 01:50 PM

Should have been his 9th in a row, but he'll still set the franchise record with this being his 8th OD start.

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Oh, and let's get to the really important issues - are there any new food items making their debut this season at the Cell? :cool: Last night I had a dream they had an entire stand dedicated to tofu and vegetarian hot dogs. :?:

soxnut1018
02-21-2010, 01:51 PM
My feelings went from :scratch: to :angry: to :rolleyes: to :whiner:, but finally today it is back to :bandance:, and hopefully this year will lead to :bliss:.

Second best day of the year.

#1swisher
02-21-2010, 01:53 PM
it's here! It's here!

:bliss::wooty:er::moonwalk::bliss:er::wooty::bliss :

+1

JB98
02-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Welcome back, baseball! :gulp:

Whether you believe the Sox are going to be good, mediocre or bad, it's great that things are finally getting started.

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Hah. Let the games begin.

@MDGonzales (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales) Andruw Jones "i'm the best CF you have here." J Cora: "you should. only pitchers and catchers are here." #whitesox (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23whitesox)

SoxGirl4Life
02-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Hah. Let the games begin.

@MDGonzales (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales) Andruw Jones "i'm the best CF you have here." J Cora: "you should. only pitchers and catchers are here." #whitesox (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23whitesox)

I lol'd at that too..

Rockabilly
02-21-2010, 02:13 PM
According to Ozzie..

Good news.

oops sorry Buehrle is pitching opening day

thomas35forever
02-21-2010, 02:20 PM
No surprise here. Go Mark!

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Good. See you there, Buehrle! :bandance: My first Opening Day!

mzh
02-21-2010, 02:22 PM
8 out of 9, should be 9 in a row. Keep it going, MB!

Brian26
02-21-2010, 02:26 PM
According to Ozzie..

Good news.

oops sorry Buehrle is pitching opening day

Already discussed earlier here, so I combined the threads.

manders_01
02-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Good. See you there, Buehrle! :bandance: My first Opening Day!

After experiencing my first opening day last season (although sadly not with the Sox), I guarantee you will have an awesome time!

This season I'm starting a new tradition. Since my house is within walking distance of the ballpark and doesn't have metered parking, I've always been the meeting place for games. This year, we will be starting at 10 with a pancake bar and beer. :thumbsup: I can't wait!

SephClone89
02-21-2010, 02:33 PM
After experiencing my first opening day last season (although sadly not with the Sox), I guarantee you will have an awesome time!

This season I'm starting a new tradition. Since my house is within walking distance of the ballpark and doesn't have metered parking, I've always been the meeting place for games. This year, we will be starting at 10 with a pancake bar and beer. :thumbsup: I can't wait!

Do you go to a lot of Rockies games?

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 02:34 PM

Oh man, that sounds awesome...and sugary! I've never had pancakes and beer. It's good to know Sox fans will be celebrating all over the country. :happyguy:

soxjim
02-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Pitchers and catchers report. Music to my ears.

Rdy2PlayBall
02-21-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't understand why we are excited. We're not going to win any games with Teahen at 3rd and Jonesay as DH. :scratch:

SephClone89
02-21-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't understand why we are excited. We're not going to win any games with Teahen at 3rd and Jonesay as DH. :scratch:

Teal?

Frontman
02-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Hope springs eternal!!!! Go get 'em, Sox!!!!!

And thrilled; I mean, totally thrilled to hear Mark is getting the ball on Opening Day. Peavy might be the better pitcher; but I think he'd even understand what this means for the Sox and Sox fans.

Goodbye talk of Damon; hello "Hey Hey Hey...Goodbye!!!"

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Teal?

I hope so. This is a time for happiness, joy, and...churros. :smile:

EDIT - Folks, Carl has done it again! http://www.smellslikemascot.com/

manders_01
02-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Do you go to a lot of Rockies games?

Yes. Typically once a home stand but it varies. It'd be cheaper for me to buy a 25-game package but I like the ability to just walk over whenever I want.

Oh man, that sounds awesome...and sugary! I've never had pancakes and beer. It's good to know Sox fans will be celebrating all over the country. :happyguy:

I started talking about everyone meeting here and since I love being the hostess, it evolved itself from just meeting to meeting with breakfast to breakfast being pancakes to having a pancake bar so everyone can choose what type of pancake they have. It should be one unique "tailgate". :D:

Sox opening day is before the Rockies (Sox is on Monday, Rockies on Friday) so I will be at work while the Sox are celebrating their first home game of the season. :(: There's a frowny face cause I don't get to watch or listen to games at work cause I get too loud. :redface:

asindc
02-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Yes. Typically once a home stand but it varies. It'd be cheaper for me to by a 25-game package but I like the ability to just walk over whenever I want.

I started talking about everyone meeting here and since I love being the hostess, it evolved itself from just meeting to meeting with breakfast to breakfast being pancakes to having a pancake bar so everyone can choose what type of pancake they have. It should be one unique "tailgate". :D:

Sox opening day is before the Rockies (Sox is on Monday, Rockies on Friday) so I will be at work while the Sox are celebrating their first home game of the season. :(: There's a frowny face cause I don't get to watch or listen to games at work cause I get too loud. :redface:

That's cool. I visited Coors four years ago. It is in my top three among all the ballparks I have visited.

DirtySox
02-21-2010, 03:07 PM

You should probably keep such comments in all the other threads that are about that topic. It would be nice to keep this one on track.

SoxGirl4Life
02-21-2010, 03:15 PM
I hope so. This is a time for happiness, joy, and...churros. :smile:

EDIT - Folks, Carl has done it again! http://www.smellslikemascot.com/

:spine tingle: Baseball IS back!

Rdy2PlayBall
02-21-2010, 03:17 PM
EDIT - Folks, Carl has done it again! http://www.smellslikemascot.com/I love those comics! Hilarious! :tongue:
I have some I made a long time ago, I'm going to go digging though my old drawing stuff.

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 03:20 PM
His expression killed me. Here's our skipper, stretching:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chw/gallery/im:urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:mlb,photo,b 2e1ef3054a548f8be6e7fcf63a6359c.white_sox_spring_b aseball_azmd109:1

There are other pics there, too - Peavy throwing, Flowers catching, AJ and Lucy, and Frank and his family during his press conference.

manders_01
02-21-2010, 03:24 PM
His expression killed me. Here's our skipper, stretching:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chw/gallery/im:urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:mlb,photo,b 2e1ef3054a548f8be6e7fcf63a6359c.white_sox_spring_b aseball_azmd109:1

There are other pics there, too - Peavy throwing, Flowers catching, AJ and Lucy, and Frank and his family during his press conference.

Thanks for the link GoGo. I almost screamed with joy and excitement as I was looking at them. :redneck

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure it warrants its own thread, so I wanted to ask in here - what's everyone's start of the season ritual?

For me, it's writing down the game schedule in my day planner, digging my Sox shirts from the drawer to wear, changing my sig pic here on WSI, eating a hot dog for dinner (I did this last year when I was abroad, and it was such fun), wishing all my fellow Sox fans (and one Twins fan) a Happy New Year on facebook, etc.

soxjim
02-21-2010, 04:13 PM
We will just have to wait and see how things playout. All I know, is I'm tired of winter and ready for some good old fashion baseball.

spawn
02-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Yep. 10-152, here we come!

Seriously, if you want to play Buzz Killington and bitch about the DH and Teahen at 3rd, there are other threads for you to do that in. Don't **** in this one.

Rdy2PlayBall
02-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Yep. 10-152, here we come!

Seriously, if you want to play Buzz Killington and bitch about the DH and Teahen at 3rd, there are other threads for you to do that in. Don't **** in this one.I'm guessing you've had me on ignore and just have taken me off? Every thread that complains about these guys, I defend them. It was a teal comment with no teal involved.

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm guessing you've had me on ignore and just have taken me off? Every thread that complains about these guys, I defend them. It was a teal comment with no teal involved.

But your sig has a projection for a 3rd place finish with 61 wins...it seems to indicate that you truly believe what you wrote, no? :?:

JermaineDye05
02-21-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm guessing you've had me on ignore and just have taken me off? Every thread that complains about these guys, I defend them. It was a teal comment with no teal involved.

I caught that, but you gotta be careful. The implied teal can go over people's heads because some people on this board actually believe that :o:!

Rdy2PlayBall
02-21-2010, 04:43 PM
But your sig has a projection for a 3rd place finish with 61 wins...it seems to indicate that you truly believe what you wrote, no? :?:I just changed that like an hour ago, It used to be 92-68. I also had "WSI "the happiest place on earth"", but the Damon overreactions made me change it back to negative and very bad season.

Next time I will make it teal... I just feel I would be using teal way too much because I'm always sarcastic. I guess it's best for the community. :tongue:

MetroPD
02-21-2010, 04:45 PM
come on Paulie, give us another good show!

Brian26
02-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Every thread that complains about these guys, I defend them. It was a teal comment with no teal involved.

I caught that, but you gotta be careful. The implied teal can go over people's heads because some people on this board actually believe that :o:!

Obviously you two intellectuals are in a different league than the rest of us.

DirtySox
02-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Don't worry guys, we are finally going to work on fundamentals (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0221-white-sox-chicago-spring-trai20100220,0,7385567.story) this spring.

Rdy2PlayBall
02-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Obviously you two intellectuals are in a different league than the rest of us.Finally someone that notices. :teach:

Frontman
02-21-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure it warrants its own thread, so I wanted to ask in here - what's everyone's start of the season ritual?

For me, it's writing down the game schedule in my day planner, digging my Sox shirts from the drawer to wear, changing my sig pic here on WSI, eating a hot dog for dinner (I did this last year when I was abroad, and it was such fun), wishing all my fellow Sox fans (and one Twins fan) a Happy New Year on facebook, etc.

For me; its to catch a few ST games on the radio, get one of them on TV. And then, since I normally work for Opening Day; to have it on the radio while decked out in Sox gear while delivering the mail, with the radio BLASTING as the first time I hear Gene's WSCR "White Sox Baseball...." with "He's a Pirate" in the background.

We'll also have a dinner of usual ballpark stuff (dogs, brats, etc.) I'll get bakery cookies with the Sox logo on them for the three of us.

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Ha, I thought this was cute. Someone didn't get the memo!

ChuckGarfien (http://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien)
Why did Andruw Jones come to camp so early? He thought the whole team was supposed to report today. Seriously. #whitesox (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23whitesox)

spawn
02-21-2010, 05:09 PM
1. Being a Mod, I don't have the luxury of putting people on ignore.

2. This off-season, the majority of people here can't stand the DH rotation that Ozzie is implementing, and aren't exactly happy with the Teahen acquisition. I'm sorry if I don't remember every post every poster has made regarding this. And I'm sorry if I don't remember every post you've made. So if your post was suppose to be implied teal, then I missed it. :shrug:

spawn
02-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Finally someone that notices. :teach:
I hope this was suppose to be implied teal, because Brian's post sure was.

BRDSR
02-21-2010, 05:11 PM
For me; its to catch a few ST games on the radio, get one of them on TV. And then, since I normally work for Opening Day; to have it on the radio while decked out in Sox gear while delivering the mail, with the radio BLASTING as the first time I hear Gene's WSCR "White Sox Baseball...." with "He's a Pirate" in the background.

We'll also have a dinner of usual ballpark stuff (dogs, brats, etc.) I'll get bakery cookies with the Sox logo on them for the three of us.

This (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=3&y=2010) seems to suggest that there will not be any spring training games on WGN this year, though a substantial minority of the games will be webcast. I always enjoyed catching a spring training game or two on TV, but it might be time for me to pony up and buy MLB.tv Premium this year; at $120 for the season it's less than a dollar for each White Sox game and of course there are all the other games. Really not a bad deal, considering White Sox and Illini basketball games are all I miss from canceling a cable subscription that was costing me about $700 a year.

manders_01
02-21-2010, 05:14 PM

Why did Andruw Jones come to camp so early? He thought the whole team was supposed to report today. Seriously. #whitesox (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23whitesox)

Uhh, whoops? :dunce:

SephClone89
02-21-2010, 05:15 PM
This (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=3&y=2010) seems to suggest that there will not be any spring training games on WGN this year, though a substantial minority of the games will be webcast. I always enjoyed catching a spring training game or two on TV

The calendar view of the ST schedule does not have broadcast information, for whatever reason.

There will be three White Sox ST games on WGN: March 6th and 7th against the Cubs will be on the station, with the Cubs announcing team, and March 20th against San Diego will also be on WGN, with Hawk and Stoney.

I made a topic detailing the broadcast schedule earlier this week:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118156

Please note that the radio information is incomplete.

Rdy2PlayBall
02-21-2010, 05:16 PM
I hope this was suppose to be implied teal, because Brian's post sure was.I don't know how that smiley could ever not.

GoGoCrede
02-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Uhh, whoops? :dunce:

He gets an F for creativity! He should have said he arrived early because he couldn't wait to work hard and earn playing time, even if he was by himself. :cool:

WhiteSox5187
02-21-2010, 05:25 PM
I liked Ozzie's quote today about Buerhle's perfect game "Please don't throw a no hitter. Please. We were in first place when that happened...and I don't want to hear Hawk's call of another no hitter all winter next year."

Soxman219
02-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Here's to hoping 2010 is a successful and special season for our Southside Hitmen.:gulp:

JermaineDye05
02-21-2010, 05:26 PM
I liked Ozzie's quote today about Buerhle's perfect game "Please don't throw a no hitter. Please. We were in first place when that happened...and I don't want to hear Hawk's call of another no hitter all winter next year."

We've also fallen out of contention both times Buehrle has thrown one.

WhiteSox5187
02-21-2010, 05:27 PM

Yea, I know.

BRDSR
02-21-2010, 05:45 PM
The calendar view of the ST schedule does not have broadcast information, for whatever reason.

There will be three White Sox ST games on WGN: March 6th and 7th against the Cubs will be on the station, with the Cubs announcing team, and March 20th against San Diego will also be on WGN, with Hawk and Stoney.

Ah, very helpful. Your post mentions that the webcasts are free on whitesox.com, but my impression was that those webcasts are part of mlb.tv and need to be purchased as part of a full-season package? Is that incorrect? Are the preseason games basically a free preview of what the regular season games would be?

#1swisher
02-21-2010, 05:45 PM

I just heard Ozzie on the news say this too. Third time's a charm:gulp:

SephClone89
02-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Ah, very helpful. Your post mentions that the webcasts are free on whitesox.com, but my impression was that those webcasts are part of mlb.tv and need to be purchased as part of a full-season package? Is that incorrect? Are the preseason games basically a free preview of what the regular season games would be?

The webcasts are free on whitesox.com. They are produced by the club. They are not of the greatest quality, but passable. It is not the sort of broadcast you would find on mlb.tv .

Corlose 15
02-21-2010, 06:14 PM

They've also won the division every time the season after Buehrle has thrown a no-hitter.

Rdy2PlayBall
02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
They've also won the division every time the season after Buehrle has thrown a no-hitter.I have to change my sig-prediction back again! :bandance:

cws05champ
02-21-2010, 07:26 PM

Did anyone see Joey Cora's comment to Jones:

Jones: I feel I'm the best CF here.
Cora: You should, only the pitchers and catchers have reported....:tongue:

cheezheadsoxfan
02-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Oh Happy Day!!:bliss:

ChiSoxGirl
02-21-2010, 08:40 PM

Yes, you did, and I forgot to thank you for doing that! I printed out a copy and put it on my fridge; but not before I highlighted all the WGN, whitesox.com, and WSCR games. I also wrote those games and their start times in my day planner at school so I have something to smile about when I turn the calendar to March. :bandance:

g0g0
02-22-2010, 07:24 AM
:gosox: The world is right again.

SephClone89
02-22-2010, 07:43 AM
:gosox: The world is right again.

YES!

My Facebook status yesterday was:

"The White Sox are in Glendale, and Spurs are back in fourth place. All is right with the world."

soxfanatlanta
02-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Suddenly, the world makes sense again.

DirtySox
02-23-2010, 02:38 PM
TCQ has arrived, and not surprisingly he has found the batting cages.

http://www.twitvid.com/ECAA3

Gordon working at 2nd:

http://www.twitvid.com/DDEA2

#1swisher
02-23-2010, 06:14 PM
TCQ has arrived, and not surprisingly he has found the batting cages.

http://www.twitvid.com/ECAA3

Gordon working at 2nd:

http://www.twitvid.com/DDEA2

Gordon looks like he's been working out.

Here's an update on Gavins' hip, lunges and squats added to his training.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100223&content_id=8123656&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

GoGoCrede
02-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Gordon looks like he's been working out.

Here's an update on Gavins' hip, lunges and squats added to his training.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100223&content_id=8123656&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

:bandance::bandance::bandance: Finally, some Gavin news! He sounds like he's much better. I can't wait to see how he does this year. I will see him pitch a game in person, dammit! I didn't get to see him at all last season.

spawn
02-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Got the following tweets for Cowley:

Peavy headlines a list of pitchers set to throw live BP to the early campers in about 30 minutes. Finally, some action.

Peavy already yelling at himself becasue of his control. That only took about 6 pitches.

Peavy just broke Lillibridge's bat. Liili is in midseason form.

Vizquel with back-to-back singles off Peavy. Not bad old man, even though he knew fastballs were coming.

JermaineDye05
02-25-2010, 01:02 PM

Peavy headlines a list of pitchers set to throw live BP to the early campers in about 30 minutes. Finally, some action.

Peavy already yelling at himself becasue of his control. That only took about 6 pitches.

Vizquel with back-to-back singles off Peavy. Not bad old man, even though he knew fastballs were coming.

I really don't like Cowley. He's the one beat writer I've read that sounds like he genuinely dislikes the team he covers. At least that's the way it sounds in his writing and tweets. On the score, however, he actually sounds like a halfway decent person.

jsg-07
02-25-2010, 01:07 PM

:clap:

spawn
02-25-2010, 02:21 PM
I really don't like Cowley. He's the one beat writer I've read that sounds like he genuinely dislikes the team he covers. At least that's the way it sounds in his writing and tweets. On the score, however, he actually sounds like a halfway decent person.
I don't think it's because he dislikes the team. It's because he's an *******.

DirtySox
03-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Danks had his head shaved today for cancer awareness. Gavin did the honors it seems.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/danks-shaves-head-for-cancer-awareness.html

JermaineDye05
03-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Jake makes his first ST start against the Cubs

Link (http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/3547)

DirtySox
03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Jake makes his first ST start against the Cubs

Link (http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/3547)

More importantly, the article mentions that the likely rotation this season will be Buehrle, Peavy, Floyd, Danks and Garcia.

SephClone89
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM
More importantly, the article mentions that the likely rotation this season will be Buehrle, Peavy, Floyd, Danks and Garcia.

Interesting that they are going with two righties in a row.

DirtySox
03-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Indeed. Much of what was stated thus far implied that Danks would be in the 3 spot.

sox1970
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Floyd and Garcia would be two righties in a row, too. It makes sense to load up on lefties against the Twins, so the first weekend will be Danks, Garcia, and Buehrle.

DirtySox
03-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Merkin posted this earlier on Twitter, but I don't believe it's been mentioned here. Tomorrow's "B" game vs the Dodgers has the following lineup:

Mitchell 7, Danks 8, Flowers 2, Viciedo 3, Kroeger dh, Nix 4, Lillibridge 6, Morel 5, De Aza 9.

It's a shame that it won't be on TV or the radio, Merkin responded to me that he will keep us updated by Twitter though.

JohnTucker0814
03-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Merkin posted this earlier on Twitter, but I don't believe it's been mentioned here. Tomorrow's "B" game vs the Dodgers has the following lineup:

Mitchell 7, Danks 8, Flowers 2, Viciedo 3, Kroeger dh, Nix 4, Lillibridge 6, Morel 5, De Aza 9.

It's a shame that it won't be on TV or the radio, Merkin responded to me that he will keep us updated by Twitter though.

That would be really fun to watch with 5 of those guys possibly seeing the majors between now and the end of next year! (Mitchell a long shot... but who knows)

voodoochile
03-01-2010, 10:58 PM

Um that has to happen somewhere in the lineup... it's a given... It's impossible for them NOT to have back to back righties somewhere...

RLRLRRLRLR

LRRLRLRRLR

LRLRRLRLRR

In the end so long as they don't put the lefites back to back it comes out to the same thing.

FLoyd is more of a breaking ball pitcher though he has nice pop. It's a good way to mix things up actually because Peavy throws hard...

DirtySox
03-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I can't wait either. I woke up an hour early to get my course work done before the game starts. :gulp:

I'm super excited to see Heyward play. Freeman would be a nice bonus as well.

DirtySox
03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
cst_sox (http://twitter.com/cst_sox)
Hudson looked all-man team. Two IP, 4Ks, no hits. Plus, he fanned "Snoopy Dog" as Oz called him.

Also, Kroeger has homered, Flowers has doubled, Danks singled & stole a bag, and Dayan with a single so far.

havelj
03-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Who is "Snoop Dog" that Cowley is referring to?
http://twitter.com/cst_sox

DirtySox
03-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Who is "Snoop Dog" that Cowley is referring to?
http://twitter.com/cst_sox

Brian Barton.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/DertyFoot/Barton.jpg

DirtySox
03-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Yuck

MDGonzales (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales)
cabrera 3 runs,3 hits, 3 bb in 1 inning

SoxGirl4Life
03-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Yuck

saying "yuck" is being nice.

KMcMahon817
03-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Yuck

That's too bad.

havelj
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
I see the two Sox-Cubs games this weekend are on WGN. Does anyone know if these are Sox or Cubs' broadcasts?

SephClone89
03-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I see the two Sox-Cubs games this weekend are on WGN. Does anyone know if these are Sox or Cubs' broadcasts?

Both of them are Cubs broadcasts.

Friday the 12th is also a Cubs broadcast, but the 13th is a Sox broadcast.

BoKnowsBest
03-02-2010, 06:07 PM
If its even possible, Cabrera looked worse than his numbers indicate. He had absolutely no control at all, basically the worst of any of the guys I've seen so far. I didn't catch much of the game, but I did see Danks swipe 2nd, and whoever the catcher wearing 81 throwing out an attempted steal of 2nd. It was nice seeing one of our catchers, even if its a guy who has 0 chance to make the team, throwing out a baserunner.

KMcMahon817
03-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Anyone know how to find the box score to the game today?

BoKnowsBest
03-02-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't think there is a box score for today's game, since it wasn't really as much of a game as it was just a chance to get out there and play against some other guys for a couple innings. I didn't see anyone keeping score or anything, I think some of the innings ended when the pitchers hit their pitch counts rather than getting 3 outs, so it was really just a glorified practice against a different team instead of a real game.

thomas35forever
03-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Anyone surprised that Floyd did fine and Cabrera sucked ass?

KMcMahon817
03-03-2010, 01:19 AM
I don't think there is a box score for today's game, since it wasn't really as much of a game as it was just a chance to get out there and play against some other guys for a couple innings. I didn't see anyone keeping score or anything, I think some of the innings ended when the pitchers hit their pitch counts rather than getting 3 outs, so it was really just a glorified practice against a different team instead of a real game.

Thanks.:D:

DirtySox
03-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Lineup for GM 1 - Pierre, Beckham, AJ, Jones, Teahen, Alexei, Kotsay, Viciedo, Danks. 9 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/9936979751) via txt (http://twitter.com/devices)

Rios resting a sore shoulder, Kotsay the DH, Jones in CF. The brother Danks on the same field. 8 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/9937015544) via txt (http://twitter.com/devices)

Lip Man 1
03-03-2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/sore-shoulder-to-bench-rios-for-spring-opener.html

Game starts at 4PM Chicago time I understand.

Lip

JermaineDye05
03-03-2010, 03:27 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/sore-shoulder-to-bench-rios-for-spring-opener.html

Game starts at 4PM Chicago time I understand.

Lip

Andruw in CF with Danks in RF

Cue the "Ozzie hates Jordan Danks" comments.

#1swisher
03-03-2010, 06:27 PM
I can't wait either. I woke up an hour early to get my course work done before the game starts. :gulp:

I'm super excited to see Heyward play. Freeman would be a nice bonus as well.

Reiferts' Blog recaps yesterdays game and he posted some pics:cool:

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

JermaineDye05
03-06-2010, 07:50 PM
So with rain expected tomorrow, what are the chances they cancel tomorrow's exhibition? Or at least bump Peavy and whatever other regulars they have planned?

spawn
03-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Sox GM Williams scolds loafing Viciedo (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/williams-has-words-for-viciedo.html)

JermaineDye05
03-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Sox GM Williams scolds loafing Viciedo (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/williams-has-words-for-viciedo.html)

Good.

DirtySox
03-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Good.

Good indeed. I'm not a fan of lazy ballplayers, especially those who don't seem to be in the best physical condition as it is.

GoGoCrede
03-08-2010, 01:21 PM

I wonder if it's an indicator of future attitudes toward the game, or just a lazy kid who needs to mature.

asindc
03-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Good indeed. I'm not a fan of lazy ballplayers, especially those who don't seem to be in the best physical condition as it is.

As a Sox fan, heck, as a sports fan in general, I enthusiastically agree with your post.

oeo
03-08-2010, 01:32 PM

I'm not a fan of lazy ballplayers either, but Viciedo doesn't look out of shape, he just looks like a big guy.

DirtySox
03-08-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm not a fan of lazy ballplayers either, but Viciedo doesn't look out of shape, he just looks like a big guy.

He looks rather chubby to me. That coupled with all the scouting reports about his conditioning make me leery. Maybe he's lost weight, but he doesn't look all that athletic or well conditioned in my eyes.

sox1970
03-08-2010, 01:38 PM

21-year-old baseball players shouldn't have big guts.

Foulke You
03-08-2010, 01:42 PM
He looks rather chubby to me. That coupled with all the scouting reports about his conditioning make me leery. Maybe he's lost weight, but he doesn't look all that athletic or well conditioned in my eyes.
I definitely hate lazy players and am glad KW yelled at him for it. However, I don't really care about his shape as long as he hits the baseball. He seems to be of the Carlos Lee/Prince Fielder-ish body type. You can be a big boy as long as you swing a big bat. What worries me about Dayan is his lack of progress at the plate. He seems to be clueless when the pitcher gives him a steady diet of breaking balls. He is still young and could definitely turn the corner at any time but the clock is already ticking on that big contract he signed.

DirtySox
03-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I definitely hate lazy players and am glad KW yelled at him for it. However, I don't really care about his shape as long as he hits the baseball. He seems to be of the Carlos Lee/Prince Fielder-ish body type. You can be a big boy as long as you swing a big bat. What worries me about Dayan is his lack of progress at the plate. He seems to be clueless when the pitcher gives him a steady diet of breaking balls. He is still young and could definitely turn the corner at any time but the clock is already ticking on that big contract he signed.

No doubt. If a player can smash he's often granted a pass for his athleticism. I would probably care less if he was raking, but lazy conditioning often means a lazy work ethic, and Dayan needs plenty of work judging by his Uribe-esque swings at any breaking pitches in the dirt.

dickallen15
03-08-2010, 02:10 PM

He looks badly out of shape to me. A huge gut. There are and have been plenty of good hitters who have carried extra weight. This guy is just so young, you wonder how big he may get.

asindc
03-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Apparently Alexei didn't eat the same Cuban diet as Viciedo before coming to the U.S.:smile:

DirtySox
03-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Apparently Viciedo also changed his agent to Scott Boras 10 days ago. Mentions it at the end of the article.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/guillen-scolds-viciedo-after-loafing-incident.html

DonnieDarko
03-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Apparently Viciedo also changed his agent to Scott Boras 10 days ago. Mentions it at the end of the article.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/guillen-scolds-viciedo-after-loafing-incident.html

...Well, ****. Guess he won't be here in a few years!

DirtySox
03-08-2010, 08:35 PM

...Well, ****. Guess he won't be here in a few years!

I'm not going to worry about it until he shows that he's even remotely competent with the bat.

oeo
03-09-2010, 03:44 AM
He looks badly out of shape to me. A huge gut. There are and have been plenty of good hitters who have carried extra weight. This guy is just so young, you wonder how big he may get.

Prince Fielder has a huge gut. CC Sabathia has a huge gut. Viciedo, not so much.

Foulke You
03-09-2010, 04:18 PM

Dayan's old agent got him a 4 year contract worth $8 million having never once played a single baseball game in the U.S. and he gets rid of him? What could possibly be his reason for that? :scratch:

doublem23
03-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Dayan's old agent got him a 4 year contract worth $8 million having never once played a single baseball game in the U.S. and he gets rid of him? What could possibly be his reason for that? :scratch:

Boras would have gotten him 6 years, $60 million.

DirtySox
03-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Cuts:

InsideTheSox (http://twitter.com/InsideTheSox)
#WhiteSox (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox) reassign C Miguel Gonzalez, C Josh Phegley and OF Jared Mitchell to minor league camp. Roster at 52.

This certainly makes spring training games far less interesting.

DirtySox
03-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Cuts:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20100316&content_id=8808912&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

sox1970
03-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Hynick being outrighted means he was dropped from the 40-man. I could see them sign another lefty reliever. There's plenty out there.

DirtySox
03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
viciedo to be sent to minors, more cuts later, sox to wear green caps

sox1970
03-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Daniel Cabrera and Jason Botts were released.

Coop couldn't fix him.

Marquez and Viciedo to minor league camp.

DirtySox
03-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Daniel Cabrera and Jason Botts were released.

Coop couldn't fix him.

Marquez and Viciedo to minor league camp.

Not surprised with Cabrera. His velocity has dropped substantially in recent years. Supposedly he was barely around 90 this camp. Couple that with an absence of control, and that's one hell of a mess.

DirtySox
03-17-2010, 12:58 PM
ESPNChiSox (http://twitter.com/ESPNChiSox)
White Sox closer Bobby Jenks working on new technique - full windup to gain velocity. More later.

This could be a good thing or a bad thing. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. It also makes you wonder what his current velocity is if there is a need to increase it.

DirtySox
03-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Bobby had an MRI on the calf and mild irritation was found. Cue up the closer controversy.

DirtySox
03-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Sox make more moves....goodbye to T. Flowers, C. Torres, R. Braun, J. Danks, Kroeger, Morel and Retherford. 32 left.

delben91
03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Sox make more moves....goodbye to T. Flowers, C. Torres, R. Braun, J. Danks, Kroeger, Morel and Retherford. 32 left.

Only mild surprise here is Retherford since he'd been mentioned as a dark horse to supplant either Nix/Lillibridge.

Personally think this clears the way for Nix to get the last roster spot.

spawn
03-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Only mild surprise here is Retherford since he'd been mentioned as a dark horse to supplant either Nix/Lillibridge.

Personally think this clears the way for Nix to get the last roster spot.
I think that decision has already been made, as he is out of options. He just hasn't really done anything to make the decision a no-brainer. I think the Retherford dark-horse story was made up by ozzie to light a fire under Lillibirdge and Nix. It failed.

Thatguyoverthere
03-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I think that decision has already been made, as he is out of options. He just hasn't really done anything to make the decision a no-brainer. I think the Retherford dark-horse story was made up by ozzie to light a fire under Lillibirdge and Nix. It failed.Isn't Nix hitting something like .350 this spring though? I know his defense has been bad, but he is hitting the ball, right?

DirtySox
03-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Isn't Nix hitting something like .350 this spring though? I know his defense has been bad, but he is hitting the ball, right?

Yep. People see the K's and think he's batting .100

His defense is questionable at positions other than 2B.

DirtySox
03-30-2010, 11:42 AM
No roster surprises:

Santos makes club, De Aza, Hudson, Lillibridge sent to Triple-A. Leesman, Threets, Lucy and Aquino head to minors.

DirtySox
03-30-2010, 11:56 AM
InsideTheSox (http://twitter.com/InsideTheSox)
#WhiteSox (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhiteSox) OD Roster: Buehrle, Danks, Floyd, Garcia, Jenks, Linebrink, Peavy, Pena, Putz, Santos, Thornton, Williams, Castro, Pierzynski, Beckham, Konerko, Kotsay, Nix, Ramirez, Teahen, Vizquel, Jones, Pierre, Quentin and Rios. Play ball!

WhiteSox5187
03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm really curious to see what this Santos kid can do. I think it'd be one hell of a story if a failed infielder can become a great relief pitcher.

DirtySox
03-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Garcia getting pounded today by the Indians. 8 hit, 8 run second inning.

(posting this here as I see no gamethread)

cards press box
03-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Garcia getting pounded today by the Indians. 8 hit, 8 run second inning.

(posting this here as I see no gamethread)

I wonder about Garcia's shoulder. If this keeps up, Dan Hudson won't be in Charlotte very long.

DirtySox
03-31-2010, 03:53 PM
I wonder about Garcia's shoulder. If this keeps up, Dan Hudson won't be in Charlotte very long.

I think Hudson is pretty much an untouchable in regards to trades at this point. If a starter goes down it's Hudson, Torres, and than nothing.

DirtySox
03-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Garcia pulled after 3 2/3 innings, 10 runs, 12 hits, bases loaded. Sergio Santos now pitching.

JermaineDye05
03-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Garcia has had a horrible spring to say the least.

However, Cowley said that Freddy just doesn't care out there. I think Ozzie also said that if they didn't already know Freddy, they'd be concerned.

We'll see how he does when the bell rings. I imagine he'll be kept on a pretty short least before the Sox go to Hudson. Considering he's the 5th starter, there's not much cause for concern.

DirtySox
03-31-2010, 04:39 PM
scottmerkin (http://twitter.com/scottmerkin)
Santos fans Espino, Cabrera and Choo in the fifth

JermaineDye05
03-31-2010, 04:42 PM
On a lighter note...

Santos just struck out the side, save a walk, in the bottom of the 5th.

sox1970
03-31-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm sure they'll pick their spots to use Santos at first. But it would be a great thing if he eventually makes Linebrink's badness irrelevant.

JermaineDye05
03-31-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm sure they'll pick their spots to use Santos at first. But it would be a great thing if he eventually makes Linebrink's badness irrelevant.

Cowley says it's going to go one of two ways for Santos.

Either he can't find the plate come regular season and the Sox are forced to send him down and most likely lose him to waivers.

OR

He's gonna be so good and then groomed into the closer of the future.

JermaineDye05
03-31-2010, 04:48 PM
In 9.1 IP, Santos has struck out 16 batters. However, he has also walked 7.

BadBobbyJenks
03-31-2010, 04:54 PM
In 9.1 IP, Santos has struck out 16 batters. However, he has also walked 7.

He seems very very similar to that guy on the north side of town.

BadBobbyJenks
03-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Any word on Garcia's velocity today? Been around 87 all spring right?

JermaineDye05
03-31-2010, 08:34 PM
He seems very very similar to that guy on the north side of town.

Yeah, except Marmol probably has one of the best, if not the best, slider in all of baseball.

DirtySox
03-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, except Marmol probably has one of the best, if not the best, slider in all of baseball.

Santos' slider is pretty nasty as well. It sits between 88-90 according to sources. He also has a great changeup. If he can harness his command he could be fantastic late inning guy/closer.

It's kind of funny (sad?) that one of the best relief prospects in the organization is a converted IF who has been pitching for less than a year.

JermaineDye05
03-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Santos' slider is pretty nasty as well. It sits between 88-90 according to sources. He also has a great changeup. If he can harness his command he could be fantastic late inning guy/closer.

Yeah it is very good, it's just that Marmol's is just the definition of nasty, but like Santos, has trouble finding the plate.

Best case scenario for Santos: White Sox version of Marmol

Worst case scenario: Another Mike MacDougal

I think he can be one of those effectively wild pitchers, as long as he's able to locate that fastball consistently.

DirtySox
04-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Castro might start the season on the DL. If so, Lucy would take his place.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/ramon-castro-may-start-season-on-white-sox-dl.html

DirtySox
04-04-2010, 10:36 AM
donny Lucy on Sox roster, which means Castro on DL