PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me

34rancher
06-14-2002, 03:25 PM
They throw 4 straight balls to Kenny, and Graff swings at the first pitch? UGH! Just bad baseball.

duke of dorwood
06-14-2002, 03:29 PM
It's the lack of discipline we will always see under this regime

Kilroy
06-14-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
They throw 4 straight balls to Kenny, and Graff swings at the first pitch? UGH! Just bad baseball.

I complain about this crap all the time. Come on rain...

RKMeibalane
06-14-2002, 04:11 PM
Jeff Liefer did the same thing. I don't know what the deal is with some of these guys. In order to get a good look at what a pticher throws, it is necessary to work the count and not swing at the first pitch.

Garland just didn't have it today. I'm sure Cubs fans will be saying that they got the better end of the deal involving Garland and Karchner. How little they understand baseball. I guarantee each and everyone of you on this board that none of the Cubs pitchers could shut down Boston, as Garland did last month.

The Sox need to get back in this game, if for no other reason, to cause Cubs fans to wet their pants. BTW, I have been listening to the game on a Cubs radio affiliate, and I have quickly learned some things about Pat Hughes and Ron Santo. This is the first time I've heard either one. My first impression of both is that neither man appears to be terribly organized- Hughes did not know that Keith Foulke is no longer the closer. Neither Hughes or Santo knew that Osuna is now the closer.

I realize that no one is perfect, but isn't it part of their job to find out those things, so fans who haven't been keeping up will have a better idea of what's going on?

CerberusWG
06-14-2002, 04:14 PM
Lets hope we see Willie sometime in the near future.