PDA

View Full Version : Manuel May Bat Reyes Third

RKMeibalane
02-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2010/news/story?id=4928325)

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

(You knew I was going to do this.)

asindc
02-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Has David Wright been traded?:scratch:

RKMeibalane
02-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Has David Wright been traded?:scratch:

He has not, hence my post about Manuel tinkering with the Mets' lineup. Rarely do any of his moves make sense- something he freely admitted during the 2002 season.

TheOldRoman
02-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Didn't you start this exact thread last year?

spawn
02-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Didn't you start this exact thread last year?
That was someone else:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109717

TheOldRoman
02-19-2010, 03:05 PM
That was someone else:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109717 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109717) Correct. But his post in that thread was exactly the same as this one.:D:

Craig Grebeck
02-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Eh, I don't know. I don't think it really matters. He and Wright are going to take care of business no matter where they are.

SoxNation05
02-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Eh, I don't know. I don't think it really matters. He and Wright are going to take care of business no matter where they are.

Yeah, aslong as it's not last year.

Jpgr91
02-19-2010, 11:51 PM
I never understood why a NL team would bat one of their best hitters lead off. The player only leads off the game once, but then will get 3-5 more AB's that are preceded by the pitchers spot in the batting order. I would think you want your best hitters batting when there are less then 2 outs, and that's tough to do when the batter preceding the player is pretty much an automatic out. Moving Reyes to the 3 hole will lead to a lot more innings where Reyes is batting with 1 out and a runner or two on, producing more big innings than if he were batting lead off.

Dub25
02-20-2010, 12:00 AM
I never understood why a NL team would bat one of their best hitters lead off. The player only leads off the game once, but then will get 3-5 more AB's that are preceded by the pitchers spot in the batting order. I would think you want your best hitters batting when there are less then 2 outs, and that's tough to do when the batter preceding the player is pretty much an automatic out. Moving Reyes to the 3 hole will lead to a lot more innings where Reyes is batting with 1 out and a runner or two on, producing more big innings than if he were batting lead off.

I don't get that argument about leading off once a game. Yes, that may be true but the purpose of a leadoff guy is to get the lineup going again, even if there is an out or 2. Try and set the table again for the big boys. With that being said, why would you waste a guy that can steal 80 in the 3 spot?

Jpgr91
02-20-2010, 12:17 AM
I don't get that argument about leading off once a game. Yes, that may be true but the purpose of a leadoff guy is to get the lineup going again, even if there is an out or 2. Try and set the table again for the big boys. With that being said, why would you waste a guy that can steal 80 in the 3 spot?

But who bats behind him at 2, Castillo? Getting the inning going again may make sense if they had a better 2 hole hitter, but I do not think the Mets have one. I would think that a 3-5 of Reyes/Wright/Bay would probably be one of the more productive 3-5 in baseball.

DSpivack
02-20-2010, 12:27 AM
But who bats behind him at 2, Castillo? Getting the inning going again may make sense if they had a better 2 hole hitter, but I do not think the Mets have one. I would think that a 3-5 of Reyes/Wright/Bay would probably be one of the more productive 3-5 in baseball.

Why not go Reyes-Beltran-Wright-Bay at the top of the order?

Dub25
02-20-2010, 12:39 AM

I have not paid too much attention to Castillo since the 03 Marlins team but him in the 2 hole behind Pierre was pretty good.

Jpgr91
02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Why not go Reyes-Beltran-Wright-Bay at the top of the order?

I think Beltran is injured and he is going to miss some of the season. I also not sure of the Mets would want Francour / Murphy in the 5 hole.

I have not paid too much attention to Castillo since the 03 Marlins team but him in the 2 hole behind Pierre was pretty good.

I do not think he has been that good in a while.