PDA

View Full Version : MLB Network reality show featuring Sox

BeeBeeRichard
02-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Victor Rojas of MLB Network has Tweeted that the Sox front office will be featured in a new reality show on the network:

http://twitter.com/VictorRojas29/status/9338573792

skobabe8
02-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Uh-oh! Don't reality shows divorce/ruin most families?!

:cool:

BringBackBlkJack
02-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Oh man. I'm really glad I get MLB Network. I'll be sure to tune in for this one. Thanks for the heads-up.

CLR01
02-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Uh-oh! Don't reality shows divorce/ruin most families?!

:cool:

KW and Ozzie will seperate?

dickallen15
02-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Sherman has something about this in Crain's. It debuts July 4th and is a behind the scenes look at the White Sox operation.

GoGoCrede
02-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Awesome. I can't wait! :bandance::gulp:

ewokpelts
02-19-2010, 11:55 AM
CHICAGO WHITE SOX FRONT OFFICE TO BE FEATURED IN
MLB NETWORK REALITY SERIES THE CLUB

Original Series from MLB Productions to Follow White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf,
General Manager Ken Williams & Manager Ozzie Guillen

Secaucus, N.J. – MLB Network today announced that Chicago White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, General Manager Ken Williams and Manager Ozzie Guillen will be featured in The Club, an original reality series produced for MLB Network by MLB Productions that will air this summer. As a follow up to 2009’s The Penfeaturing the Philadelphia Phillies’ bullpen, The Club will follow Reinsdorf, Williams and Guillen with unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to a Major League Baseball club’s front office. The Club is scheduled to premiere on MLB Network on Sunday, July 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Throughout each episode, The Clubwill focus on the realities and challenges both on and off the field for the men who run one of MLB’s most storied franchises. Beginning this month through to the Trade Deadline on July 31, MLB Productions’ cameras will capture footage at the club’s Spring Training camp in Arizona, during roster meetings, on Opening Day, on the road for away games and to get a look at Reinsdorf, Williams and Guillen away from the ballpark. The series will alsofeature personnel who work within the front office, including Assistant General Manager Rick Hahn, Pitching Coach Don Cooper and Batting Coach Greg Walker.
“The success of The Penlast season showed that fans want to learn more about their favorite teams, players and managers on and off the field,” said Tony Petitti, president and CEO of MLB Network. “This season we’ll give fans unprecedented access to one of the most dynamic managers and front office staffs in Major League Baseball.”
“The core of our baseball operations staff has been together now for many years,” said Ken Williams, White Sox general manager. “The White Sox can be described pretty accurately as a family, even down to the unique relationships we all enjoy with one another. We understand that fans want a glimpse inside a baseball club’s front office, want to see how decisions are made and want to watch as a spring training roster comes together to form a team. We hope The Club provides that type of insight into the White Sox this summer for baseball fans.”
The Clubis produced by MLB Productions. Gary Waksman is the Lead Producer, Robert Haddad is the Coordinating Producer, and David Check is the Executive Producer. Throughout production, Haddad will post video blogs following each shoot to the MLB Productions website.
“It’s our goal to come up with new ways to give fans behind-the-scenes access to Major League Baseball clubs and its players,” said David Gavant, Executive in charge of Production and Vice President, MLB Productions. “With The Club, our second reality-based series, we will give viewers an exclusive look into the daily lives of the White Sox front office staff both on and off the field.”
The Club is the fifth series produced for MLB Network by MLB Productions, following Prime 9, Baseball Seasons, Triumph & Tragedy and The Pen.

About MLB Network
MLB Network launched on January 1, 2009 as the largest debut in cable television history and is currently available in approximately 54 million cable and satellite homes. With live games, original programming, highlights, classic games, and coverage of baseball events, MLB Network is the ultimate television destination for baseball fans. For more information and to find MLB Network in your area, go to www.mlbnetwork.com (http://www.mlbnetwork.com/).

About MLB Productions
Major League Baseball Productions is the Emmy® award-winning television and video production division of Major League Baseball and the official video archivists of the game. With unparalleled access to the Clubs and their players, Major League Baseball Productions produces original programming for growing audiences worldwide through its network specials, exclusive home videos, commercials and other specialty programming. For more information on Major League Baseball Productions, log on to www.MLBProductions.com (http://www.mlbproductions.com/).

thomas35forever
02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh wow. This is gonna be great.

SoxGirl4Life
02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
I'll have to get Comcast just for this. Damn Dish Network...

Nellie_Fox
02-19-2010, 12:44 PM
KW and Ozzie will separate?
Who will get custody of Joey Cora?

CLR01
02-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Who will get custody of Joey Cora?

I'm not so much worried about Cora as I am Walker. Hopefully he goes with Ozzie.

thedudeabides
02-19-2010, 01:02 PM
This is suppose to be in the realm of "Hard Knocks".

This should be really good, and I think it will show people the other side of Kenny and Ozzie. Outsiders are just used to their media tirades, but it will be a good format to show the family environment the Sox run.

I'm pretty excited about this.

october23sp
02-19-2010, 01:05 PM
How will Kenny fly under the radar if everyone can see him on his cell phone at the airport?

geraldfritz
02-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Wow I can not wait for this. Sounds like it is going to be entertaining as hell. Glad I have the MLB Network. I am getting really pumped up for this season. Already got my tickets to Opening Day as well.

GO SOX!!!!

DumpJerry
02-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Directv carries MLB Network.

It'll be pretty funny watching them lurking on WSI laughing with tears running down their cheeks at the Johnny Damon threads because it will turn out that the Sox never tried to get Damon in the first place.....

Lip Man 1
02-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Reinsdorf avoids the media so much that I think I'll watch this. Don't expect anything very controversial however, this is a MLB production, basically a house organ that will show things in the best light, not necessarily as they are.

Still it could be very interesting to see some of the dynamics that go on.

Lip

cws05champ
02-19-2010, 02:41 PM
It would be really funny if you saw that in actuality they couldn't get Harold Baines to shut up behind the scenes.

samurai_sox
02-19-2010, 03:16 PM
So only Comcast and DirectTV get MLB network? I was thinking about switching over to U-Verse but if they don't get MLB Network that hurts its chances of coming into my home.

Moses_Scurry
02-19-2010, 03:21 PM
This almost makes me hope that Ozzie has one of his patented huge tirades some time in may or june. The only problem is that those tirades usually corellate with long losing streaks.

02-19-2010, 03:25 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100219&content_id=8098734&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Here is another story and preview on it.

mantis1212
02-19-2010, 03:26 PM
This looks so awesome, but I have U-Verse and don't have MLB network. How can I convince that company to carry it? Let's start a petition

02-19-2010, 03:27 PM
This looks so awesome, but I have U-Verse and don't have MLB network. How can I convince that company to carry it? Let's start a petition

You can write them an email. I just got U-Verse and realized today I don't have MLB Network. I have just about EVERYTHING ELSE imaginable including WGN HD but not MLB Network?

DSpivack
02-19-2010, 03:46 PM
So only Comcast and DirectTV get MLB network? I was thinking about switching over to U-Verse but if they don't get MLB Network that hurts its chances of coming into my home.

I have RCN and get it.

ilsox7
02-19-2010, 03:54 PM
I wonder if they will show KW posting on WSI. Then maybe everyone will know he posts as Brian26.

Ooops.

Sarah
02-19-2010, 04:13 PM
I have MLB Network, but perhaps for those who are worried it might show up on mlb.com - anyone know if they did this for The Pen last year?

Sockinchisox
02-19-2010, 04:44 PM
...I hate you U-Verse.

Lip Man 1
02-19-2010, 05:54 PM
To the best of my knowledge this is the 3rd “documentary” / TV special (call it what you will) that featured the Sox front office.

The first came in 1958 when a 20 minute film was produced called, “The White Sox Story: The Life of a Sox Rookie.” It focused on young outfielder Johnny Callison. How he was scouted, signed and his life in the minor leagues. Jack Brickhouse narrated it with footage from spring training, the Sox minor league camp and game footage of the Yankees in Chicago playing the Sox in 1958.

The second came in April 1993 right before opening day. PBS as part of their Frontline series, aired, “The Trouble With Baseball.” It was a one hour show that looked at the issues in baseball. It focused on the “big market” White Sox and the “small market” Brewers. Both JR and Proud To Be Your Bud got plenty of face time. It went inside the Sox offices and meetings that were discussing operations, marketing and so forth. It also aired in stark reality the issues surrounding the Carlton Fisk / Jerry Reinsdorf war. Both men talked and insulted each other on camera. It brought in Peter Gammons to offer his comments on the Fisk Feud, the state of baseball and the other brewing feud between the White Sox and Jack McDowell. It was a very interesting show. The jumping off point for it was Fisk’ home run in the 1975 World Series and traced the path baseball took until the show aired in 1993. I have it in my library but perhaps you can find it on you tube etc.

Lip

DSpivack
02-19-2010, 05:57 PM
To the best of my knowledge this is the 3rd “documentary” / TV special (call it what you will) that featured the Sox front office.

The first came in 1958 when a 20 minute film was produced called, “The White Sox Story: The Life of a Sox Rookie.” It focused on young outfielder Johnny Callison. How he was scouted, signed and his life in the minor leagues. Jack Brickhouse narrated it with footage from spring training, the Sox minor league camp and game footage of the Yankees in Chicago playing the Sox in 1958.

The second came in April 1993 right before opening day. PBS as part of their Frontline series, aired, “The Trouble With Baseball.” It was a one hour show that looked at the issues in baseball. It focused on the “big market” White Sox and the “small market” Brewers. Both JR and Proud To Be Your Bud got plenty of face time. It went inside the Sox offices and meetings that were discussing operations, marketing and so forth. It also aired in stark reality the issues surrounding the Carlton Fisk / Jerry Reinsdorf war. Both men talked and insulted each other on camera. It brought in Peter Gammons to offer his comments on the Fisk Feud, the state of baseball and the other brewing feud between the White Sox and Jack McDowell. It was a very interesting show. The jumping off point for it was Fisk’ home run in the 1975 World Series and traced the path baseball took until the show aired in 1993. I have it in my library but perhaps you can find it on you tube etc.

Lip

Reinsdorf and Selig [who have always been close, no?] as big and small market owners a year before the CBA was up? I'm smelling something there.

Over By There
02-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Ozzie is going to give the editors a workout with the "bleep" button. :smile: Looking forward to this.

Lip Man 1
02-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Spivak (and others):

Here's what I found on the PBS/Frontline baseball show:

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/04/06/movies/review-television-baseball-s-self-inflicted-sports-injury.html?pagewanted=1

Lip

KnightSox
02-19-2010, 06:48 PM
How will Kenny fly under the radar if everyone can see him on his cell phone at the airport?Stealth technology!

Sox-on-TV44
02-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I got DirecTV,so yes!I'll get to see it!

A Sox reality show.FINALLY,a reality show I can watch for a change!:thumbsup:

And why not,the Cubs have that same sitcom they star in for 102 years!:roflmao:

manders_01
02-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Hmmmm, hopefully there will be full episodes online after they're on MLB Network. :praying:

Frontman
02-20-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm usually not one for too much reality TV; but this is going to be priceless. Ozzie swearing up a blue streak; and what will be fun to see is how many of the players avoid the camera as much as possible, and how many will find ways of getting into the shot:

"AJ! Why are you in here during this contract negotiation?"

"Sorry Kenny; but I was just getting the ball that Paulie hit through your window...."

russ99
02-20-2010, 08:58 PM

No kidding. I may need to switch to DirectTV for this. Also for the World Cup in HD.

DSpivack
02-20-2010, 09:07 PM
No kidding. I may need to switch to DirectTV for this. Also for the World Cup in HD.

You don't get ESPN in HD?

TheOzziePlan
02-21-2010, 07:14 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20100221/SPORTS02/2210535/1050/SPORTS/MLB-reality-show-to-follow-the-White-Sox-

not sure if this was posted yet

Shoeless
02-21-2010, 10:12 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118195

I admit myself excited :)

tick53
02-21-2010, 11:52 AM
This should be real cool. Finally our beloved Sox will get some national publicity too. The MLB Network has done a good job so far. Their Prime 9 and Studio 42 features are pretty good entertainment.