PDA

View Full Version : MLB Rankings

Rockabilly
02-18-2010, 09:36 PM
http://talksportsphilly.com/?p=1632

I believe that the Sox should be around the 8th best team

hi im skot
02-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Am I supposed to care what "Johnny G" thinks?

oeo
02-18-2010, 10:35 PM

Doesn't Johnny G post here?

NDSox12
02-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Hard to take seriously an article riddled with spelling, grammatical and factual errors.

GoGoCrede
02-18-2010, 11:01 PM
I like how he calls the Sox "one of the many teams" who could take the Central. Makes it sound like there are a hundred teams in the running.

Oh, and spelling it "Buerhle" annoys me.

Hitmen77
02-18-2010, 11:23 PM
The Yankees and Red Sox are the top 2 teams in baseball again? Yayy!!!!! Baseball fever, catch it! I love MLB revolves around these two rich teams year after year.

Having the Sox at 14th shouldn't surprise people here. Face it, we have a very average team. Our good rotation is evened out by poor defense and question marks through the lineup.

Dub25
02-18-2010, 11:27 PM
The Yankees and Red Sox are the top 2 teams in baseball again? Yayy!!!!! Baseball fever, catch it! I love MLB revolves around these two rich teams year after year.

Having the Sox at 14th shouldn't surprise people here. Face it, we have a very average team. Our good rotation is evened out by poor defense and question marks through the lineup.

We will probably get blasted but I agree. I love the pitching but its the offense and defense I'm not sure about. Just like the Yankees, the Sox best SS might not be playing SS.

DumpJerry
02-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Who is this guy and why do we give a rat's ass what some guy from Philly says?

Nellie_Fox
02-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Just like the Yankees, the Sox best SS might not be playing SS.Just about everybody in MLB played shortstop in Little League. Most of them played it in Pony League. Lots of them probably played it in high school. Some played it in college.

It's usually where the best all-around player on the team plays, and at every level, some of them no longer are the one to play that position. I haven't heard a single authoritative source say that Beckham should be a MLB shortstop. In other words, just because you played it in college doesn't mean it's your "natural" position, as so many on here would have it.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Who is this guy and why do we give a rat's ass what some guy from Philly says?

DING DING DING!

When i clicked the link, i thought it was going to be some writer for MLB Network, or at the very least, ESPN. I could care less what some guy in philly thinks about my team.

SephClone89
02-19-2010, 12:00 AM
I could care less what some guy in philly thinks about my team.

How much less could you care?

GoGoCrede
02-19-2010, 12:01 AM

Right on cue. :cool: I was about to do it myself. Where's kittle?!?

Frater Perdurabo
02-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Just about everybody in MLB played shortstop in Little League. Most of them played it in Pony League. Lots of them probably played it in high school. Some played it in college.

Even Bengie Molina and Dimitri Young? :tongue:

DumpJerry
02-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Just about everybody in MLB played shortstop in Little League. Most of them played it in Pony League. Lots of them probably played it in high school. Some played it in college.

It's usually where the best all-around player on the team plays, and at every level, some of them no longer are the one to play that position. I haven't heard a single authoritative source say that Beckham should be a MLB shortstop. In other words, just because you played it in college doesn't mean it's your "natural" position, as so many on here would have it.
As someone who is left handed, I resemble that remark.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-19-2010, 01:30 PM

about half a tablespoon.

mzh
02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
I could care more about what some nobody in Philly thinks, but I would like to know the logic of having the Rangers and Marlins ahead of us :scratch:

johnnyg83
02-19-2010, 03:29 PM

HEY! What the!

Wait. Sorry, that's not me.