PDA

View Full Version : Near-complete Spring Training broadcast schedule.

SephClone89
02-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Hey all,

My baseball fever got to the point last night where I decided to go through the painstaking task of figuring out in more detail which of our ST games will be broadcast where and how. I used the Sox broadcast schedule, which includes games on The Score, free webcasts on whitesox.com, and Sox-produced TV broadcasts on CSN and WGN.

In addition, I checked out the Cubs' schedule and saw that all of the Sox/Cubs games are on TV, when you include the ones produced by the Cubs. In addition, the game on March 6th will be broadcast by WGN-Radio simultaneoously with the split-squad game against the Dodgers being on The Score! Two Sox games on the dial at once! I will probably find myself tuned into the game on Channel 9 and turning on the other game on The Score to drown out Bob and Len.

I also went through all of the other teams we play to figure out which ones were airing games on the radio that the Score isn't. For those of us who subscribe to MLB Gameday Audio, this is perfect. I've marked those with simply "mlb.com". Please note that this is NOT a free radio broadcast, and you need to pay the $15 for the season to listen to whatever MLB games you want all season.

I thought it would be helpful to have this all in one place. This isn't necessarily complete, as some teams that we are playing don't have their ST broadcast schedule on their website, so the radio part is incomplete. However, seeing as you need to access the games from the Gameday Audio menu anyhow, the day of you will easily be able to tell if the Sox game is being broadcast by someone.

I did this as an attachment as well, in a table format which is easier to read. Mods, if having it in the post is too cumbersome as well you can remove it. Print this out so you can have all of this in front of you! Happy spring!

SephClone89
02-16-2010, 01:13 PM
*To clarify: "MLB.com" signifies the opponents' radio feed on MLB Gameday Audio, and "whitesox.com" is the free video webcasts available on the official site.

2010 Spring Training Schedule
(home games in bold)

Thu, March 4
LA Angels

Tempe

WSCR

4:05 p.m.

Fri, March 5
LA Dodgers

Glendale

whitesox.com

2:05 p.m.

Sat, March 6
LA Dodgers (ss)

Glendale

WSCR*

Cubs (ss)

Mesa

WGN (Cubs)

WGN (Cubs)

Sun, March 7
Cubs

Glendale

WGN

(Cubs)

WSCR

whitesox.com

Mon, March 8
Seattle

Glendale

whitesox.com

Tue, March 9
San Francisco

Scottsdale

MLB.com

Wed, March 10
Oakland

Phoenix

Thu, March 11
Cleveland

Glendale

MLB.com

whitesox.com

Fri, March 12
LA Angels (ss)

Tempe

4:05 p.m.

Cubs (ss)

Las Vegas (Nev.)

CSN

(Cubs)

WSCR*

9:05 p.m.

Sat, March 13
Milwaukee (ss)

Glendale

whitesox.com

Cubs (ss)

Las Vegas (Nev.)

CSN

WSCR

3:05 p.m.

Sun, March 14
Cincinnati

Goodyear

MLB.com

Mon, March 15
Kansas City

Glendale

CSN

Tue, March 16
Colorado

Glendale

whitesox.com

Wed, March 17
LA Dodgers

Glendale

Thu, March 18
OFF DAY

Fri, March 19
Cubs

Glendale

CSN

WSCR*

Sat, March 20
San Diego

Glendale

WGN

WSCR*

Sun, March 21
Milwaukee

Maryvale

WSCR

Mon, March 22
Kansas City

Surprise

MLB.com

Tue, March 23
San Francisco

Glendale

MLB.COM

whitesox.com

Wed, March 24
Arizona

Glendale

CSN

Thu, March 25
San Diego

Peoria

Fri, March 26
Arizona

Tucson

Sat, March 27
Colorado

Tucson

3:10 p.m.

Sun, March 28
Kansas City (ss)

Glendale

WSCR

whitesox.com

Texas (ss)

Surprise

Mon, March 29
LA Angels

Glendale

CSN

Tue, March 30
Oakland

Glendale

whitesox.com

Wed, March 31
Cleveland

Goodyear

MLB.com

Thu, April 1
Seattle (ss)

Peoria

WSCR

2:00 p.m.

Charlotte (ss)

Charlotte (N.C.)

6:05 p.m.

Fri, April 2
Atlanta

Atlanta (Ga.)

MLB.com
6:05 p.m.

Sat, April 3
Atlanta

Atlanta (Ga.)

MLB.com

12:05 p.m.

Gammons Peter
02-16-2010, 01:20 PM
nice work, thanks

Foulke You
02-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks! I've got this printed up and taped on the wall near my desk.:thumbsup:

Sad
02-16-2010, 01:44 PM
good stuff

will hang this in the sports den w/ all my other crap the wife would just as soon see on the curb :D:

Lip Man 1
02-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Seph:

You'll probably want to check the regional sports networks available on satellite TV. Many of them (i.e. Colorado, Arizona, Milwaukee etc.) broadcast a number of spring games.

In the past I've seen the Sox play the Rockies say on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain, the Sox play Seattle on Fox Sports Northwest.

Depending on where you live those games may be in your "home team" area and not blacked out.

Plus the final week of the spring season DirecTV offers all spring training games everywhere free and not blacked out as part of their opening week push to get folks to subscribe to the Extra Innings package. Basically the last week of the spring and the first week of the regular season are free and in the clear.

Lip

Slappy
02-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Mad props, Seph.

Was actually going to make a post about this the other day, since I was curious myself.

manders_01
02-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Thank you for taking the time to do this! I will definitely be using it. :gulp:

roylestillman
02-16-2010, 10:26 PM
It's on the fridge. Thanks.

sox1970
02-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Spring games on MLB Network. They'll probably all be blacked out in the Chicago area. Times are CT.

3-4 at LAA 10pm (tape delay)
3-6 at LA 6pm (tape delay)
3-15 vs KC 9pm (live)
3-17 at LA 4pm (tape delay)
3-19 vs Chi 10pm (tape delay)
3-24 vs Ari 3pm (live)