PDA

View Full Version : Got my tickets

soxfan22
02-16-2010, 04:25 AM
Got tickets for the Orioles @ Sox on the 24th and 26th 2010 and got a ticket for the Yankees @ Sox on the 27th August.

Happy days :)

dickallen15
02-16-2010, 08:19 AM
It will be even happier after you watch three White Sox victories.

soxfan22
02-16-2010, 06:02 PM
It will be even happier after you watch three White Sox victories.

As I'm coming over from London, this will be my 3rd visit to Chicago in the last 4 years and having seen the White Sox on my previous two visits, my stats are Won 1 Lost 1.........so those 3 victories will be very much appreciated.

It's a bit early.............but GO SOX!!!!! :bandance:

SephClone89
02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
As I'm coming over from London, this will be my 3rd visit to Chicago in the last 4 years and having seen the White Sox on my previous two visits, my stats are Won 1 Lost 1.........so those 3 victories will be very much appreciated.

It's pretty nailed-on that I'll be in Leicester for this fall semester, and I'll be going down to London whenever possible to go see Spurs. We should high five as we pass each other halfway over the Atlantic or something. :tongue:

GoGoCrede
02-16-2010, 08:14 PM

I love London, it's one of my top 5 cities. What a trip to come all the way over here. I salute you. :gulp:Yay for Sox fans who weren't born in the Midwest! I haven't met too many like us.

uksoxfan
02-17-2010, 10:13 AM

Hi Soxfan22. I'm in Chicago from 26th-30th august & have tickets too. I'm a little ahead of you as this will be my 7th trip since 2001......just love the place! Maybe I'll bump into you & we can have a couple of pints:gulp::gulp:.

Regards Bri.

soxfan22
02-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi Soxfan22. I'm in Chicago from 26th-30th august & have tickets too. I'm a little ahead of you as this will be my 7th trip since 2001......just love the place! Maybe I'll bump into you & we can have a couple of pints:gulp::gulp:.

Regards Bri.

Hey Bri, not a bad idea at all that. Yes, I'm up for a few beers.

Let's do it! :gulp:

Waysouthsider
02-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey there our overseas cousin!

We just got our tiks for the Yankees series as well as for the opening week Twins series.....Whenever I get bummed out about our 6 hour trip to the southside, I always think of you.....! Hope we get to see ya'....

I know how excited you feel....we were psyched all day today.....! Woohoo.....

:D:

uksoxfan
02-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Hey Bri, not a bad idea at all that. Yes, I'm up for a few beers.

Let's do it! :gulp:
We'll keep in touch & work something out nearer the time.

GO SOX

Brian26
02-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Got a plain yellow envelope in the mail today with the Sox address stamped on the top left corner and a 49-cent bulk-rate stamp on the top right corner. Through the clear window on the envelope is a Ticketmaster ticket with my name printed on it, and behind that the tickets I ordered.

It still amazes me they ship tickets in this manner.

MarkZ35
02-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Got a plain yellow envelope in the mail today with the Sox address stamped on the top left corner and a 49-cent bulk-rate stamp on the top right corner. Through the clear window on the envelope is a Ticketmaster ticket with my name printed on it, and behind that the tickets I ordered.

It still amazes me they ship tickets in this manner.
I know right. You hear about mailmen (and women) snagging up netflix yet they pass on pricey sports tickets. What are they thinking?

Frontman
02-19-2010, 11:57 PM
I know right. You hear about mailmen (and women) snagging up netflix yet they pass on pricey sports tickets. What are they thinking?

Actually, I would also like to point out since Netflix uses glorified tissue paper to ship out DVD's in pre-paid "envelopes" just how many of those "envelopes" burst open just in the regular course of being handled.

Blockbuster actually uses real paper. Netflix I can't figure out if that's rice paper or just wax paper. I'm sure some carriers and mail handlers use that as an excuse to pocket the movies; but I don't know how many times I get the envelope handed to me with the "apology bag" already holding what is left of the envelope to be delivered.

One thing I always loved was how DHL handled shipping of MLB season ticket packages; yet in certain "rural" areas (like that WAY off the beaten path of Homer Glen) they don't deliver in that area so DHL hands the packages off to:

The United States Postal Service.

And then we wonder why DHL folded up shop last year. Go fig.

ewokpelts
02-20-2010, 02:14 AM

It still amazes me they ship tickets in this manner.the cubs ticket envelopes actually say tickets.com. and if they come directlyfrom the cubs ticket office, chicago cubs.

soxlady8
02-21-2010, 09:56 PM
got my tickets (beautifully packaged too ) for the Cubs Sox game on the 25th and 27th :)

Also , the Elvis tickets came too !! wooo hooooooo

just a wee bit disappointed we did not pick up Damon ! :happybday
Bex (Soxlady8) -- today is my special Day

NoNeckEra
02-22-2010, 04:15 PM

If you snag sports tickets, then the intended recipient will ask for, and get newly printed tix, making the "old" ones' barcodes non-functional, just as they would be if you electronically print out your tickets.

So "snagging" these isn't such a good idea, unless the person your selling them to isn't too smart. Which is also why I'm not a big fan of buying paper tickets from "scalpers" or even "normal folks" outside the park.