PDA

View Full Version : Sammy over Maggs?

Viva Magglio
06-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Mike North said that he believes we White Sox fans would rather have Sammy Sosa as our right field than Mágglio Ordóńez. I think he's crazy. What do you think?

FanOf14
06-14-2002, 12:17 PM
I am guessing he is on drugs. There is no way that I would want Soso and his oversized ego on this team.

Cheryl
06-14-2002, 12:29 PM
Mike North is an idiot. Why do you listen to him?

delben91
06-14-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I think he's crazy.

I think you're right.

ChiSoxBobette
06-14-2002, 12:40 PM
Mike North is a BONEHEAD , if it was'nt for the tribgoon p.r. dept or whoever shamee has to run his p.r. we would still be reading about him & his infamous family getting into and causing trouble. That stunt he pulled last year running around gigley field with the flag only go's to show he's got someone else thinking of this stuff , he's not smart enough to lockup his cash & valuables in a safe. As far as playing the greatest thing that ever happened was shamee getting traded to the flubs if he was still in the american league he'd be another outfielder that could'nt field and had trouble hitting a curve ball. He rides the coattails of 1st McGwire & now Bonds far as I'm concerned he's in neither one of those players class as a ballplayer (even though Bonds is a jerk)shamee says everything everyone wants to hear and he wears every boneheads favorite uniform. Win or lose the White Sox are still #1. Mike flappy North can go everyday to gigley and root for the flubs & thier peehole ballpark.
Go White Sox :angry:

Viva Magglio
06-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Mike North is an idiot. Why do you listen to him?

What else is on? And don't tell me Dan Patrick or Sporting News Radio because I don't need either telling me how the Colorado Rockies are doing. If I had my drothers, I would make a change in the Score's 12 to 4 timeslot.

Cheryl
06-14-2002, 12:45 PM
If there's nothing else on, turn the thing off.

Why is that so hard?

cheeses_h_rice
06-14-2002, 12:52 PM

What else is on? And don't tell me Dan Patrick or Sporting News Radio because I don't need either telling me how the Colorado Rockies are doing. If I had my drothers, I would make a change in the Score's 12 to 4 timeslot.

On my drive home (I'm going to today's game, so I left work early), I tune into the Score, and I hear Mike North introducing his next interview subject, "the Cubs' unofficial mascot"...................Ronnie Woo-Woo." I couldn't punch the buttons on my car radio quick enough. Tuned into AM1000 instead, and get to hear some spirited talk among Mac, Jurko and Harry. MUCH better.

Then, at home, I tuned back into the Score while AM1000 was on commercial break, and I hear Mike North interviewing Gail whatsherface from Fox Sports about the Sox Sleepover, and Mike is bashing the Sox for playing "The Natural" while the blowers of the cleanup crew were still going. Gee, I can just imagine the reaction we'd get if the Sox DIDN'T clean up the park afterward. Which will it be, Mike?

:ass

Comiskey was a complete pigsty the day after the Sleepover. What a disgrace!

FarmerAndy
06-14-2002, 12:55 PM

Listen to NPR or something, or maybe some music. If there's no good sports radio on in the afternoon, don't listen to sports radio in the afternoon.

I'd even listen to the Disney station over Mike North. Just hearing him talk is like fingers on a chalkboard.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-14-2002, 01:06 PM
Mike North said that he believes we White Sox fans would rather have Sammy Sosa as our right field than Mágglio Ordóńez. I think he's crazy. What do you think?

I'm pretty sure Mike North would distribute naked pictures of his wife if he thought it would bring his radio show an extra ratings point.

The man will say ANYTHING to draw attention to himself. Why is this so hard for you to figure out?

Given all his recent hijinks, I'm guessing his ratings are in the toilet. If more people would simply tune him out, the problem would solve itself.

bjmarte
06-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Lots of people thought he was crazy before this. This is just proof.

Kilroy
06-14-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I'm pretty sure Mike North would distribute naked pictures of his wife if he thought it would bring his radio show an extra ratings point.

I'll take some naked snaps of his wife. She ain't bad. What she's doing with an insufferable puke like North is anyone's guess...

wilburwood
06-14-2002, 03:06 PM
Any idiot who would make a statement like Sam-Me a self centered ballplayer who does squat in the clutch situations over a proven steady team player as Mags knows nothing of the game of baseball.......nuff-said

Soxboyrob
06-14-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by wilburwood
Any idiot who would make a statement like Sam-Me a self centered ballplayer who does squat in the clutch situations over a proven steady team player as Mags knows nothing of the game of baseball.......nuff-said

Although I hate to say it, self centered puke or not....Sosa's better than Maggs. Maggs is more of a team player, but I'll take Sosa's actual production over Maggs any day. Being a good team guy, to me, is what breaks a tie between two similar players. Maggs has a better arm and a better team-focused attitude, but not enough to warrant choosing his overall game over Sosa's. Maybe in a couple years when Maggs is peaking and Sosa is starting to lag a bit more.

Daver
06-14-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

Although I hate to say it, self centered puke or not....Sosa's better than Maggs. Maggs is more of a team player, but I'll take Sosa's actual production over Maggs any day. Being a good team guy, to me, is what breaks a tie between two similar players. Maggs has a better arm and a better team-focused attitude, but not enough to warrant choosing his overall game over Sosa's. Maybe in a couple years when Maggs is peaking and Sosa is starting to lag a bit more.

:crossdresser

Soxboyrob
06-14-2002, 04:33 PM
Hey, whatever. Give me the crossdresser every time I dare second guess the general consensus. I don't like Sosa. I just think he's good. Call me any name you want to, or better yet, explain to me how Maggs' attitude makes up for the 30+ HR's, 40 or so RBI's and 40 Runs scored more that Sosa produces for his team, while being surrounded by crap hitting.

RedPinStripes
06-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

The man will say ANYTHING to draw attention to himself. Why is this so hard for you to figure out?

Given all his recent hijinks, I'm guessing his ratings are in the toilet. If more people would simply tune him out, the problem would solve itself.

SnR Ratings will blow North away soon. :D:

Soxboyrob
06-14-2002, 04:54 PM
Maybe we ought to be arguing whether Paulie is better than Sosa? 2 clutch dingers...one off of Farnsworth. Nice.

Cheryl
06-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Hey, whatever. Give me the crossdresser every time I dare second guess the general consensus. I don't like Sosa. I just think he's good. Call me any name you want to, or better yet, explain to me how Maggs' attitude makes up for the 30+ HR's, 40 or so RBI's and 40 Runs scored more that Sosa produces for his team, while being surrounded by crap hitting.

Cause before today SamMe had 24 HRs and 44 RBIs. Mags has what? 11 HRs and 46 RBIs.

Now which one would you rather have on the team? Maybe the one with the higher RBI total?

guillen4life13
06-14-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

Cause before today SamMe had 24 HRs and 44 RBIs. Mags has what? 11 HRs and 46 RBIs.

Now which one would you rather have on the team? Maybe the one with the higher RBI total?

I dunno, i mean, i love the way sosa acts, and how he says everything just the way I like it.

:shammy
"we no gonna loose todai, a' we ha' to do is hi' a joran! if we loos, iss no prollem, becoz i steel hi' a joran!"

Pukester
06-14-2002, 06:01 PM

And that is where the flubbie blue you cheer for shines through,another lemming pretending to be a Sox fan while worshiping at the Altar of Sosa.

People like you make me sick.

You couldn't find a flubs site to spew this vomit on?

guillen4life13
06-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Pukester

And that is where the flubbie blue you cheer for shines through,another lemming pretending to be a Sox fan while worshiping at the Altar of Sosa.

cool off dude. these boards are meant for people to state what they think, and by saying what he said doesn't exactly mean he's a flubs fan. even the biggest die-hard fans have to admit that sosa is a far above average HITTER. i would still take ordonez, but hey just cool off man.

Garrison
06-14-2002, 06:36 PM

um.......are you on crack or any sort of illegal substance? Take any medications or other OTC products? How can any real Sox fan want to have Sosa over Maggs? :angry: That's just stupid, I cannot believe someone would say that here who wasn't a flub or maybe a former flub. Gimme a break. Shammee over Maggs? That's a knee-slapper. :D:

Soxboyrob
06-14-2002, 07:42 PM
When it comes to judging a player, I'm all about "creating runs." Let me toss the Maggs vs. Sosa debate aside for a sec...I want the players in my batting order to be the most productive hitters available. I tend to use the popular rating methods, i.e. OBP or OPS and mostly favor the less popular, but nonetheless quite valuable, RC/27 stat, which suggests how many runs a team might score if all nine of its hitters were the same person, i.e. 9 Sammys, 9 Konerkos, 9 Maggs, whatever. Leadership, defense, throwing arm, among other thing are all very valuable and important, but I tend to place them second below run production except in the case where you're comparing two different players w/ very similar run production....then, bring on the leadership, defense, intangibles arguments. Back to my Sosa vs. Maggs argument. Over the last 4 years, Sosa is a far better run creator. That's all there is to it. This year, different story. Maggs is keeping neck and neck w/ Sosa from a runs created standpoint.

Do I want Sammy and his insufferable act on the Sox? Not really. Do I want Sammy's usual run production over Maggs'? Oh yes, most definitely yes. What would be best would be to just put Maggs' brain into Sosa and have Sosa's hitting. Choosing Sosa's run production over Maggs is in no way an indictment of Maggs. Maggs is getting close to achieving greatness as an overall player. I love Maggs. Again, to me it's all about creating runs for my team.

Soxboyrob
06-14-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Pukester

Eeeeeek, the ol' accusation of being a closet Cub fan. That hurts. I wish you knew me so you could know how absolutely NOT TRUE that is.

I haven't found a Cubs site worth posting on, but if I do, I'll be sure to share my vomit with them on a regular basis.

guillen4life13
06-14-2002, 08:05 PM
When it comes to judging a player, I'm all about "creating runs." Let me toss the Maggs vs. Sosa debate aside for a sec...I want the players in my batting order to be the most productive hitters available. I tend to use the popular rating methods, i.e. OBP or OPS and mostly favor the less popular, but nonetheless quite valuable, RC/27 stat, which suggests how many runs a team might score if all nine of its hitters were the same person, i.e. 9 Sammys, 9 Konerkos, 9 Maggs, whatever. Leadership, defense, throwing arm, among other thing are all very valuable and important, but I tend to place them second below run production except in the case where you're comparing two different players w/ very similar run production....then, bring on the leadership, defense, intangibles arguments. Back to my Sosa vs. Maggs argument. Over the last 4 years, Sosa is a far better run creator. That's all there is to it. This year, different story. Maggs is keeping neck and neck w/ Sosa from a runs created standpoint.

Do I want Sammy and his insufferable act on the Sox? Not really. Do I want Sammy's usual run production over Maggs'? Oh yes, most definitely yes. What would be best would be to just put Maggs' brain into Sosa and have Sosa's hitting. Choosing Sosa's run production over Maggs is in no way an indictment of Maggs. Maggs is getting close to achieving greatness as an overall player. I love Maggs. Again, to me it's all about creating runs for my team.

that's something i agree with. face it: sosa had a 160 rbi season last year. maggs might have that in the future, but it aint happened yet. in the end i'd still take maggs over sosa just because at least maggs isn't stuck up, and he himself is a superstar. if ichiro didn't exist, maggs would prolly start the outfield this year in the all star game. sosa might not, considering he has to contend with berkman and bonds, neither of whom can play cf (bonds comes closest most likely). it's too early to say who will have the better all around career, but as of now i'm going to bet on maggs, because he's been very consistent throughout.

FarWestChicago
06-14-2002, 08:27 PM

Sosa's better than Maggs.You forgot to add:

"Ben Johnson was better than Carl Lewis, Lyle Alzado ruled and Big Poppa Pump is the man!!!"

Pukester
06-14-2002, 08:34 PM

Well I guess if Magglio was shooting as much Nandrolone as Sosa was he could put up better numbers,but since he chooses to play the game the way it is supposed to be played he is less of a ballplayer.

Exactly what section are your Wrigley season tickets in anyway?

I have nothing more to say to an obvious worshiper to the Altar of Sosa,just talking about makes me want to hurl.

RedPinStripes
06-14-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You forgot to add:

"Ben Johnson was better than Carl Lewis, Lyle Alzado ruled and Big Poppa Pump is the man!!!"

LOL! Big poppa pump!

http://www.bigpoppapump.com/01.jpg

"AND FOR ALL YOU FREKS OUT THERE..........BIG POPPA PUMP IS YOUR HOOK UP!!!!!!!!!!"

RedPinStripes
06-14-2002, 08:38 PM
He never did steroids!

guillen4life13
06-14-2002, 09:44 PM
:shammy
"i no wan dem to tes por steroids, beco' i ha' twenny injection las' mon'"

Maggliosfan09
06-14-2002, 11:14 PM
guys look at how long they've been playing SamMe's been playin quite a few more years than mags. Wait til mags has been playin a as long as SamMe and then talk. And besides SamMe is a jerk to the fans. Mags is nice and respects them. If u'd rather have SamMe, ur on the wrong side of town. Take a drive north

LongDistanceFan
06-14-2002, 11:32 PM
someone posted the last 4 yrs shamme started his hr production, i bet it was b/c of the roids.......

i dare him to take a blood test.......

Soxheads
06-14-2002, 11:45 PM
I nearly threw up when they had the "Beyond the Glory" ad where Baylor calls Sammy the Babe Ruth of his time.

LongDistanceFan
06-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
I nearly threw up when they had the "Beyond the Glory" ad where Baylor calls Sammy the Babe Ruth of his time. is that what baylor really said............ talking about licking some arse here........

HawkDJ
06-15-2002, 11:15 AM
One thing in this Maggs v Sammy debate is that Maggs is much younger than Sosa and has much better numbers than Sosa did when he was at Maggs age. Sosa started much earlier so his numbers will be higher so I'm going to do Stat/Games to make stats comparible.

Sosa (at age 28)
Games: 1088
AVG: .257
RBI/G: 0.59
R/G: 0.55
HR/G: 0.19
BB/G: 0.25
K/G: 0.94

Maggs (currently 28)
Games: 700
AVG: .303
RBI/G: 0.70
R/G: 0.61
HR/G: 0.17
BB/G: 0.33
K/G: 0.42

So basically Maggs is much better right now than Sosa was at 28. Its unfair to compare them now because who knows what kind of stats Maggs will put up at 33. But stats aren't everything, they don't include all the bad qualities of Sosa and the good qualities of Maggs. I think a more fair comparison is Sosa vs. Thomas. And yes, Thomas does win that easily.