PDA

View Full Version : Jacque Jones signs with, you guessed it, the Twins

DumpJerry
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/02/ex-cub-jacque-jones-returns-to-twins.html

Well, might as well hand The Commissioner's Trophy to them.

EMachine10
02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I was a little shocked to see he his age at 35, but I guess so now that I think about it.

jabrch
02-09-2010, 04:01 PM
They need another LH bat?

Seems like a courtesey to an old friend to me. I can't envision a scenario where he makes this club. He didn't play last year after sucking asstasticly in 2008.

I'd love to see him make the Thomes and get 400+ PAs. I'd really like to see him hit more against lefties. That was always fun. Ray Charles had a better chance calling out Volkswagens.

asindc
02-09-2010, 04:10 PM

Seems like a courtesey to an old friend to me. I can't envision a scenario where he makes this club. He didn't play last year after sucking asstasticly in 2008.

I'd love to see him make the Thomes and get 400+ PAs. I'd really like to see him hit more against lefties. That was always fun. Ray Charles had a better chance calling out Volkswagens.

I like it as well. I also hope he makes the team and takes ABs away from Kubel, Morneau, and Mauer, just like Thome will.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh crap.... What does the 2011 FA list look like? Kenny better step it up. :mad: (Please view mad smilie as it is in teal also. Thank you.)

I'm calling it now: Sox will be AT LEAST 5-10 games better than the Twins in 2010.

SephClone89
02-09-2010, 10:50 PM
*insert doom and gloom here*

Jim Shorts
02-10-2010, 09:41 AM

This entire post made me LOL....

Nice work.

TwinKess
02-10-2010, 09:41 AM
The consensus here in MN is that the Twins are doing this as a courtesy. If he has a fantastic spring training we can trade him for a low level prospect and it might jumpstart his career. If not, this is a minor league contract he has signed and he has agreed to go down and mentor the young guys.

jabrch
02-10-2010, 11:31 AM
The consensus here in MN is that the Twins are doing this as a courtesy. If he has a fantastic spring training we can trade him for a low level prospect and it might jumpstart his career. If not, this is a minor league contract he has signed and he has agreed to go down and mentor the young guys.

That makes sense. Every year guys get signed to minor league deals and invited to camp who have virtually no chance to make the MLB roster because...well...usually they suck.

Jaque Jones clearly fits in that category.

Oblong
02-10-2010, 12:26 PM
During his brief stint with the Tigers, one of the best lines I heard about him was "Jim Furyk thinks Jacque Jones has a bad swing."

Chez
02-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Seems like a courtesey to an old friend to me. I can't envision a scenario where he makes this club.

This is the exact same reaction I had to the Sox signing Pods after Spring Training last season. I guess you just never know.