PDA

View Full Version : Now it's time for baseball!

Viva Medias B's
02-07-2010, 10:32 PM
It is now time for the grounds crew at Sun Life Stadium to clean the confetti off the field and start laying down the infield dirt to prepare the stadium for the Florida Marlins. With the end of Super Bowl XLIV, as mlb.com says, it is time (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100207&content_id=8035336&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) to shift our attention to our American game, the game of baseball.

Rdy2PlayBall
02-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Kind of a transition. Hockey and basketball will get most of the attention for about a day and a half. THEN baseball. :cool:
I really CANNOT WAIT for the season to start. I hated the weather opening day last season and said I'd never go again if it's cold... I'm sad to say I REALLY want to go opening day! :redneck

DSpivack
02-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Pitchers and catchers report in, what, 11 days?

GoGoCrede
02-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Pitchers and catchers report in, what, 11 days?

14! :bandance::bandance::bandance: It's almost time for the New Year.

Rdy2PlayBall
02-07-2010, 11:02 PM
14! :bandance::bandance::bandance: It's almost time for the New Year.They should just change New Years day to the day pitchers and catchers report. :tongue:

GoGoCrede
02-07-2010, 11:06 PM
They should just change New Years day to the day pitchers and catchers report. :tongue:

Oh, I was referring to Opening Day. Pitchers and Catchers reporting is more like New Year's Eve.

Rdy2PlayBall
02-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Oh, I was referring to Opening Day. Pitchers and Catchers reporting is more like New Year's Eve.Oh yes... that's much better. :redneck Too bad it's suck a long New Years ever. :(:

SephClone89
02-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I just got some more cheap tickets on Ebay, too! I'll get done with school on May 4th and then head back up to Chicagoland. I'm going to the games on both the 5th and 6th, in the lower deck for less than half price for both!:bandance: StubHub and Ebay are amazing.

RadioheadRocks
02-08-2010, 02:25 AM
What's the over/under on what date Brett Favre will try to hijack the season with his "will he or won't he retire" crap???

LITTLE NELL
02-08-2010, 06:22 AM
It is now time for the grounds crew at Sun Life Stadium to clean the confetti off the field and start laying down the infield dirt to prepare the stadium for the Florida Marlins. With the end of Super Bowl XLIV, as mlb.com says, it is time (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100207&content_id=8035336&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) to shift our attention to our American game, the game of baseball.

Music to my ears!!!

However would not mind seeing a Stanley Cup parade in Chicago a few months from now.

Huisj
02-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Baseball is by far the sport I follow most. After that, College Basketball is huge for me, so I always kind of feel like the end of football is a breath of fresh air for me. Conference races heat up, tournament talk gets serious, and then in the middle of that spring training comes along. Then there's the 3 whirlwind weeks of the tournament, and just as that ends, it gets handed off to baseball.

Medford Bobby
02-08-2010, 03:15 PM
For me the arrival of NASCAR is a sure sign that spring is almost here and spring training is now just around corner too...:bandance:

aryzner
02-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Damn right.

Bring on baseball. I love the Sox a TON more than I love the Bears and I love baseball a TON more than I love football, that's for sure.

:D:

ChiSoxGirl
02-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Damn right.

Bring on baseball. I love the Sox a TON more than I love the Bears and I love baseball a TON more than I love football, that's for sure.

:D:

This comment reeks of excellence! :thumbsup:

Check out my Facebook status, which I posted yesterday afternoon and is still up: "Today is one of the greatest days of the year for baseball fans. Why, you ask? Well, because it's Super Bowl Sunday, which means that by the time I go to sleep tonight, the football season will be in the rear view mirror and pitchers & catchers reporting is just around the corner! :D:"

DonnieDarko
02-09-2010, 11:05 AM
For the first time since, oh, 2006, I'm eagerly awaiting Spring Training. It can't get here soon enough.

g0g0
02-09-2010, 11:15 AM
damn right.

Bring on baseball. I love the sox a ton more than i love the bears and i love baseball a ton more than i love football, that's for sure.

:d:

+1