PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Announce 2010 Broadcast Schedule

soxnut1018
02-02-2010, 11:42 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20100202&content_id=8011644&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

GoGoCrede
02-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Ah yes, the the return of the ever-popular WCIU. I'm lucky enough to live in the city, but it's always amusing to see the :angry: faces on here when it's a WCIU game.

It's good to see Cubs-Sox will be on the weekends again.

twinsuck
02-03-2010, 12:17 AM
CSN+ is CLTV right? I don't get CLTV anymore. :(: That sucks.

oeo
02-03-2010, 12:27 AM

CSN+ is dependent on your cable provider. Some have their own channel, Comcast had it on CLTV before they took it off their lineup. I'd think there would be a channel for it by the time it's actually needed.

JermaineDye05
02-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Here's to hoping that we don't have to deal with any day game blackouts this year...

:gulp::gulp::gulp:

Although we always seem to have at least 1-2 a year.

ChiSoxGirl
02-03-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm not quite sure how I missed this, but I'm rather surprised to see a night game against the Cubs at our ballpark. I know we've had a smattering of them over the last several years, but most have been on Sundays for the ESPN Game of the Week. That just caught my eye as I looked over the broadcast schedule.

DumpJerry
02-03-2010, 07:06 AM
No worries. On Directv, CSN+ is the channel next to CSN. That is probably the situation with your provider.

anewman35
02-03-2010, 07:42 AM
If you look at the schedule, 7/24 against Oakland is no tv. I think it must be the same problem we ran into (I think) last year - Oakland schedules games against the Fox window, but Fox doesn't want to carry it, so it can't be aired anywhere. Stupid Oakland.

Viva Medias B's
02-03-2010, 07:48 AM
I notice that the Saturday home game against the Cubs on 6/26 is at 6:10 p.m. and on Fox. Is Fox doing Saturday night games? It cannot be due to a NASCAR race on Fox that day because Fox's portion of the NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule ends with the Coca-Cola 600 on May 30.

ewokpelts
02-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Here's to hoping that we don't have to deal with any day game blackouts this year...

:gulp::gulp::gulp:

Although we always seem to have at least 1-2 a year.the saturday 7/24 oakland game is blacked out

illini81887
02-03-2010, 08:03 AM
I notice that the Saturday home game against the Cubs on 6/26 is at 6:10 p.m. and on Fox. Is Fox doing Saturday night games? It cannot be due to a NASCAR race on Fox that day because Fox's portion of the NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule ends with the Coca-Cola 600 on May 30.
FOX wants to do a couple primetime games to help ratings

g0g0
02-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Crap. So I get a total of 35 games on air at most this year. Back to Gameday audio for me...

Tragg
02-03-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm not quite sure how I missed this, but I'm rather surprised to see a night game against the Cubs at our ballpark. I know we've had a smattering of them over the last several years, but most have been on Sundays for the ESPN Game of the Week. That just caught my eye as I looked over the broadcast schedule.
I don't live in Chicago, but that always seemed outrageous to me that we didn't. This "We don't want too many rowdy fans and too much trouble" excuse rang hollow when night games were common in WRigley field in that series.
The Cubs are the day game team, yet the games at their park were at night and the Sox had to bow to their traditions in the Cell.
Good riddance to day games in the series at the Cell.

SephClone89
02-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Here at ISU we don't get CSN+ or WCIU, so I hate when games are on there in April, late August and September. (though September won't matter for me this season because I'll be in England *fingers grossed)

jmeneghini1433
02-03-2010, 09:18 AM
the saturday 7/24 oakland game is blacked out
I believe there was a game blacked out in 2009 in Oakland as well.

Hitmen77
02-03-2010, 09:30 AM
CSN+ is dependent on your cable provider. Some have their own channel, Comcast had it on CLTV before they took it off their lineup. I'd think there would be a channel for it by the time it's actually needed.

:scratch: CLTV is still on Comcast's lineup.

For Comcast HD viewers, CSN+ HD is on a separate channel from CLTV (Channel 285 in my area).

VenturaFan23
02-03-2010, 09:34 AM
FOX wants to do a couple primetime games to help ratings

Well that's just great. Does this mean all those Saturday night games will be blacked out because of FOX? As an Extra Innings subscriber, that would really piss me off.

Hitmen77
02-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Ah yes, the the return of the ever-popular WCIU. I'm lucky enough to live in the city, but it's always amusing to see the :angry: faces on here when it's a WCIU game.

Before I got HD, the biggest problem I had with games on WCIU was that the picture quality for Sox games was terrible. On HD, this wasn't a problem last year.

The other thing I hate about WCIU games is that they seem to abruptly cut away from Sox coverage once the game is over. No post game wrap up like we see on WGN and (of course) CSN. I'm not expecting an entire post-game show, but the way they cut the sports coverage so soon after the last out is a bit much. Do they really need to broadcast that last 10 minutes of a TV rerun "already in progress"?

SephClone89
02-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Before I got HD, the biggest problem I had with games on WCIU was that the picture quality for Sox games was terrible. On HD, this wasn't a problem last year.

The other thing I hate about WCIU games is that they seem to abruptly cut away from Sox coverage once the game is over. No post game wrap up like we see on WGN and (of course) CSN. I'm not expecting an entire post-game show, but the way they cut the sports coverage so soon after the last out is a bit much. Do they really need to broadcast that last 10 minutes of a TV rerun "already in progress"?

I have DirecTV and we still don't get WCIU in HD.

VenturaFan23
02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I have DirecTV and we still don't get WCIU in HD.

Same here, it's terrible quality. Hopefully there's no return of the "green blob".

JohnnyInnsbrook
02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Are there no ESPN Sox games this year? Or does that get announced later?

ewokpelts
02-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Are there no ESPN Sox games this year? Or does that get announced later?espn can take games in the 2nd half. it appears they already booked thier first half games.

twinsuck
02-03-2010, 02:41 PM

For Comcast HD viewers, CSN+ HD is on a separate channel from CLTV (Channel 285 in my area).
I have Comcast and they took CLTV off expanded basic, which I have, late last year. It's now only on their digital cable.

ChiSoxGirl
02-03-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't live in Chicago, but that always seemed outrageous to me that we didn't. This "We don't want too many rowdy fans and too much trouble" excuse rang hollow when night games were common in WRigley field in that series.
The Cubs are the day game team, yet the games at their park were at night and the Sox had to bow to their traditions in the Cell.
Good riddance to day games in the series at the Cell.

Oh, I agree with you completely! I have a classic Sox/Cubs night game memory dating back to 2001, I believe. It was a Friday night, the game went extras, and Carlos Lee was at the plate. You know the rest.

And as far as the rowdy fans go, I've been to my share of Sox/Cubs games (though not in the last two years) and let me tell you, afternoon start times do not prevent the ballpark from becoming a giant tool shed. Both sets of fans participate in their share of idiocy, regardless if the game starts at 12:05p, 1:05, or 6:05p.

oeo
02-03-2010, 08:39 PM

Not their basic cable lineup. It was taken off.

Stoky44
02-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Not their basic cable lineup. It was taken off.

I have Comcast and they took CLTV off expanded basic, which I have, late last year. It's now only on their digital cable.

Any reason why they did this? I bet we, those with expanded basic get screwed with not getting CSN+ next year.

EDIT: found my answer:
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=339076

MARTINMVP
02-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I thought MLB Network had Saturday night games as well. I wonder if on the weeks when Fox has a Saturday night game, MLB Network probably won't have a game schedule.

I will also assume that if Fox has a Saturday night game, there will be a blackout. Yes, FOX does make the entire baseball experience worse.

DSpivack
02-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Well that's just great. Does this mean all those Saturday night games will be blacked out because of FOX? As an Extra Innings subscriber, that would really piss me off.

I thought MLB Network had Saturday night games as well. I wonder if on the weeks when Fox has a Saturday night game, MLB Network probably won't have a game schedule.

I will also assume that if Fox has a Saturday night game, there will be a blackout. Yes, FOX does make the entire baseball experience worse.

I'm pretty sure this is no longer the case.

JermaineDye05
02-03-2010, 11:50 PM
the saturday 7/24 oakland game is blacked out

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

^^^^
This will be doubled if it's a game that Peavy is pitching.

VenturaFan23
02-04-2010, 05:52 AM
I'm pretty sure this is no longer the case.

Not that I'm doubting you, but how do you know? Was there a statement by FOX or MLB concerning this?

ewokpelts
02-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Fox Press Release:

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom//binary/2010/02/03/MLB1265228749414.pdf

cnw8052
02-08-2010, 02:00 AM
I'm not sure why it's amusing to you, but I know it makes my blood boil when the games are on WCIU.

The game should be available by another means for those of us that can't get WCIU, but are close enough to Chicago to be considered in it's home market.

It's good to see Cubs-Sox will be on the weekends again.

GoGoCrede
02-08-2010, 02:03 AM
I'm not sure why it's amusing to you, but I know it makes my blood boil when the games are on WCIU.

The game should be available by another means for those of us that can't get WCIU, but are close enough to Chicago to be considered in it's home market.

I mean, I know I'd be very annoyed if I didn't get certain channels and couldn't see the Sox, but I just think the collective freakouts are amusing. Kind of like when we're playing the Twins in the Dome and losing badly. The game itself might suck, but the gamethread is a barrel of laughs.

And anyway, when I'm with my parents in Texas I don't get very many Sox games at all, so I feel others' pain.

cnw8052
02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Gotcha. That makes sense.