PDA

View Full Version : 2010 White Sox Games Promotions Schedule

yazz32
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Looks like it was added on the schedule via asterisk "*" but no full list released yet.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=4&y=2010

ewokpelts
02-01-2010, 11:56 AM
weak...only 2 confirmed giveaways this year(not counting the standard calanders and magnet schedules)

asindc
02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
For those of us who were waiting for the full printable color-coded schedule with times listed, that is also now available.

Soxfan 78
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Let's hope this list is just tentative, otherwise the term weak would be a major understatement. I was really hoping for a couple bobblehead days this year and man was I let down to see that there is only one listed and it is a miller light beer vendor again!!!!! I know they lost some sponsorship the last couple years but c'mon, it's more like a lack of promotions schedule.:(:

salty99
02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah alot of these look the same as last year, maybe this isn't the real promotional schedule.

34 Inch Stick
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Let's hope this list is just tentative, otherwise the term weak would be a major understatement. I was really hoping for a couple bobblehead days this year and man was I let down to see that there is only one listed and it is a miller light beer vendor again!!!!! I know they lost some sponsorship the last couple years but c'mon, it's more like a lack of promotions schedule.:(:

I've always thought this spoke volumes about the PR department. Minor league teams have plenty of give aways as do the other teams in this town.

Harry Potter
02-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Somebody email Brooks

WhiffleBall
02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
:scratch:

Friday May 7th
African American Greek Night

russ99
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Sweet!

I gotta pick out my games for single-game presale next week.

dickallen15
02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Do people really choose the games they go to based on the mostly junk giveaways?

doublem23
02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Our promotions are easily the ****tiest in Major League baseball.

yazz32
02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Here's more detailed list of promotions.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws

hi im skot
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM

Yep. Downright embarrassing.

GoGoCrede
02-01-2010, 03:49 PM

What are some of the better promotions around the league that are out there? I'm genuinely curious. Why are ours so bad?

Soxfan 78
02-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Do people really choose the games they go to based on the mostly junk giveaways?

Speaking for myself no, I buy tickets based on what fits my schedule and budget...But I do collect Sox bobbleheads, so I enjoy when they have a bobblehead day or two a season.

Streets
02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
What are some of the better promotions around the league that are out there? I'm genuinely curious. Why are ours so bad?

I know the Reds are doing a "4-pack" hat giveaway of 4 different hats from their history at 4 games during the season. They even had a ticket package to those games which are sold out.

Pretty cool, I always collect the hats I've received at games, I may never wear them outside of that game but it's nice to collect.

havelj
02-01-2010, 05:13 PM
How does that work and when do they go on sale?

hi im skot
02-01-2010, 05:15 PM
I know the Reds are doing a "4-pack" hat giveaway of 4 different hats from their history at 4 games during the season. They even had a ticket package to those games which are sold out.

Pretty cool, I always collect the hats I've received at games, I may never wear them outside of that game but it's nice to collect.

The Brewers and Indians do some pretty solid promotions.

mrfourni
02-01-2010, 05:16 PM

Friday May 7th
African American Greek Night

I'm guessing that's for African American Fraternity/Sorority's

ewokpelts
02-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Friday May 7th
African American Greek Nightthink lambda lambda lambda

ewokpelts
02-01-2010, 05:31 PM
ten bucks the cubs have 25-30 gveaway nights this year. and the crap they give out will be somewhat interesting.

raven1
02-01-2010, 05:34 PM

Check out the Brewers promotions on their web site - lots of all-fan giveaways (everyone gets one, not just first 10,000), lots of bobblehead giveaways, etc. All that, plus a newer stadium and much lower ticket prices. If it weren't so far away I would go there more often.

Why are the Reds & Brewers promo, prices, etc. so much better? They're small market teams that need to do those types of things to draw fans. It works - the Brewers averaged over 30,000 a game last year.

yazz32
02-01-2010, 05:37 PM
The Mariners promotions are also not bad either. Seems alot geared around Griffey this year.

bridgeportcopper
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
ten bucks the cubs have 25-30 gveaway nights this year. and the crap they give out will be somewhat interesting.
C'mon people let's not complain about giveaways. And as far as the Cubs are concerned I've worked games on their giveaway nights, and yeah they may sound great, "Ernie Banks signed jersey night" or "Ron Santo autographed baseball day" but those are gamecards you get at the gate and there will be like 100 winners out of the 40,000 in the crowd. The Sox do pretty much the same thing with those win-a-jersey wednesdays etc, that they don't even advertise. Do you think they have any half-price Mondays, Heritage nights or Police-Fire nights at Wrigley? The Sox do so much more for their fans than the Cubs do.

DumpJerry
02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Cubs' ticket prices are about 33% higher than comparable tickets at Sox games. The Bleachers this coming season up there will be $60.50.:o:

Where the Sox have three tiers of games for pricing purposes, the Cubs, I read somewhere, have four tiers of games.

When they rake in that kind of cha ching in ticket revenue given the number they sell at a higher price, they can afford more promotional stuff.

TomBradley72
02-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Have the White Sox simply stopped trying?

They used to be among the most creative "promotion" franchises...this year's list is pathetic...Half Way to St Pats Day, Mullett Night, Elvis Night are getting incredibly stale. Whatever happened to hat day? helmet day? bobbleheads? Miller Park/Brewers are lapping the Sox in this regard.

Their "marketing" in mediocre as well...last year's TV ads with Hawk doing a voiceover of video panning Sox park...was amateurish at best. Their print ads are nondescript...no innovation...no creativity.

I don't get it. Brooks got off to a great start...but for the last few years...very weak.

asindc
02-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm guessing that's for African American Fraternity/Sorority's

It is.

doublem23
02-01-2010, 06:41 PM
C'mon people let's not complain about giveaways. And as far as the Cubs are concerned I've worked games on their giveaway nights, and yeah they may sound great, "Ernie Banks signed jersey night" or "Ron Santo autographed baseball day" but those are gamecards you get at the gate and there will be like 100 winners out of the 40,000 in the crowd. The Sox do pretty much the same thing with those win-a-jersey wednesdays etc, that they don't even advertise. Do you think they have any half-price Mondays, Heritage nights or Police-Fire nights at Wrigley? The Sox do so much more for their fans than the Cubs do.

The Cubs do more than just the 1/4000 chance at an Ernie Banks jersey. And I would much rather have some SWAG over the stupid Heritage nights. Cool, I can listen to Latin music. :dunno:

The only day I like is 1/2-way to St. Patrick's Day. Green beer!

SOXfnNlansing
02-01-2010, 07:01 PM
I would rather go to a game almost every weekend and see a first rate fireworks show, than go home with some crummy hat with some company's logo on the side of it.

Having a younger child, I can't wait to go to every kid's day, with he and his friend getting in for a buck a piece.

Fireworks>bobble heads imo. Someone can buy a bobblehead, but a good fireworks show after a warm evening is priceless.

ewokpelts
02-01-2010, 07:05 PM
i'm talking about the sponsored giveaways, not the scratch off cards. i got a free shirt on a tuesday DAY game. in april.

MarkZ35
02-01-2010, 07:45 PM
That's brutal, I was at least hopeing for a Nancy Faust bobblehead. Another sucky year of promotions. No sponsors my ass.

GoGoCrede
02-01-2010, 08:00 PM
The Cubs do more than just the 1/4000 chance at an Ernie Banks jersey. And I would much rather have some SWAG over the stupid Heritage nights. Cool, I can listen to Latin music. :dunno:

The only day I like is 1/2-way to St. Patrick's Day. Green beer!

I resemble that remark. :cool::smile:

I liked the Mark Buehrle/appreciation series they had. Although if he hadn't pitched the PG, we'd never have had it. Halfway to St Patrick's Day was fun with the Irish band singing "South Side Irish."

Jason82807
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Cubs' ticket prices are about 33% higher than comparable tickets at Sox games. The Bleachers this coming season up there will be $60.50.:o:

Where the Sox have three tiers of games for pricing purposes, the Cubs, I read somewhere, have four tiers of games.

When they rake in that kind of cha ching in ticket revenue given the number they sell at a higher price, they can afford more promotional stuff.

The Sox are back to having 4 tiers of games. The Cubs@Sox games are once again their own tier

GoGoCrede
02-01-2010, 08:05 PM

Can't they just save themselves some money and go to a real bar?

doublem23
02-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I resemble that remark. :cool::smile:

I liked the Mark Buehrle/appreciation series they had. Although if he hadn't pitched the PG, we'd never have had it. Halfway to St Patrick's Day was fun with the Irish band singing "South Side Irish."

Hey, I'm Hispanic and I think all the heritage nights are kind of cheesy. Some of the coolest Sox memorabilia I have were giveaways at games, a bat from Bat day in 1995, green hat from 1/2 way to St. Pats Day, Magglio Ordonez bobblehead from 2003, I think, and the blow up of the SI cover after Buehrle's perfect game.

Can't they just save themselves some money and go to a real bar?

Real bars don't have live baseball. :cool:

GoGoCrede
02-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Hey, I'm Hispanic and I think all the heritage nights are kind of cheesy. Some of the coolest Sox memorabilia I have were giveaways at games, a bat from Bat day in 1995, green hat from 1/2 way to St. Pats Day, Magglio Ordonez bobblehead from 2003, I think, and the blow up of the SI cover after Buehrle's perfect game.

Real bars don't have live baseball. :cool:

Imagine if they did. Wrigley would be empty, kind of like it is in October.

MarkZ35
02-01-2010, 09:10 PM
imagine if they did. Wrigley would be empty, kind of like it is in october.
bbbuuurrrnnn

chisoxfanatic
02-01-2010, 09:16 PM
One of the promotions will be urinal bobbleheads...

ChiSoxGirl
02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Um, are they serious with these?!?! The only ones I really want are the magnetic schedule and calendar, both of which I get every year. What happened to all those bobblehead doll giveaways that used to be so popular?! :scratch:

BubblingCalderon
02-01-2010, 09:58 PM
.When they rake in that kind of cha ching in ticket revenue given the number they sell at a higher price, they can afford more promotional stuff.

As we established in last years promotion thread, the Sox don't pay for promotions the sponsor does.

Also, If you remember last summer many area municipalities cut their 4th of July fireworks from their budget because they cost so much. Giving away Bobbleheads wouldn't drastically change the cost the sponsor gives It may even be cheaper. I've seen custom Bobblehead quotes under $3 a piece for orders over 20,000. I haven't been able to figure out the cost of fireworks displays at Sox games but I wouldn't be surprised if they were comparable to the cost of a bobblehead giveaway.

Standing Ovation
02-02-2010, 09:16 AM
As we established in last years promotion thread, the Sox don't pay for promotions the sponsor does.

Also, If you remember last summer many area municipalities cut their 4th of July fireworks from their budget because they cost so much. Giving away Bobbleheads wouldn't drastically change the cost the sponsor gives It may even be cheaper. I've seen custom Bobblehead quotes under $3 a piece for orders over 20,000. I haven't been able to figure out the cost of fireworks displays at Sox games but I wouldn't be surprised if they were comparable to the cost of a bobblehead giveaway.

I believe I read somewhere that the cost of a town's 4th of July display (a decent one), costs in the ballpark of 25k. That just includes the price of the pyrotechnics, not the extra police/crowd control measures.

If you contract a company to run the displays for the entire season, I'd venture to guess you could get that cost to roughly 15k-20k per show.

With that said, it's clear that the cost of fireworks are condiserably less than the cost of bobbleheads or most promos. Think about it, can anyone remember what company sponsored the last show they went to? Heck no. But, I do see "Miller Lite" Sox hats all the time and I've got a few "Pepsi" bobbleheads on my desk now. If all costs are equal, I think most companies would choose the items.

ewokpelts
02-02-2010, 09:29 AM
when johnny mccub(mcdonough) was in charge of marketing of teh cubs, he said that the "giveaways" cost the same to THEM(being the cubs) as it would giving out 40k scratch off cards(for a autograph prize or merchandise), hence why they went full tilt on scratch off cards the last few years.

my take? the sox are being cheap. they CAN have these items, but choose not too. sure, there may be a lack of sponsors, but if they dont pitch the items to the companies, then it wont happen.

Cat Thief
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Pot calling the kettle black.

beasly213
02-02-2010, 01:54 PM
when johnny mccub(mcdonough) was in charge of marketing of teh cubs, he said that the "giveaways" cost the same to THEM(being the cubs) as it would giving out 40k scratch off cards(for a autograph prize or merchandise), hence why they went full tilt on scratch off cards the last few years.

my take? the sox are being cheap. they CAN have these items, but choose not too. sure, there may be a lack of sponsors, but if they dont pitch the items to the companies, then it wont happen.

My take is the Sox did the research and found the amount it costs to do these giveaways doesn't equal enough extra ticket sales to make it worth wild.

They are a business and I'm sure it was a business decision. Yes the Sox don't have a bunch of giveaways with stuff you're going to toss in your closet and never use anyway (Ugly hats, tote bags, etc) but they have a TON of promotions for discounted tickets throughout the year.

I would take those over some give away any day.

jmeneghini1433
02-02-2010, 02:00 PM
No car flags on opening day? That was easily the Sox best giveaway the past few years.

ewokpelts
02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Pot calling the kettle black.what are you even talking about?

Rdy2PlayBall
02-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Yah.... but the Sox seem to do a lot of random bags and posters days that aren't on that list until it's almost time for that game... At least last year they seemed to.

twentywontowin
02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I didn't realize getting a $2 hat with a Pepsi logo was such a life changing deal for some people. I thought you were going to a baseball game?

ewokpelts
02-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Yah.... but the Sox seem to do a lot of random bags and posters days that aren't on that list until it's almost time for that game... At least last year they seemed to.the key to the sox success is advance ticket sales. when you have a bad promo slate, sales suffer.

bobbleheads are a big draw for collectors, who sometimes buy a ticket just for the bobble. the game is the bonus for them.

Jason82807
02-03-2010, 11:24 AM
bobbleheads are a big draw for collectors, who sometimes buy a ticket just for the bobble. the game is the bonus for them.

Very true. I saw some guy on Craigslist giving away free SRO tickets to tonight's Hawks game as long as you give him your bobblehead at the gate.

Soxfan 78
02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
the key to the sox success is advance ticket sales. when you have a bad promo slate, sales suffer.

I agree with that. I buy tickets that fit my schedule but if I see a bobblehead day I adjust my schedule fit that game in..lol. If you want to see how popular the giveaway bobbles are, just track a few of them on ebay, they sell like crazy.

BubblingCalderon
02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
My take is the Sox did the research and found the amount it costs to do these giveaways doesn't equal enough extra ticket sales to make it worth wild.

They are a business and I'm sure it was a business decision. Yes the Sox don't have a bunch of giveaways with stuff you're going to toss in your closet and never use anyway (Ugly hats, tote bags, etc) but they have a TON of promotions for discounted tickets throughout the year.

I would take those over some give away any day.

I think this statement is slightly true. They probably looked at their ticket sales and determined Bobblehead games don't bring out more fans. The problem is their data is flawed.

I believe the execution of these giveaways are horrible. For example Nick Swisher was the last player Bobblehead giveaway. Yes people go to games just to get bobbleheads but when you give the Bobblehead away during a premier priced game its moronic. First off why would you spend 40 dollars for upperdeck tickets to see the Sox play in front of a bunch of Boston fans. Why when you can go on ebay and buy that same bobblehead for 15 bucks and go see the sox play the Twins the following weekend for 20.

Also, collectors aren't the only ones looking for bobbleheads. Kids like them. Back to the Boston game, why would you spend $40 a ticket to bring your family to the game for the chance to get a bobblehead seeing as they only give them to the 1st 20k fans. If your running late your out of luck. In Milwaukee you can buy tickets as low as $10 and every fan gets a bobblehead. Because everyone gets a Bobblehead they sell out, They even sold out a Doug Melvin (Brewers GM) Bobblehead game late September last season when they were out of the race.

$40 everyone gets a bobblehead or $160 and you might get a bobblehead.

How can I get the job of setting up the Sox Promotions. Looks to be the easiest job ever Just cut and paste the previous season promotions into the new schedule. Give away a green hat, a pink hat and have like 17 fireworks nights.

ewokpelts
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Very true. I saw some guy on Craigslist giving away free SRO tickets to tonight's Hawks game as long as you give him your bobblehead at the gate.good deal.....as hawks SRO tix go for quite a bit now

ewokpelts
02-03-2010, 12:21 PM
I think this statement is slightly true. They probably looked at their ticket sales and determined Bobblehead games don't bring out more fans. The problem is their data is flawed.

I believe the execution of these giveaways are horrible. For example Nick Swisher was the last player Bobblehead giveaway. Yes people go to games just to get bobbleheads but when you give the Bobblehead away during a premier priced game its moronic. First off why would you spend 40 dollars for upperdeck tickets to see the Sox play in front of a bunch of Boston fans. Why when you can go on ebay and buy that same bobblehead for 15 bucks and go see the sox play the Twins the following weekend for 20.

Also, collectors aren't the only ones looking for bobbleheads. Kids like them. Back to the Boston game, why would you spend $40 a ticket to bring your family to the game for the chance to get a bobblehead seeing as they only give them to the 1st 20k fans. If your running late your out of luck. In Milwaukee you can buy tickets as low as $10 and every fan gets a bobblehead. Because everyone gets a Bobblehead they sell out, They even sold out a Doug Melvin (Brewers GM) Bobblehead game late September last season when they were out of the race.

$40 everyone gets a bobblehead or $160 and you might get a bobblehead.

How can I get the job of setting up the Sox Promotions. Looks to be the easiest job ever Just cut and paste the previous season promotions into the new schedule. Give away a green hat, a pink hat and have like 17 fireworks nights.exactly. you hav ebobblehead nights against baltimore or on a weeknight. then you'll see the crowd surge.

twentywontowin
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
For example Nick Swisher was the last player Bobblehead giveaway.

Edited for being dumb.

ewokpelts
02-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Jim Thome bobblehead day in September 2007 came after Swisher. It was the same day he hit his 500th home run.swishers was in 2008. thome was in 2007.

twentywontowin
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
swishers was in 2008. thome was in 2007.

Yeah, I'm getting old. Then again, it's easy to forget we had Swisher.

yazz32
02-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Please don't tell me that for the Aug 14th game, the Sox plan to pass out the same Miller Lite Beer Vendor Bobblehead from last year to save costs...

ewokpelts
02-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Please don't tell me that for the Aug 14th game, the Sox plan to pass out the same Miller Lite Beer Vendor Bobblehead from last year to save costs...wouldnt suprise me.

HomeFish
02-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I loved bat day as a kid. I don't understand how it was ever profitable for them, but I have a substantial collection of those bats now.

My dad still wears a Sox hat he got at a giveaway in 2000. It has the logo of some dotcom that went bust around the same time Parque's arm did.

Soxfan 78
02-23-2010, 04:24 PM
The promotions schedule has been updated.
8/29-Frank Thomas Day will now also have a Frank Thomas Bobblehead
9/18- Nancy Faust Fest w/ Nancy Faust Bobblehead
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

Cat Thief
02-23-2010, 04:40 PM

That is the first bobblehead I have ever wanted.

hi im skot
02-23-2010, 04:44 PM

:putitontheboard

Law11
02-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Father Daughter Day June 6th.. A description of what that actually means would be nice.

And i dont get why they are retiring Franks number vs the Yankees when the place will already be packed. If its all about the gate pick a weekend game vs KC..It would draw people in. But thats for another thread..

SephClone89
02-23-2010, 05:11 PM
And i dont get why they are retiring Franks number vs the Yankees when the place will already be packed. If its all about the gate pick a weekend game vs KC..It would draw people in. But thats for another thread..

Indeed it is. This one, in fact:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118172

BadBobbyJenks
02-23-2010, 05:12 PM
There better be a Beckham bobblehead this year.

grenda12
02-23-2010, 05:17 PM

+1

:bliss: :wooty:

MarkZ35
02-23-2010, 08:43 PM
I can't believe this. This is very shocking.

eastchicagosoxfan
02-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Is there a Polish heritage night?

MarkZ35
02-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Is there a Polish heritage night?
July 6th

ewokpelts
02-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Father Daughter Day June 6th.. A description of what that actually means would be nice.

The Chicago White Sox have dedicated Sunday, June 6 as Father - Daughter Day. On this special day, all fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, father-figures, and their daughters are invited to enjoy a night at the ballpark and watch
the White Sox in action. In addition to specially-priced tickets, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy various activities
at Gate 1 before walking around the field together in our Pre-Game Parade! Be sure to check our
promotional schedule closer to the game for more details at whitesox.com.

email me for the order form.

there's also tshirts for that game if you buy through the order form.

beasly213
02-25-2010, 05:01 PM
First 10,000 fans? I'll have to get there extra early for that game! :gulp:

sox1970
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws

Hawk Harrelson Night? Really?

jabrch
03-29-2010, 03:19 PM
3 Bobbleheads - is that about normal for the Sox?

ewokpelts
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
3 Bobbleheads - is that about normal for the Sox?no. usually we get NONE.

salty99
03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
no. usually we get NONE.

Last year we had Miller Lite guy, and 2 years ago was Swisher. So maybe 2007 was the last time there were none.

Brian26
04-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Last year we had Miller Lite guy, and 2 years ago was Swisher. So maybe 2007 was the last time there were none.

2007 had two bobbleheads: Ozzie and Thome (given out on the day of his 500th).

2006 was the last year with no bobbles. There were none in 2005.

In 2004, Esteban Loaiza was given out after he was traded to NYY.

salty99
04-02-2010, 02:09 PM
2007 had two bobbleheads: Ozzie and Thome (given out on the day of his 500th).

2006 was the last year with no bobbles. There were none in 2005.

In 2004, Esteban Loaiza was given out after he was traded to NYY.

2003 was Magglio, so in other words the Sox have done quite a few.

Brian26
04-02-2010, 02:30 PM
2003 was Magglio, so in other words the Sox have done quite a few.

2003 was Konerko and also Hawk & DJ. I could be wrong, but I want to say the Mags bobblehead happened in 2001 or 2002.

grenda12
04-02-2010, 03:41 PM
List below of the SGA bobbleheads

6/1/01 Frank Thomas
7/1/01 Magglio Ordoņez (Home)
4/14/02 Magglio Ordoņez (Road)
7/28/02 Carlton Fisk
8/11/02 Minnie Minoso
6/11/03 Hawk and DJ
7/18/03 Paul Konerko
8/21/04 Esteban Loaiza
5/27/07 Ozzie Guillen
9/16/07 Jim Thome
8/10/08 Nick Swisher
8/1/09 Miller Lite Beer Vendor

ewokpelts
04-02-2010, 03:53 PM
List below of the SGA bobbleheads

6/1/01 Frank Thomas
7/1/01 Magglio Ordoņez (Home)
4/14/02 Magglio Ordoņez (Road)
7/28/02 Carlton Fisk
8/11/02 Minnie Minoso
6/11/03 Hawk and DJ
7/18/03 Paul Konerko
8/21/04 Esteban Loaiza
5/27/07 Ozzie Guillen
9/16/07 Jim Thome
8/10/08 Nick Swisher
8/1/09 Miller Lite Beer Vendormeanwhile, the brewers have FOUR ALL-FANS bobblehead giveaways this year.

Brian26
04-02-2010, 09:31 PM
meanwhile, the brewers have FOUR ALL-FANS bobblehead giveaways this year.

Brewers bobbleheads are garbage because they're not the AGP version like the Sox giveaway. I know that comment is falling into a crazy niche-realm of nerdiness that few people probably care to even explore, so I'll leave it at that. :tongue:

ewokpelts
04-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Brewers bobbleheads are garbage because they're not the AGP version like the Sox giveaway. I know that comment is falling into a crazy niche-realm of nerdiness that few people probably care to even explore, so I'll leave it at that. :tongue:to a kid getting a hank aaron bobblehead, it dosent matter

HomeFish
04-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Was it a Miller Lite guy, or was it MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLER LITE guy

MarkZ35
09-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Didn't see this anywhere else but they appear to have added another bobblehead giveaway this season. Andruw Jones bobblehead giveaway Sep. 28th vs Red Sox. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws&y=2010

grenda12
09-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Didn't see this anywhere else but they appear to have added another bobblehead giveaway this season. Andruw Jones bobblehead giveaway Sep. 28th vs Red Sox. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws&y=2010

Thanks!

DumpJerry
09-17-2010, 05:32 PM
September 28th vs. the Blow Sox. First 20,000 fans.

I just noticed it on the schedule.

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Seriously? That has to be a joke. The guy is downright horrible this year. Of all the players on the team, he gets a bobblehead giveaway?

soltrain21
09-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Is this some joke I'm missing about balls flying over his head that day or something?

hi im skot
09-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks Dump.

And yes, it's really happening (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws&y=2010#September).

DumpJerry
09-17-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm guessing some corporation connected to Scott Borass paid for these, so the Sox will give them away. I find it interesting he gets 20,000 bobbleheads given away while Frank and Nancy got only 10,000 each on their days. Inverse value to the team?

soltrain21
09-17-2010, 06:10 PM
We've covered Ari Hest on HEAVE before.

As for the bobbleheads. Yuck. Why would you want that?

DumpJerry
09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Seriously? That has to be a joke. The guy is downright horrible this year. Of all the players on the team, he gets a bobblehead giveaway?

Nick Swisher was the only one we got the year he was with us. Ironically it was a Red Sox game. I'm sure it was used for backyard target practice once he went to the Yankees....

Is this some joke I'm missing about balls flying over his head that day or something?
:roflmao: the picture that put in my head is pretty funny.

hi im skot
09-17-2010, 06:30 PM
As for the bobbleheads. Yuck. Why would you want that?

I guess I'm the only one who likes Jones...

chisoxfanatic
09-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Unless a player is REALLY special, I don't agree with giving them a bobblehead night during their first year here.

hi im skot
09-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Unless a player is REALLY special, I don't agree with giving them a bobblehead night during their first year here.

He hit his 400th career home run this year.

DumpJerry
09-17-2010, 06:54 PM
He hit his 400th career home run this year.
That game was a blowout win for us. Nothing special about it.

grenda12
09-17-2010, 07:23 PM
There are plenty of other players more deserving of a bobblehead being made after them.

GoGoCrede
09-18-2010, 12:10 AM
I don't care if he's "deserving" of it or not. I want one.

ewokpelts
09-20-2010, 11:12 AM
typical sox bull****

ewokpelts
09-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I don't care if he's "deserving" of it or not. I want one.
plenty of $5 tickets on stubhub for this game.

ewokpelts
09-20-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm guessing some corporation connected to Scott Borass paid for these, so the Sox will give them away. I find it interesting he gets 20,000 bobbleheads given away while Frank and Nancy got only 10,000 each on their days. Inverse value to the team?i suspect this is a rejected STH gift. announced with no fanfare, and on a random tuesday night in september at a game with ****ty sales? par for the course for the sox.

TomBradley72
09-20-2010, 04:04 PM

Maybe they'll have some "retro" White Sox bobbleheads for Deron Johnson, Sparky Lyle, Steve Carlton, George Foster, Manny Ramirez, etc?

hi im skot
09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
It's hilarious to me that people are actually upset about this.

soltrain21
09-20-2010, 04:48 PM
It's hilarious to me that people are actually upset about this.

Go on a date you clown.

hi im skot
09-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Go on a date you clown.

Sigh...she hates Andruw Jones bobbleheads, too. It'll never work.

twentywontowin
09-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Nick Swisher was the only one we got the year he was with us. Ironically it was a Red Sox game. I'm sure it was used for backyard target practice once he went to the Yankees....

Could be worse. You can be my buddy who paid $40 for his Swisher one.