PDA

View Full Version : Teen Decade Prediction Thread/Poll

voodoochile
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
So if KW and OG continue to be the dynamic duo leading the Sox how many times will the Sox make the playoffs this coming decade and how many WS titles will they win?

Edit: Sorry for the fake out on the first thread, wanted to make the poll results public and you can't edit that option in...

russ99
01-31-2010, 10:55 AM
We have this three year window with the current pitching staff, so I'm hoping we make the playoffs twice before Kenny needs to reload again.

A World Series title is such a fluky thing, you just can't bank on it. Even the Yankees with all their payroll and all-star players only won one the last 10 years.

So my guestimate is:

2 division titles from 2010-2012
Maybe 1 wild card from 2013- 2014
3 playoff appearances 2015-2019

Maybe we'll get lucky and win a title again.

MARTINMVP
01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
I voted 3-6 and at least one WS title.

Three or four playoff appearances should be realistic for this team. I do honestly believe they will win another World Series this decade.

Vestigio
01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
I voted 3 to 6 playoff appearances since thats pretty realistic, especially in this division. Right now we have a limited window, and not much of a core in our minor league system. This is why I dont think we'll win a title, but I hope I'm wrong

downstairs
01-31-2010, 01:09 PM
I voted less than three with no World Series. No reason to think this decade will be any different than pretty much all of the decades in Sox history.

Rdy2PlayBall
01-31-2010, 01:15 PM
I voted less than three with no World Series. No reason to think this decade will be any different than pretty much all of the decades in Sox history.What about the last one? :scratch:

Waysouthsider
01-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Win 'em all dammit! :D:

Seriously though, we ought to be making the playoffs 4-5 times, don't ya' think? A title would be sauce for the goose.

Sam Spade
01-31-2010, 08:04 PM
I voted less than three with no World Series. No reason to think this decade will be any different than pretty much all of the decades in Sox history.
Here's a reason it might be more like the last one than "pretty much all of the decades".

Its the same coach and GM.

WhiteSox5187
01-31-2010, 09:36 PM
It's so hard to tell, I don't think Ozzie or Kenny is going to last all of the teens, plus at this time in 2000, who would have predicted the Sox would have made three playoff appearances much less a World Series title?

I'd like to be optimisitc and say that three playoff apperances and a World Series is likely, but who knows? I'd be surprised if more than one person on this roster now is still on it in 2015.