PDA

View Full Version : Came across this link on the Yahoo MLB Blog

Lorenzo Barcelo
01-30-2010, 12:34 AM
States that Peavy was grooving pitches to Bonds on his last at bat. Probably not a big deal, but seems surprising given the aura he gives off as being an intense competitor on the mound.

http://twitter.com/gaslampball/status/8342054881

Dub25
01-30-2010, 12:41 AM
States that Peavy was grooving pitches to Bonds on his last at bat. Probably not a big deal, but seems surprising given the aura he gives off as being an intense competitor on the mound.

Whatever...

JermaineDye05
01-30-2010, 01:25 AM
I came across this in the smilies:

:whocares

01-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Gaslamp = bitter Padres fan

DrCrawdad
01-30-2010, 07:41 AM

I'm not shocked. You can be an intense competitor and still do that. Most important item in that story, Peavy's team was up 9-2.

I know a lot of people hate Bonds, McGwire, etc. because of the 'roids issue. I don't like what they did as individuals, but I reserve most of my ill-will towards Selig, the owners, players union and media for allowing it to happen and for tacitly approving (if not directly approving) of the whole steroid-era. They had to know what was going on but they were too busy counting their $$.

asindc
01-30-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm not shocked. You can be an intense competitor and still do that. Most important item in that story, Peavy's team was up 9-2.

I know a lot of people hate Bonds, McGwire, etc. because of the 'roids issue. I don't like what they did as individuals, but I reserve most of my ill-will towards Selig, the owners, players union and media for allowing it to happen and for tacitly approving (if not directly approving) of the whole steroid-era. They had to know what was going on but they were too busy counting their $$.

This.

Brian26
01-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Gaslamp = bitter Padres fan

Also someone who gets his ink done at a pre-school. A unicorn, really?

GoGoCrede
01-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Ew, that Twitter background. Could not get past that.

Jpgr91
01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
I think it shows that Peavy has a lot of respect for the game. He realized that it was Bonds last AB, it was in Bond's park, and Peavy's team was going to win. Peavy put the needs of another teams fans above his own personal statistics. Sounds like a nice move.

Rohan
01-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Clemens was a phenomenal pitcher back in the day... Before the steroids...

I think he would make a good mentor, I don't blame Peavy at all.

downstairs
01-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Peavy doesn't need to be anything but a good pitcher.

However, defending Bonds and Clemens makes him an idiot. Seriously if they're your "buddies" then either:

1. You knew they did 'roids and defend them still- you're an idiot.

2. You didn't know they did 'roids and now that you're apparently the last person on Earth to figure it out, you didn't ditch them as buddies- you're an idiot.

Rdy2PlayBall
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM
There's nothing wrong with that. :dunno:

In fact, someone better groove a pitch to Griffey and Thome in their last at bats. If the games not on the line, and the player is someone special, let 'em have a good last moment.

Rohan
01-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Peavy doesn't need to be anything but a good pitcher.

However, defending Bonds and Clemens makes him an idiot. Seriously if they're your "buddies" then either:

1. You knew they did 'roids and defend them still- you're an idiot.

2. You didn't know they did 'roids and now that you're apparently the last person on Earth to figure it out, you didn't ditch them as buddies- you're an idiot.

Peavy didn't say they didn't do roids. What he said is, whether or not they did they're still his friends - and that's what friends do.