PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket folks aggressively calling

HomeFish
01-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I've never had Sox season tickets, but I did have an Ozzie Plan in 2006. For the sole purpose of guaranteeing that I would have tickets to the replica ring day and to the ring ceremony.

I've been called twice in the last month by season ticket reps asking me if I was interested. They have been very polite and haven't really disrupted my life, but I've never noticed this before in previous seasons.

ND_Sox_Fan
01-27-2010, 03:12 PM
I had weekend seats from 2005 to 2007 when I lived in Chicago. I have been out of the city for three years now, and have received two calls as well.

This is especially funny, as they have my current address and send me mailings to Dallas as well.

ewokpelts
01-27-2010, 04:10 PM
it's just the interns cold calling...what else is new?

parlaycard
01-30-2010, 08:41 AM

Yes but its nice that they arent giving you the hard sell on the phone.

I told them I wasnt interested in purchasing tickets and they said, "Thank you for your time, see you at the ballpark."

Save McCuddy's
01-30-2010, 08:57 AM
I had season tix from 1997 thru 2002 and dropped them at that point.

Then, I magically received a cold call in January of 2005 that caught me in the right moment and within 5 minutes I ordered a package for the greatest season of my life.

One never knows .....

OzzieBall2004
01-30-2010, 07:28 PM
I know someone who works over there, and from what I understand they call all former season tickets from the past few seasons and everyone who bought individual tickets last year and received a season ticket brochure for 2010. If they're really operating on a model of projected revenues minus projected expenses equaling player payroll, I think it's wise to leave no stones unturned to attempt to maximize those revenues. If the average season ticket package is around $4,000 or so (totally a guess...I can't afford them), selling an extra 500 that wouldn't have come on board without a phone call could mean an extra $2 million to play with during the season and before the trade deadline, which could go towards an extra reliable arm for the bullpen or the lefty bat most of us think we're going to need so bad.

That being said, sending a brochure to someone who has moved to Texas seems silly...might be a good idea to let them know so they can save the 40 cents next year. :)

DumpJerry
01-30-2010, 08:41 PM
That being said, sending a brochure to someone who has moved to Texas seems silly...might be a good idea to let them know so they can save the 40 cents next year. :)
There are quite a few of out-of-state ST holders. They are investors who buy up season ticket packages and sell them on StubHub. They recover their costs with the big games and playoffs. The seats to my right are owned by someone who sells all games on StubHub. April and May games are usually sold below face just to move them, but the remainder are sold for a profit. I know this because I've asked the people who sit there (never the same person twice in two years).

RockJock07
01-30-2010, 09:57 PM

Them but most likely inside sales representatives. Every team has a group of inside sales representatives that just call out to generate new business. They are required to make 80+ calls a day to canceled season ticket holders as well as single game buyers from seasons past. These guys are looking for full-time ticket sales jobs and this is the 1st step.

After my internship I held one of these positions last season for the Brewers. I'm surprised that the Sox haven't used tactic before this off-season.

skobabe8
01-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Bill Melton called me a few days to thank me for being a ST holder. he left me like a 4 minute long message reviewing position by position 2010 expectations.