PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Sign Nady

SoxNation05
01-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Good. Now they can't have JD.

tstrike2000
01-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Not a bad move for them. When healthy, he's a pretty solid hitter.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Since when are the Cubs allowed to have 4 OF playing in the field? This is what I don't get about that organization. Was there really a need to go out and get him when you already have 3 OF that are all capable of starting?

soxinem1
01-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Not a bad move for them. When healthy, he's a pretty solid hitter.

I agree, but two TJ surgeries might mean he has a worse arm than Pierre.

TheOldRoman
01-26-2010, 01:38 PM
I agree, but two TJ surgeries might mean he has a worse arm than Pierre.I don't know. Pitchers who have it done generally gain 2-3 mph on their fastball. I don't know of anyone losing velocity. Of course, the pitching motion is different than a normal throwing motion, so who knows.

Domeshot17
01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Since when are the Cubs allowed to have 4 OF playing in the field? This is what I don't get about that organization. Was there really a need to go out and get him when you already have 3 OF that are all capable of starting?

I hate the cubs as much as the next guy, but come on. You are going to fault them for adding depth? Seriously? Its okay for the White Sox to have 3 DH's, but the Cubs can't have 4 OF?

soxinem1
01-26-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't know. Pitchers who have it done generally gain 2-3 mph on their fastball. I don't know of anyone losing velocity. Of course, the pitching motion is different than a normal throwing motion, so who knows.

Not disputing that, but I do not recall anyone coming back after having this procedure done twice as Nady has.

jabrch
01-26-2010, 03:55 PM

Between injuries and needing a PH, it can't hurt to have good hitters. If Nady is healthy, he's a good add for a team that has some real Qs in their OF. (Soriano's health, Fukudome's performance and even Byrd's performance) I'd love to have a 4th OF who can go in and play everyday possibly as well as my #1 OF. (moreso if my #1 OF was not a complete ?...)

Foulke You
01-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Between injuries and needing a PH, it can't hurt to have good hitters. If Nady is healthy, he's a good add for a team that has some real Qs in their OF. (Soriano's health, Fukudome's performance and even Byrd's performance) I'd love to have a 4th OF who can go in and play everyday possibly as well as my #1 OF. (moreso if my #1 OF was not a complete ?...)
I agree jabrch. This is a solid move for the Cubs. As you pointed out, Soriano is bound to have a DL trip or two and the Cubs no longer have Jake Fox to fill in for him out there. Plus, the NL provides many pinch hit opportunities. I also approve of this move because I don't think my stomach could take seeing Dye in Cubs blue.:D:

thedudeabides
01-26-2010, 04:40 PM

If you followed them last year, lack of depth is what killed them. They had no backup plan for injuries and falloff performances. Also, Fukudome can't hit lefties, and Soriano will likely see time on the DL.

I'm not sure what Nady will be after his second TJ surgery, but they absolutely need the depth.

veeter
01-26-2010, 08:02 PM
If you followed them last year, lack of depth is what killed them. They had no backup plan for injuries and falloff performances. Also, Fukudome can't hit lefties, and Soriano will likely see time on the DL.

I'm not sure what Nady will be after his second TJ surgery, but they absolutely need the depth.What? The great Sam Fuld doesn't do it for you?

Rockabilly
01-26-2010, 08:26 PM
they also sign Chad Tracy

Sam Spade
01-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Best team ever imo.