PDA

View Full Version : The Anti All-Star Team

HawkDJ
06-13-2002, 06:33 PM
This article on MLB.com: http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/fantasy/mlb_fantasy_columns.jsp?story=schwartz0613 about the most disappointing players at each position in the AL(which included Caballo and Foulke) inspired me to start this thread. What would be your anti all-star team including at least one SP and RP?

MattSharp
06-13-2002, 08:36 PM
Robbie Alomar and Mo Vaughn would prolly make my team.....

Jjav829
06-13-2002, 10:04 PM
Hmm off the top of my head....

C- Toby Hall . I agree on this one. I had him ranked high among catchers and I really thought he was going to bust out this year. Instead he was just a bust. His OBP and SLG %, .224 and .273 respectively would be pathetic AVG's.
Backup Ivan Rodriguez- Hes hitting now. However, he has been injured all this time which really hurts for those who took him high.

1B- Rafael Palmeiro Ok so Im stretching here, but his .266 AVG hasn't helped. Plus I traded Dunn away to get him, before I knew Dunn would be eligible at 1B. :o:
Backup Tony Clark- I thought the Red Sox had a nice steal in Clark and figured for him to put up some decent numbers. But with his AVG being Clayton-esque hes definately a disappointment.

2B- Bret Boone Ok, I knew he wouldn't repeat last years performance, but I know some people did. So Im including him for all those who believed Bret Boone was becoming a superstar.
Backup Ricky Gutierrez- The guy who I once debated for over an hour a half that Jose Valentin was better than, has been bad this year with only 9 RBI's entering today and .247 AVG.

SS- Neifi Perez Hes hitting a robust .240 this year. I guess Coors really did have an impact on him.
Backup Christian Guzman- Mr. Triple entered today hitting only .249 with a measily 5 SB's. He has been injured though so I can see why his performance hasn't been too good.

3B- Hank Blalock Only the beginning of the disappointing 3B prospects that have failed so far. Thought he would be a steal FA pickup, and that didn't last long.
Backup Jeff Cirillo - Hitting only .233 after a hot start. Has scored only 21 runs which means Desi Relaford has more runs scored. :o:

LF- Carlos Lee I expected a lot more out of him than what he has done. I just hope he can bounce back if nothing else, to improve his trade value.
Backup Greg Vaughn - What can I say. Hes currently batting .159 in 61 games and has the same number of HR's as Royce Clayton. Need I say more?

CF- Jose Cruz He does have 9 HR but only 29 HR's and a .223 AVG. Certainly not going to help his trade value for the Blue Jays.
Backup Gabe Kapler - So much for him having a breakout year and establishing himself as a good young outfielder. He doesn't have a HR in 50 games and has scored only 19 runs.

RF- Jermaine Dye I really thought that he would help to cushion the lose of Jason Giambi. Maybe he needs some time to get over his broken leg from last year, but his performance so far has been disappointing.
Backup Raul Mondesi - Im stretching a bit here because he has hit 14 HR's and driven in 40, however his AVG stands at .217 and has a .292 OBP

SP- Eric Milton I have to agree here. He is probably the most disappointing of all 3 of the Twins big starters. I never expected his ERA to be near 6.00 at this point in the season.
Backup C.C. Sabathia - The guy who we were told was better than Mark Buehrle hasn't been even near Buehrle this year, sporting a large 5.17 ERA.

RP- Keith Foulke This is a no-brainer. He was ranked in the top 5 by most everyone, and some even called him the 2nd best closer behind only Rivera. I just hope he gets his act together.
Backup Matt Anderson - Was supposed to be the next good young closer. However he doesn't even have a single save yet and has been battling injuries all year long.

Ok so that wasn't completely off the top of my head. I don't have everyones stats memorized. :smile: The NL's most disappointing, or baseball's biggest surprises would be so much easier.

TheBigHurt
06-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Robbie Alomar and Mo Vaughn would prolly make my team.....

yeah i agree