PDA

View Full Version : Joe Crede

beasly213
01-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Any update on him? I haven't heard of any teams having interest in him. I'm curious to where he will end up.

oeo
01-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Probably in the operating room.

SephClone89
01-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Designated hitter for the Chicago White Sox.

JGarlandrules20
01-25-2010, 10:54 PM
I've heard the Twins and Cardinals were looking at him.

The Orioles were also deciding between him and Tejada at one point... but they obviously ended up signing Tejada.

LoveYourSuit
01-25-2010, 11:13 PM
I would sign Herbert Perry right now before Crede.

DumpJerry
01-25-2010, 11:36 PM
He's damaged goods.

salty99
01-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I think some team will end up taking a chance on him for little money and a contract heavy on incentives.

cws05champ
01-26-2010, 11:59 AM
I've heard the Twins and Cardinals were looking at him.

The Orioles were also deciding between him and Tejada at one point... but they obviously ended up signing Tejada.

Since he is from down that way and he could platoon with David Freese, the Cards may be the ideal place for him. Playing on a winning team, on grass and doesn't have to play full time or carry the offensive load.

sunofgold
01-31-2010, 12:52 AM
Should an AL team just take him on as a DH. I really don't think that he could play the field anymore. His back just cannot take it.

However, if he does his stretches everyday (aka Thome) he could DH. He did hit 15 hr and 48 rbis in a half a season (probably not at 100% health wise). His average and obp would need to get better though.

Not sure if there is AL team that needs a DH. Oh, wait. We do. hahah!

Nellie_Fox
01-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Should an AL team just take him on as a DH. I really don't think that he could play the field anymore. His back just cannot take it.

However, if he does his stretches everyday (aka Thome) he could DH. He did hit 15 hr and 48 rbis in a half a season (probably not at 100% health wise). His average and obp would need to get better though.

Not sure if there is AL team that needs a DH. Oh, wait. We do. hahah!Joe is nowhere near a good enough hitter to be a full-time DH. If he can't play the field, his value is nil.

TomBradley72
01-31-2010, 05:12 AM
Since he is from down that way and he could platoon with David Freese, the Cards may be the ideal place for him. Playing on a winning team, on grass and doesn't have to play full time or carry the offensive load.

Great picture in your sig!

LITTLE NELL
01-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Any update on him? I haven't heard of any teams having interest in him. I'm curious to where he will end up.

In traction.

soxinem1
01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
joe is nowhere near a good enough hitter to be a full-time dh. If he can't play the field, his value is nil.

+1. Very true.

jabrch
01-31-2010, 05:39 PM

I'm not convinced he is an improvement over what we have at DH. Joe's value had a lot to do with playing very good 3B defense.

thomas35forever
01-31-2010, 11:06 PM
I think his career is about to come to a premature end.

Jurr
02-11-2010, 01:13 PM
I feel so badly for him. Yes, he is set for life financially, but he is a guy that loves the game and worked at his craft. His injury is about the worst thing that could happen to a ballplayer. If your discs are herniated, the torque from a swing becomes such a struggle. He is just so talented, and the whole situation sucks.

Sargeant79
02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I feel so badly for him. Yes, he is set for life financially, but he is a guy that loves the game and worked at his craft. His injury is about the worst thing that could happen to a ballplayer. If your discs are herniated, the torque from a swing becomes such a struggle. He is just so talented, and the whole situation sucks.

This is a good example of how Scott Boras absolutely screws some of his players. I'll admit that 80-90 percent of the time, he gets his guys paid. But there are always a handful of stories like this every year where his negotiating tactics cost his guys millions of dollars.

In this case, it worked out well for the Sox. Had Boras not been Crede's agent, we would likely be paying Crede many millions for the next couple years to not be on the field very much.