PDA

View Full Version : Help me prove something to a Flubs fan about Wrigley

HawkDJ
06-13-2002, 05:26 PM
First of all the Flubs fan is my cousin. He seems to have a baseball coach who is a Sox fan but says he likes Wrigley more than Comiskey. Then he goes on to say that most of Chicago would say they like Wrigley better. I agree because I understand how many Cubs fans are in Chicago. He then says most people in the United States would say they like Wrigley better than Comiskey. Again I agree because of all the publicity Wrigley and the Cubs get and the Sox don't get. But then he says most Sox fans would admit they like Wrigley better than Comiskey and that I am the only one who likes Comiskey better. I say that is ridiculous but he still believes it. So help me out here Sox fans, which do you prefer, Comiskey or Wrigley? I'll show this to my cousin after people are done voting.

FarWestChicago
06-13-2002, 05:33 PM
Please share this with your cousin, too:

You are an idiot Flubs fan. You make real baseball fans want to:

:chunks

LongDistanceFan
06-13-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
First of all the Flubs fan is my cousin. Well he seems to have a baseball coach who is a Sox fan but says he likes Wrigley more than Comiskey. Then he goes on to say that most of Chicago would say they like Wrigley better. I agree because I understand how many Cubs fans are in Chicago. he then says most people in the United States would say they like Wrigley better than Comiskey. Again I agree because of all the publicity Wrigley and the Cubs get and the Sox don't get. But then he says most Sox fans would admit they like Wrigley better than Comiskey and that I am the only one who likes Comiskey better. I say that is ridiculous but he still belives it. So help me out here Sox fans, which do you prefer, Comiskey or Wrigley? I'll show this to my cousin after people are done voting. i have been to the northside twice in my lifetime and once when the sox played the cubs............. my opinion........... i truly don't know....... i had a lousy time the first time b/c of a bozo who was trying to pick a fight with every sox fan in the bleachers......... and the second time was behind the plate........... the park is a nice remembrance of the old times........... but if i had to pick....... i will take the new one over the northside and most of all i would've taken the old comiskey over both......... there are other variables out there that needs to be taken into consideration for me to choose.........

LongDistanceFan
06-13-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Please share this with your cousin, too:

You are an idiot Flubs fan. You make real baseball fans want to:

:chunks lmao......

bjmarte
06-13-2002, 05:37 PM
Ummm.......... what??????! Your cousin is out of his gourd.

34rancher
06-13-2002, 05:45 PM
Personally, as a bigger guy 6'3" and 245, I love to go to Comisky and spend some time with family or friends, spread out and RELAX. In my opinion, most Cub fans are so concerned with who they are not there with (i.e. cell phone addicts), that they forget to more than anything enjoy the tranquility of a good game. I may enjoy a beer or two, but not to forget what I just saw. So from my standpoint, I hope Comisky never becomes the "IN" spot. I just enjoy getting tix away from others and enjoy the game and the company of the people that I go with.

alohafri
06-13-2002, 09:57 PM
The Toilet Bowl up north is a vile and disgusting excuse for a ballpark. I've seen better minor league parks.

Most of the media in Chicago make Comiskey out to be a horrible ballmall, etc. But I've met fans from other teams who have gone to Comiskey park for the first time, and they think it is a beautiful park. At last nights game, I met 2 guys from NY (Mets fans of course) who loved Comiskey, and having seen Wrigley from the outside, decided they really didn't care to go there for a game.

I've also met fans from Seattle who thought Comiskey was great.

These were people who have never been exposed to the media bias; therefore their opinions are honest and not influenced by anyone else.

It is only the media-influenced nimrods who think Comiskey sucks.

Not that Comiskey is perfect--there are a lot of things that should have been done differently...but the point is, Comiskey is cleaner, safer, more family-friendly and over all, a MUCH better place to watch a professional baseball game. If you're into nostalgia and really don't care about the grime, the smell, and lack of decent food and drink, then I suppose you would like Wrigley better.