PDA

View Full Version : Sammy The Gladiator!

CiscoCarlos
06-13-2002, 05:13 PM
From Sports Illustrated For Kids July issue:

"When Sammy Sosa has a minor injury, the movie Gladiator inspires him to play. "It motivates me," says the Chicago Cubs' rightfielder, who has seen the film more than 20 times. "A gladiator never has pain. A gladiator has so much pride." When asked if he will play on a day he is hurt, Sammy simply nods and says, "I'm a gladiator."

Did gladiators get paid $50 million to swing a baseball bat?

LongDistanceFan
06-13-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CiscoCarlos

"When Sammy Sosa has a minor injury, the movie Gladiator inspires him to play. "It motivates me," says the Chicago Cubs' rightfielder, who has seen the film more than 20 times. "A gladiator never has pain. A gladiator has so much pride." When asked if he will play on a day he is hurt, Sammy simply nods and says, "I'm a gladiator."

Did gladiators get paid $50 million to swing a baseball bat? ohhhh please ............. get real

DrCrawdad
06-13-2002, 05:20 PM
"Gladiator"? Huh, and here I thought Sammy was moved by "Spartacus".

CerberusWG
06-13-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by CiscoCarlos

Did gladiators get paid $50 million to swing a baseball bat?

Watch me take my Flinstone's Vitamins to defeat the eveil baseball!

Pete_SSAC
06-13-2002, 07:20 PM
Why did I just get this mental image of Sosa sitting under a tent he made with the dining room chairs and a sheet, with his stuffed animals around him so he can watch the movie too?

My God, this man is a pud.

- Pete

LongDistanceFan
06-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Why did I just get this mental image of Sosa sitting under a tent he made with the dining room chairs and a sheet, with his stuffed animals around him so he can watch the movie too?

My God, this man is a pud.

- Pete pete my man....... where have you been....... serving on the forces......

irish rover
06-14-2002, 11:13 AM
he sure loves to live in a fantasy world, first titanic now gladiator

so you like gladiator movies, have you seen a grown man naked?

ChiSoxBobette
06-14-2002, 12:49 PM
shamee just likes to see men half naked and sweaty, he probably likes to dress up like a gladiator to. Maybe him & fred mcwiff wrestle with each other dressed like gladiators . :D: :D: