PDA

View Full Version : Tejada Back to Baltimore

Marqhead
01-23-2010, 01:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4851897

NDSox12
01-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Tejada isn't nearly the player he was when he left Baltimore, but the Orioles have quietly assembled a pretty good offensive team. Their pitching staff is still brutal though.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
01-24-2010, 03:15 AM
Tejada isn't nearly the player he was when he left Baltimore, but the Orioles have quietly assembled a pretty good offensive team. Their pitching staff is still brutal though.

[half-teal]Unless they're pitching against the Sox.[/half-teal]

soxinem1
01-24-2010, 10:12 PM

They did get Millwood and there are rumors of them going after Garland.

I agree about the lineup. If Weiters continues to develop, there are no weak areas. Even Izturis blends in well.

DirtySox
01-24-2010, 11:07 PM
They did get Millwood and there are rumors of them going after Garland.

I agree about the lineup. If Weiters continues to develop, there are no weak areas. Even Izturis blends in well.

The farm system is damn good too. It's loaded with great pitching prospects, and many of them are just about ready to contribute. Matusz is going to be a stud. Really looking forward to following the O's this year.

DSpivack
01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
The farm system is damn good too. It's loaded with great pitching prospects, and many of them are just about ready to contribute. Matusz is going to be a stud. Really looking forward to following the O's this year.

I enjoyed the few O's games I went to while living in DC. Love the park, and even like the city. The only AL East team I'm partial to [I probably have one team in each division, outside the AL Central obviously, that I'm partial to but not exactly a fan of]. I wish them well, they have great fans and lots of history, it'd be nice to see them contending again.

asindc
01-25-2010, 09:14 AM
I enjoyed the few O's games I went to while living in DC. Love the park, and even like the city. The only AL East team I'm partial to [I probably have one team in each division, outside the AL Central obviously, that I'm partial to but not exactly a fan of]. I wish them well, they have great fans and lots of history, it'd be nice to see them contending again.

Angelos has finally gotten past the silly notion of trying to build fantasy teams and has instead turned focus on building from the ground up and within. Their farm system is in great shape compared to what it was just five years ago, and now they are starting to see the results. I think it was key for them to lock up Markakis and trade Bedard at his highest peak. Now if the pitching matures on schedule in the next two years, they might actually contend for the AL East title in 2012.

KenBerryGrab
01-25-2010, 09:22 AM
And I wouldn't be surprised to see them get Bedard back.