01-22-2010, 12:01 AM
This going down at Soxfest this year?

gr8mexico
01-22-2010, 12:02 AM
This going down at Soxfest this year?
I hope so. It does look like it

yazz32
01-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Little off topic, but will the pull-a-pencil be back this year?

ewokpelts
01-22-2010, 11:05 AM
garage sale is on the main selling floor. deals will be had.

gr8mexico
01-22-2010, 11:20 AM
garage sale is on the main selling floor. deals will be had.
How do you get to the main selling floor?
This will be my first time at the Palmer house and have no idea where to go.

BubblingCalderon
01-22-2010, 11:45 AM
How do you get to the main selling floor?
This will be my first time at the Palmer house and have no idea where to go.

I think the 2nd floor was the selling floor. The Palmer House Hilton is confusing the 1st time you go. By Sunday you will be a seasoned pro. Allot of people don't like it because its spread out over multiple levels. I like the fact that everything is spread out and confusing. It gives people who stay at the hotel an advantage over 1st timers with one day passes.

I found the Sox garage sale is better on Sunday. Current player items are discounted as much as 50% off their original list price one they player leaves sox fest. For example I think Konerko game used bats were like $300 Friday and Saturday, On Sunday after he made his last appearance they dropped to $150 (I could be wrong about the exact prices but you get the idea.) Items from past players are typically the deals that get snatched up quickly because they are priced reasonably in comparison to most current players.

gr8mexico
01-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the help. Will it be a different entrance for the second level or one main entrance.
Thanks

palehosepub
01-23-2010, 09:20 PM
They had a fair amount of GU stuff available. Many racks of game issue jerseys that appreared to have never been worn. Best stuff was the "special jerseys" that were worn for certain games - civil rights game, St Pattys Day game, the 1959 throwbacks game against the Dodgers in June last year, etc. Many of these jerseys had nice use although some of the stars were a bit pricey - Alexei $500, Baines $300 Danks $400 etc but not unreasonably so.

I picked up Alexis 1959 jersey which was showed lots of game use. Picked up an Ozzie GU hat ($50) since we had wristbands for his auto and had Ozzie sign it.

Lineup cards from 2005 which were $25 at the winter warm up were $100 at the garage sale - ridiculous! Glad I bought some at the warm up.

gr8mexico
01-23-2010, 09:41 PM
They had a fair amount of GU stuff available. Many racks of game issue jerseys that appreared to have never been worn. Best stuff was the "special jerseys" that were worn for certain games - civil rights game, St Pattys Day game, the 1959 throwbacks game against the Dodgers in June last year, etc. Many of these jerseys had nice use although some of the stars were a bit pricey - Alexei $500, Baines $300 Danks $400 etc but not unreasonably so.

I picked up Alexis 1959 jersey which was showed lots of game use. Picked up an Ozzie GU hat ($50) since we had wristbands for his auto and had Ozzie sign it.

Lineup cards from 2005 which were $25 at the winter warm up were $100 at the garage sale - ridiculous! Glad I bought some at the warm up.
I was going to take the Alexei but past on it because of the stains on the neck area.
But did pick up the Thome 1959 TBTC jersey. Awesome jersey from a future H.O.F :bandance:

Brian26
01-23-2010, 10:35 PM

I wouldn't touch any of those lineup cards with a ten-foot pole. Isn't it a bit mysterious how, five years later, there are more 2005 lineup cards available now for sale than there have been in the past four Soxfest events and Family Field Day Garage Sales? The prices on those mysteriously went up this year as well.

palehosepub
01-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Didnt see the Thome nice pickup - what did it sell for?. Its nice to see the game use although the Jenks jersey looked like he threw up all over it...

stevemcstud
01-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I got the line up card and a game ball from my first sox game for 100 total!

Great find.

gr8mexico
01-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Didnt see the Thome nice pickup - what did it sell for?. Its nice to see the game use although the Jenks jersey looked like he threw up all over it...
Way more then what I wanted to pay but for a sure future H.O.F
I had no problem paying it.
I got the line up card and a game ball from my first sox game for 100 total!

Great find.
I also picked up a game used ball from the 9-4-09 game against the RedSox.
It was Ozzie Guillens 500th victory as a manager and Dan Hudson first debut with the Sox.

mzh
01-24-2010, 03:12 PM
I Went on the cheap this year and got a ray Durham autographed photo and a $20 game-used bat by the great Wilson Betemit! :D:

Chrisaway
01-24-2010, 03:40 PM
I got a game worn Alex Rios jersey and a grab bag. I was tempted to splurge and buy the Chris Getz civil rights game jersey with the dirt stains on it.

Brian26
01-24-2010, 11:05 PM
My only purchase was the Konerko-Dye statue.

LoveYourSuit
01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
My only purchase was the Konerko-Dye statue.

Same here, I thought that was pretty cool and significant.

Also picked up a pair of Buehrle commemorative game programs.

BainesHOF
01-25-2010, 12:42 AM
The prices of most items were more on target this year compared to last year. Sure, they could have been a little lower, especially given the economy, but they were fair for the most part. The stars should command a healthy premium. Perhaps the lesser players could be sold at more garage-sale-like prices. Plenty of jerseys and bats remained at the end of Sunday. I'm thinking if they dropped some jerseys to $50 and bats to $20 that they'd sell more items and raise even more for charity.

The lineup cards are legit. Like everything else, you need to be an informed shopper. The desirable cards are the game-used ones that come from the dugout. They feature game markings of players being crossed out, substitutions added and colored-in circles, which represent when players make the last out of an inning. Recently, the Sox have sold other cards that feature the players written on them, but no game markings. I'm guessing those were posted in the clubhouse as a way of announcing that day's lineup. Those are significantly less desirable in the collecting market. The blank lineup cards are just extras that were obviously never used. They shouldn't be sold for more than $5. The prices for lineup cards were raised considerably this year. I'm guessing that's because proceeds were being donated to help Haiti.

Some of the best bargains were some of the cheapest items. It's hard to beat the Dye-Konerko figure for $20, beer vendor bobble for $10 and the Buehrle program for $5. Perhaps the greatest bargains were the autographed 8x10s of former players found in the black binders. Many could be had for $2 or $5 including some 2005 players like Shingo and Timo. Some of the photos featured fantastic photography, too.

Kudos to the Sox for holding their Garage Sales and raising a lot of money for charity.

Domeshot17
01-25-2010, 12:44 AM
My wife bought me the 1 item I really wanted from the Garage Sale. A signed 8 x 10 of Tadahito in mid air of that amazing falling catch/throw he made. The photo is just unreal. Im so thrilled with it. I allmmmoossssstttt bought the game used Getz Civil rights jersey, i would have if he was still here and I knew I could get it signed.

BainesHOF
01-25-2010, 01:57 AM
My wife bought me the 1 item I really wanted from the Garage Sale. A signed 8 x 10 of Tadahito in mid air of that amazing falling catch/throw he made. The photo is just unreal. Im so thrilled with it.

I bought that one, too! It is an unreal photo of an unreal play.

WhiffleBall
01-25-2010, 08:59 AM
I bought that one, too! It is an unreal photo of an unreal play.

How much was it?

BubblingCalderon
01-25-2010, 11:52 AM
How much was it?

$30 I got one too. They have mlb holograms on them so you can look it up and see when he signed it. Its an amazing photo that's why i was willing to spend $30. I think $30 was also the most expensive price in the photobook.

I got a Jose Contreras game used jersey for $75. I almost bought one last year when I thought $150 was incredibly cheap. It really baffles me why his jerseys were priced that low. I don't care how bad he was lately, Contreras was the best pitcher in baseball for a year that included our World Series title. I'm really exited to get it framed and can't wait to display the jersey of arguably the most important pitcher on the 2005 White Sox.

Bruizer
01-25-2010, 12:01 PM

They had several Game-used Griffey jerseys, too. But they were priced at $2,500. :o:

eriqjaffe
01-25-2010, 12:02 PM
a $20 game-used bat by the great Wilson Betemit! :D:I bet it was in absolutely pristine condition, too. ;)

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-25-2010, 12:02 PM
$30 I got one too. They have mlb holograms on them so you can look it up and see when he signed it. Its an amazing photo that's why i was willing to spend $30. I think $30 was also the most expensive price in the photobook.

Wow. I bought the same thing at the garage sale right after he did it and it was twice as much, lol.

salty99
01-25-2010, 12:35 PM
They had several Game-used Griffey jerseys, too. But they were priced at $2,500. :o:

As BainesHOF has pointed out here several times it is 99% certain those are not game used. Beckham jerseys were $1200 and his bats were $500.

grenda12
01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
I was happy with my purchase of a Pierzynski 125th Anniversary of Louisville Slugger bat.

ewokpelts
01-25-2010, 02:25 PM
hesitated on a #15 1959 style jersey for $150 friday. It wasnt there on sunday.

the grab bags were slashed in price on sunday. $10.

BainesHOF
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
I got a Jose Contreras game used jersey for $75. I almost bought one last year when I thought $150 was incredibly cheap. It really baffles me why his jerseys were priced that low. I don't care how bad he was lately, Contreras was the best pitcher in baseball for a year that included our World Series title. I'm really exited to get it framed and can't wait to display the jersey of arguably the most important pitcher on the 2005 White Sox.

You got a great deal! I would have bought it, but I already have a 2006 Contreras home white jersey. He was indeed our ace in 2005. Heck, he was the best pitcher in baseball from mid-2005 to mid-2006. He was virtually unhittable.

Chrisaway
01-25-2010, 03:16 PM
hesitated on a #15 1959 style jersey for $150 friday. It wasnt there on sunday.

I had that one in my hand at least twice but I couldn't bring myself to buy it knowing Wilson Betemit wore it and not Beckham. I saw some guy wearing it on Sunday though.

AJRoxMyWhiteSox
01-25-2010, 05:03 PM

I got one on Friday and got a women's Frank Thomas jersey in it. I got another one on Sunday with the price cut since the guy selling them told me a two-year-old got a Dewayne Wise autographed ball in one. It ended up being worth the ten bucks Sunday, as I got a Thome autographed ball in my bag.

salty99
01-25-2010, 05:15 PM
I got one on Friday and got a women's Frank Thomas jersey in it. I got another one on Sunday with the price cut since the guy selling them told me a two-year-old got a Dewayne Wise autographed ball in one. It ended up being worth the ten bucks Sunday, as I got a Thome autographed ball in my bag.

Awesome since they were selling Thome signed baseballs at the garage sale for $150.

ewokpelts
01-25-2010, 05:22 PM
I had that one in my hand at least twice but I couldn't bring myself to buy it knowing Wilson Betemit wore it and not Beckham. I saw some guy wearing it on Sunday though.wasnt beckham 15 when he was called up?

salty99
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
wasnt beckham 15 when he was called up?

Beckham was called up, Betemit sent down, and Beckham took his number 15.

esbrechtel
01-25-2010, 07:17 PM
I was at the 1959 jersey game and Beckham definitely wore 15 but he did not start...he may have pinch hit since it was an extra inning game but Beckham wore 15 no doubt about it I remember because I was bummed out that he didn't start because I wanted to see him play in person

gr8mexico
01-25-2010, 07:51 PM
I was at the 1959 jersey game and Beckham definitely wore 15 but he did not start...he may have pinch hit since it was an extra inning game but Beckham wore 15 no doubt about it I remember because I was bummed out that he didn't start because I wanted to see him play in person
Yeah He was a pinch runner and I regret not buying the jersey.
I thought the game was played before he got called up.

TheCommander
01-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Perhaps the greatest bargains were the autographed 8x10s of former players found in the black binders. Many could be had for $2 or $5 including some 2005 players like Shingo and Timo. Some of the photos featured fantastic photography, too.

If you are buying multiple photos, pay close attention before you purchase them. A few years ago, I went through the binder and named off all of the pics I wanted, not looking at each and every one until later. I took my stack of photos to the cashier and paid. When I got home I discovered the Jim Abbott was smudged badly and instead of Ron Karkovice, they gave me Chad Kreuter.

The worst thing is I made the same damn mistake this past Clubhouse Sale. Ended up with a smudged Keith Foulke. :angry: :redface:

Chrisaway
01-25-2010, 09:36 PM

Now I'm kicking myself for not buying it.

parlaycard
01-25-2010, 11:15 PM
As BainesHOF has pointed out here several times it is 99% certain those are not game used. Beckham jerseys were $1200 and his bats were $500.

You mean the Vicedio jersey I bought is not game worn?

gr8mexico
01-26-2010, 12:06 AM
You mean the Vicedio jersey I bought is not game worn?
That should be in teal

parlaycard
01-26-2010, 03:38 PM
That should be in teal

You mean youre not going to call me a ra-tard.

No moderator is going to change the title of my post to something like "Moron buys game worn Viciedo jersey at Soxfest?"

Brian26
01-26-2010, 09:58 PM
You mean youre not going to call me a ra-tard.

No moderator is going to change the title of my post to something like "Moron buys game worn Viciedo jersey at Soxfest?"

I'm not going to change the title of the thread, but I am going to remind you that we don't allow the word "retard" here, whether you spell it correctly or purposefully change the spelling.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2377381&postcount=10

HITMEN OF 77
01-27-2010, 12:09 AM

It all depends about the tagging in the tail.

ewokpelts
01-27-2010, 05:46 AM
It all depends about the tagging in the tail.
the tags simply mean they were team ISSUED. game used items are SUPPOSED to have mlb holograms on them

gr8mexico
01-27-2010, 07:59 AM
the tags simply mean they were team ISSUED. game used items are SUPPOSED to have mlb holograms on them
Not all game used items have MLB holograms.
All the 1959 jerseys and the Civil rights jersey didnt have MLB holograms.
The Jackie Robinson jerseys did.
The only time the MLB holograms are applied on a jersey is when the authenticator is there to apply it and the White Sox dont make it a point
to have all the jerseys MLB authenticated.
I bought 10 jerseys on Friday and only 1 had a hologram on it.
Also if the jerseys have the tags on the bottom it doesn't mean they are game used. I have seen a bunch of brand new Esteban Loiza jerseys with the tags. Some players and the White Sox have a bunch of these made to have autographed to give out to charities or sell.

ewokpelts
01-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Not all game used items have MLB holograms.
All the 1959 jerseys and the Civil rights jersey didnt have MLB holograms.
The Jackie Robinson jerseys did.
The only time the MLB holograms are applied on a jersey is when the authenticator is there to apply it and the White Sox dont make it a point
to have all the jerseys MLB authenticated.
I bought 10 jerseys on Friday and only 1 had a hologram on it.
Also if the jerseys have the tags on the bottom it doesn't mean they are game used. I have seen a bunch of brand new Esteban Loiza jerseys with the tags. Some players and the White Sox have a bunch of these made to have autographed to give out to charities or sell.i know. they were SUPPOSED to have holograms. As per mlb's rules.

Team ISSUED gear have the tags applied. I know this as I won a Dye auto jersey in a sox contest a few years ago.

As for the holograms, it appears the sox only have autographed items stickered. So, if you can, get them to issue you a COA if possible. Any authentication on sox letterhead will preserve future resael value.

salty99
01-27-2010, 02:42 PM
i know. they were SUPPOSED to have holograms. As per mlb's rules.

Team ISSUED gear have the tags applied. I know this as I won a Dye auto jersey in a sox contest a few years ago.

As for the holograms, it appears the sox only have autographed items stickered. So, if you can, get them to issue you a COA if possible. Any authentication on sox letterhead will preserve future resael value.

I have asked about COA's in the past and they won't do it.

BainesHOF
01-27-2010, 03:03 PM
I've never seen a game-used jersey sold at any of the Garage Sales that had a hologram on it (with the exception of the autographed speciality jerseys such as the green ones worn on the Halfway to St. Patrick's Day promotion). The ones that have a hologram on them are the generic kind that have been autographed for charity/giveaway purposes. The hologram authenticates the autograph, not the jersey. Perhaps the holograms on the jerseys given away on jersey day at the park also authenticate the jerseys as well.

The Garage Sale contains lots of game-used jerseys and lots of game-issued jerseys that were never worn. The ones that don't have a "Set (1, 2 or 3)" tag are very likely not game-worn. They're the charity/giveaway jerseys that are often autographed. The jerseys containing the "Set (1, 2 or 3)" tags are issued for game use. You need to examine those to see if they show wear. Some players will only wear their Set 1 jersey all season. Others will wear everything in their locker. It's up to you to examine the jersey for wear. Sometimes you'll find jerseys with higher Set numbers. Those could have been ordered for the player/team to be given away to friends or charities. Sometimes they're worn. Often they're not. I think some players wear these once on jersey giveaway days so they can keep their comfortable Set 1s to wear.

As far as the COA, what I did this weekend was this: I simply wrote the jersey I bought next to the amount total on the White Sox Charities sheet that they have you fill out and they sign at checkout.

ewokpelts
01-27-2010, 03:05 PM
I've never seen a game-used jersey sold at any of the Garage Sales that had a hologram on it. The ones that have a hologram on them are the generic kind that have been autographed for charity/giveaway purposes. The hologram authenticates the autograph, not the jersey. Perhaps the holograms on the jerseys given away on jersey day at the park also authenticate the jerseys as well.

The Garage Sale contains lots of game-used jerseys and lots of game-issued jerseys that were never worn. The ones that don't have a "Set (1, 2 or 3)" tag are very likely not game-worn. They're the charity/giveaway jerseys that are often autographed. The jerseys containing the "Set (1, 2 or 3)" tags are issued for game use. You need to examine those to see if they show wear. Some players will only wear their Set 1 jersey all season. Others will wear everything in their locker. It's up to you to examine the jersey for wear. Sometimes you'll find jerseys with higher Set numbers. Those could have been ordered for the player/team to be given away to friends or charities. Sometimes they're worn. Often they're not. I think some players wear these once on jersey giveaway days so they can keep their comfortable Set 1s to wear.other teams use the holograms on game used materials.
as stated before the sox dont see the need obviously. i prefer the holograms as you dont need COAs and that it's trackable.

this link explains more:
http://www.mlb.com/mlb/authentication/index.jsp

it's a shame that we as fans/collectors have to figure out what's game used when looking at itmes for sale directly from the team.

BainesHOF
01-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Personally, I don't like the holograms on any of my memorabilia. They deface the collectible in my opinion. You don't see holograms plasted on items in museums. The problem is collectors are so freaked out by all the fraud in the hobby that they're desperate to show/prove that they have a legit item. I understand the feeling, but I'm not going to cave to it.

On top of it, the holograms are often placed in obnoxious spots, like right next to an autograph on a baseball or bat. Often times the hologram isn't even stuck on straight. At the very least, the hologram should be placed on the opposite side of the ball and on the knob or the end of the bat so at least the item displays naturally.

HITMEN OF 77
01-27-2010, 03:28 PM
I've been dealing with White Sox game used jerseys and bats for 20 years. (No I'm not saying I'm an expert!) Some have holo's, some don't. As stated before, the holograms just certify the autograph not the jersey. In the case of the set 3's, I've seen "Set 4" jerseys that show obvious game use. I've not known a player to always wear just "Set 1" When the jersey gets used or dirty it gets taken to be cleaned so "Set 2" gets used and so on. On older (50's-70's) Sox jerseys, usually they only made 2 and in some cases 3 sets, as the Sox didn't have the money to be making multiple jerseys. Names and #'s were often stitched then unstitched when a player was injured, sent down or traded. That's the way it was done in up until the early 80's.

ewokpelts
01-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Personally, I don't like the holograms on any of my memorabilia. They deface the collectible in my opinion. You don't see holograms plasted on items in museums. The problem is collectors are so freaked out by all the fraud in the hobby that they're desperate to show/prove that they have a legit item. I understand the feeling, but I'm not going to cave to it.

On top of it, the holograms are often placed in obnoxious spots, like right next to an autograph on a baseball or bat. Often times the hologram isn't even stuck on straight. At the very least, the hologram should be placed on the opposite side of the ball and on the knob or the end of the bat so at least the item displays naturally.There's WAY too many fakes. I have no problem with holos. The buyer and seller can feel confident in a deal.

There was a guy on craigslist selling a Auto Dye bat for $60. He had the holo #. I looked it up, and I know where and when it was signed. You cant beat that.

BainesHOF
01-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Recently, the Sox have been selling some bats with holograms that are not autographed.

Another thing to consider with jerseys now is the traditional style vs. the Cool Base style. The Cool Base jerseys are flimsier (but cooler to the players) and contain different material under the arm. So, these days you can find a Set 1 of, say, a traditional jersey that shows no use because the player preferred to wear the Cool Base model. Most players these days seem to prefer the Cool Base model, though I believe some older players such as Konerko have stayed with the traditional jersey. I'm guessing some players might wear both depending on the weather.

There are no absolute rules to this stuff. You just have to be informed and observant.

palehosepub
01-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Just weighing in on that #15 1959 retro jersey - jerseys are made ahead of time, that jersey had no visible wear and it was way too big for Beckham who is a number of sizes smaller than Betemit.

I initially grabbed that #15 jersey too and thought it might be Beckham's but it would be way to big for Gordon. It was made ahead of time for Betemit and it was not used since Wilson was sent down and they apparently made another one up for Beckham for his callup at the Dodgers game. I have no absolute proof but that is why I didnt buy it (and bought the Alexei jersey instead)

ewokpelts
01-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Just weighing in on that #15 1959 retro jersey - jerseys are made ahead of time, that jersey had no visible wear and it was way too big for Beckham who is a number of sizes smaller than Betemit.

I initially grabbed that #15 jersey too and thought it might be Beckham's but it would be way to big for Gordon. It was made ahead of time for Betemit and it was not used since Wilson was sent down and they apparently made another one up for Beckham for his callup at the Dodgers game. I have no absolute proof but that is why I didnt buy it (and bought the Alexei jersey instead)well, 150 for a not quite game used 59 was still a good price. if anything, to wear as a fan

esbrechtel
01-27-2010, 10:32 PM
well, 150 for a not quite game used 59 was still a good price. if anything, to wear as a fan

no doubt especially because on that day they were selling the ones in the shop for 200 I think...

salty99
01-28-2010, 10:20 AM
no doubt especially because on that day they were selling the ones in the shop for 200 I think...

my friend bought that #15 Betemit 59 style jersey

ewokpelts
01-28-2010, 10:22 AM
no doubt especially because on that day they were selling the ones in the shop for 200 I think...and blank....now i'm pissed for not buying it....

parlaycard
01-30-2010, 09:35 AM
it's a shame that we as fans/collectors have to figure out what's game used when looking at itmes for sale directly from the team.

The Sox would rather you shell out $2500 for a Griffey jersey and never know the difference.

I still don't understand the price on this jersey as compared to the Frank jerseys they had at the garage sale. Was the high price due the fact that he didnt play that many games in a Sox uniform? To me a game worn Frank Thomas jersey is worth more than one from Ken Griffey Jr.

Brian26
01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
I still don't understand the price on this jersey as compared to the Frank jerseys they had at the garage sale. Was the high price due the fact that he didnt play that many games in a Sox uniform? To me a game worn Frank Thomas jersey is worth more than one from Ken Griffey Jr.

I say this as a big Frank Thomas fan, but the market for Griffey memorabilia is at a different level than Big Frank memorabilia. Griffey collectors are a different breed, and his appeal is just honestly broader than Frank's. $2500 is definitely a high price, but its reasonable for that type of item.

Now, the above statement is based on the jersey being legitimate. If its an item that was never really game used or if the Sox had it lettered after he was gone, then its $2300 overpriced. I didn't get a good look at the tags when I was there.

Bruizer
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
I say this as a big Frank Thomas fan, but the market for Griffey memorabilia is at a different level than Big Frank memorabilia. Griffey collectors are a different breed, and his appeal is just honestly broader than Frank's. $2500 is definitely a high price, but its reasonable for that type of item.

Now, the above statement is based on the jersey being legitimate. If its an item that was never really game used or if the Sox had it lettered after he was gone, then its $2300 overpriced. I didn't get a good look at the tags when I was there.

There were 5 or 6 of his jersey's there, and each one was marked the same, $2,500. All were marked as being gamed used, whatever that means.

Bru

Brian26
01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
There were 5 or 6 of his jersey's there, and each one was marked the same, $2,500. All were marked as being gamed used, whatever that means.

Bru

All home jerseys? Or a couple of road, a couple of home white and a couple of black alternates?

I can't imagine the Sox would have made more than three sets for him in his two months here.

gr8mexico
01-30-2010, 04:25 PM
All home jerseys? Or a couple of road, a couple of home white and a couple of black alternates?

I can't imagine the Sox would have made more than three sets for him in his two months here.
Yup and I'm sure Griffey took the one he used the most with him.

BainesHOF
02-01-2010, 01:26 AM
There was one Griffey jersey that showed use and I bought it. It was a Cool Base Set 1 home white. Every photo and baseball card that I've seen of him wearing a home white uniform matches the jersey, and that includes playoff photos. Going by that and judging by the use the jersey exhibits, I think it's very possible, even likely, that it's the only home white jersey that Griffey wore.

I've heard that his Set 1 alternate black jersey is displayed in the Scout Seats Lounge memorabilia display. If it's true that Griffey wore only Set 1 of each jersey, then that leaves his grey road jersey as the only one that's not accounted for.

I'm thrilled to have the jersey. Griffey is the best player I've seen. He's an elite Hall of Famer in the class of Mantle, Mays, etc. I enjoyed watching him play for us even though his bad knee robbed him of his power at the time. I'll always remember him throwing out the runner at home in the Blackout game.

Collectors of big-name jerseys would probably want a Mariners or even perhaps a Reds example of a Griffey jersey, though I don't think a Sox jersey of his would be valued any less. In fact, a Sox jersey might be even worth more to Griffey collectors who seek a jersey of his from each team. If there's only three game-used Sox Griffey jerseys in existence (and even if he wore twice that number), then a Sox jersey could command a considerable premium.

gr8mexico
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
There was one Griffey jersey that showed use and I bought it. It was a Cool Base Set 1 home white. Every photo and baseball card that I've seen of him wearing a home white uniform matches the jersey, and that includes playoff photos. Going by that and judging by the use the jersey exhibits, I think it's very possible, even likely, that it's the only home white jersey that Griffey wore.

I've heard that his Set 1 alternate black jersey is displayed in the Scout Seats Lounge memorabilia display. If it's true that Griffey wore only Set 1 of each jersey, then that leaves his grey road jersey as the only one that's not accounted for.

I'm thrilled to have the jersey. Griffey is the best player I've seen. He's an elite Hall of Famer in the class of Mantle, Mays, etc. I enjoyed watching him play for us even though his bad knee robbed him of his power at the time. I'll always remember him throwing out the runner at home in the Blackout game.

Collectors of big-name jerseys would probably want a Mariners or even perhaps a Reds example of a Griffey jersey, though I don't think a Sox jersey of his would be valued any less. In fact, a Sox jersey might be even worth more to Griffey collectors who seek a jersey of his from each team. If there's only three game-used Sox Griffey jerseys in existence (and even if he wore twice that number), then a Sox jersey could command a considerable premium.
I totally agree with you.
When Griffey collectors realize that they cant find a White Sox jersey of his with use they will pay a good price to get one.