PDA

View Full Version : Is A Gullien Family Reality Show On The Horizon?

tick53
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
My brother told me yesterday that he heard that there may be a reality show coming to the MLB Network that would feature Ozzie and the Guillen family. I have never watched a reality program but if this happened, I'd tune in for sure.

Has anyone heard anything on this rumor? It would be cool if it happened and what better a baseball celeb to use than Ozzie and his family.

Jim Shorts
01-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Being a lifelong Ozzie fan and defender since 2004, I have to say there's no way this turns out well.

Ozzie, just say no

soltrain21
01-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Being a lifelong Ozzie fan and defender since 2004, I have to say there's no way this turns out well.

Ozzie, just say no

Why? He has a ton of personality and is a very funny guy. You are acting like he has this terribly dark home life or something. I can say with the best of knowledge that he doesn't.

tick53
01-20-2010, 01:42 PM

Ozzie, just say no

Oz would be hilarious and the kids are personalities onto themselves. And lokk at the national pub that the Sox could receive. Again, I'm not certain that it's true but my brother who's pretty sharp said he heard it.

DirtySox
01-20-2010, 01:42 PM
He was probably referring to this article, mentioning a theoretical reality show about the Guillen family.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100116&content_id=7928768&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

dickallen15
01-20-2010, 01:47 PM
I tell you one thing, making a few Sox roadtrips during the Guillen era, Ozzie Jr. would provide some ratings.

tick53
01-20-2010, 01:52 PM
He was probably referring to this article, mentioning a theoretical reality show about the Guillen family.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100116&content_id=7928768&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Thanks for the linkage!:smile:

gr8mexico
01-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I tell you one thing, making a few Sox roadtrips during the Guillen era, Ozzie Jr. would provide some ratings.
I hope not, Guillen Jr is the biggest *******s in the world. He is one of those kids that expects everything in the world because of his Dad.

voodoochile
01-20-2010, 02:17 PM
It will be interesting to see if Mrs. Guillen will get mad if one of the kids brings back a bag of Dorito's as well as the rest of the shopping list she gave them...

"I make out the ****ing shopping list!" she screamed causing the censor to bleep vainly as the switch board started lighting up with parents upset that Little Timmy had been exposed to such horrible language...

Jim Shorts
01-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Why? He has a ton of personality and is a very funny guy. You are acting like he has this terribly dark home life or something. I can say with the best of knowledge that he doesn't.

Because nothing ever good happens to people on reality shows. Ever.

I don't disagree that it would be entertaining and draw ratings. I just don't look forward to reading the final chapter of that book.

Quite honestly, outside of the selfish view (I am NOT calling anyone selfish here) of just wanting to watch it for yourselves, what's the payoff?

Press for the organization? Meh.

soltrain21
01-20-2010, 02:30 PM

I don't disagree that it would be entertaining and draw ratings. I just don't look forward to reading the final chapter of that book.

Quite honestly, outside of the selfish view (I am NOT calling anyone selfish here) of just wanting to watch it for yourselves, what's the payoff?

What the hell are you talking about?

PalehosePlanet
01-20-2010, 02:40 PM

He's probably saying that people act differently when they know there is a camera in front of them and most times come off looking like *******s and TMZ fodder.

BleacherBandit
01-20-2010, 02:40 PM

I agree with him. It's not like this show will be a contest, like Survivor. The only thing that will happen is that the whole world will know what the inside of Ozzie's house looks like and how he interacts with his family.

Jim Shorts
01-20-2010, 02:41 PM

Answer the question I posed...

Outside of you WANTING to watch it, what's the payoff?

If you question the line in my post that you bolded, then really what's the point of continuing this with you. Or, even better, name for me one situation where a warm and fuzzy conclusion came from a reality show that was not a "reality game show" (i.e. there was not a monetary prize awarded to the winner)

It's my opinion that this scenario would not end well. It appears to be your opinion that you want to watch it.

Neither of us are wrong in that.

Rocky Soprano
01-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Ozzie Jr actually has talked twitted about this rumor:

http://twitter.com/oguillenjr

Wonder who the ESPN 1000 source is on the Guillen reality show. At EBC gym and that's all people are askingThe Guillen family getting a reality tv show? According to AFTERNOONSALOON this has been happening. Well?

soltrain21
01-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Answer the question I posed...

Outside of you WANTING to watch it, what's the payoff?

If you question the line in my post that you bolded, then really what's the point of continuing this with you. Or, even better, name for me one situation where a warm and fuzzy conclusion came from a reality show that was not a "reality game show" (i.e. there was not a monetary prize awarded to the winner)

It's my opinion that this scenario would not end well. It appears to be your opinion that you want to watch it.

Neither of us are wrong in that.

Because I think the show would be funny and make me laugh. It's called entertainment. You know, entertainment? The same reason you are on this message board or follow a sport.

And a warm and fuzzy conclusion? I'd say The Osbournes had a warm and fuzzy conclusion. Look how much the kids have cleaned up their lives.

GoGoCrede
01-20-2010, 04:49 PM
I will watch every week. Sounds hilarious. Make it happen.

JermaineDye05
01-20-2010, 04:54 PM
I read the article and doesn't sound as if it's actually happening but just seeing that and Guillen reality show would be a good thing for TV. I don't think any show is really on the horizon.

pythons007
01-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Outside of White Sox fans will anyone understand a word that comes out of Ozzie's mouth? Sometimes I don't even know what the hell he is saying.

getonbckthr
01-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Outside of White Sox fans will anyone understand a word that comes out of Ozzie's mouth? Sometimes I don't even know what the hell he is saying.
Did we understand Ozzy Osbourne? I just hope Oney doesn't follow Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian and have have a sex tape come out to spike ratings.

Jim Shorts
01-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Because I think the show would be funny and make me laugh. It's called entertainment. You know, entertainment? The same reason you are on this message board or follow a sport.

And a warm and fuzzy conclusion? I'd say The Osbournes had a warm and fuzzy conclusion. Look how much the kids have cleaned up their lives.

...And I'm done with you in this thread...If you want that for the White Sox and a lifer in the uniform, I can't help you, friend.

GoGoCrede
01-20-2010, 09:17 PM
...And I'm done with you in this thread...If you want that for the White Sox and a lifer in the uniform, I can't help you, friend.

I'm not sure where the idea that this would be harmful to the team came from. At worst, it would portray Ozzie and his family negatively. It would hardly turn people off to the team, because I doubt they'd film the team a lot. And it would keep the team's name in the press, especially if it was a hit. How is that bad?

You seemed to dismiss the idea of more publicity for the team earlier in this thread, but it's definitely a big "payoff." For example, the casual viewer might see Ozzie wearing a Sox cap, like the design and then go to MLB.com and buy one. That kind of thing. Don't underestimate the power of the casual fanbase. Hell, my mother really only knows who the Saints are because of Keeping Up With the Kardashians (one of them is dating Reggie Bush).

Jim Shorts
01-20-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure where the idea that this would be harmful to the team came from. At worst, it would portray Ozzie and his family negatively. It would hardly turn people off to the team, because I doubt they'd film the team a lot. And it would keep the team's name in the press, especially if it was a hit. How is that bad?

You seemed to dismiss the idea of more publicity for the team earlier in this thread, but it's definitely a big "payoff." For example, the casual viewer might see Ozzie wearing a Sox cap, like the design and then go to MLB.com and buy one. That kind of thing. Don't underestimate the power of the casual fanbase. Hell, my mother really only knows who the Saints are because of Keeping Up With the Kardashians (one of them is dating Reggie Bush).

I guess I will just have to agree to disagree here in this thread....I will not go into why. I simply disagree that anything, anything good comes from reality shows. I feel the same would hold true for both Ozzie and the Sox under this scenario, JMHO.

Danielgosox38
01-20-2010, 09:25 PM
This would be an awesome show. I don't see why it would be a terrible idea at all. Lighten up people.

Boondock Saint
01-20-2010, 09:47 PM

Do you have anything to back this up with? To me, it seems as if you think that because Ozzie is being considered for a reality show, that he or his family is going to become an embarrassment to you or Sox fans.

Jim Shorts
01-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Do you have anything to back this up with? To me, it seems as if you think that because Ozzie is being considered for a reality show, that he or his family is going to become an embarrassment to you or Sox fans.

I said it's just opinion. My opinion. Paint the room and me in any corner you want.

I'll state again that I have trouble seeing any kind of payoff from the scenario happening. That should be the point of contention...what's the benefit? To Ozzie, the Guillen Family, the White Sox Organization?

The point shouldn't be why I disagree....

34 Inch Stick
01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Awesome. A vehicle for Ozzie's attention whoring and undertalented sons to get some publicity.

michned
01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
This would be an awesome show. I don't see why it would be a terrible idea at all. Lighten up people.

I agree. Don't forget people, these reality shows are all contrived anyway. Do you really think that MLB would air something that would cause itself a lot of embarrassment?

However, it would be fun to watch the outtakes from a show like this.