PDA

View Full Version : Sox Tickets go on Sale to the public Feb 12.

ewokpelts
01-20-2010, 12:13 PM
I wrote this for a yelp thread, but it works here too:

Tickets go on sale to the General Public on Friday, Feb 12 at 10AM Central Time. Online at http://www.whitesox.com (http://www.yelp.com/redir?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.whitesox.com) and at 1-866-SOX-GAME phone orders ONLY.

Sox Box Office@ 333 W. 35th St. wont open for 2010 ticket sales until Sat Feb 13th at 10AM.

Here's the PRE-SALE dates:

Full AND Split Season Ticketholders: Feb 8 @ 10AM ONLINE ONLY

Ozzie Plan Holders: Feb 9 @10AM ONLINE ONLY

Sox Pride Club Members: Feb 10 @10AM ONLINE ONLY

Black List(Sox Newsletter) members: Feb 11 @10AM ONLINE ONLY

The best chance at Cubs/Sox tix or Opening Day are if you have a ticket plan of any sort. But They do set aside tix for all the presales.

Ticketbastard fees apply for Phone and Online orders. No fees at Sox Box Office.

You can use an MLB.COM Gift Card on online orders, but NOT at the box office.

White Sox gift cards can be used at the Box Office , but NOT online.

Sox also accept Comiskey Cash for ticket sales at the Box Office ONLY.

GoGoCrede
01-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I'll be there Opening Day. :bandance: I hope I can get tickets; I saw some listed on stubhub already.

Edit - Yikes, the odds aren't looking too good for me. I hope I can get seats somewhere.

SephClone89
01-20-2010, 12:24 PM
I am in class at 10 on the day of the Blacklist presale.

Though, I do have a friend in my class who could take the notes for me...

I'll just be going for the two 1/2 price Mondays in July on this day. I'm going to try for sections 144 and 120, the last "lower box" seats before they become "premium," and therefore the best seats available for half-price on these days.

The other days I'm fine on StubHub. You can save a ton of money for just a couple in the upper deck, and oftentimes the odd single in the lower deck or bleachers.

Preliminarily, I'll be checking out StubHub for the weekend I get back from school (I'll be done by May 6th), and maybe MAYBE the opening weekend, if I can get back for a couple of days.

beasly213
01-20-2010, 12:30 PM
I'll be there Opening Day. :bandance: I hope I can get tickets; I saw some listed on stubhub already.

Edit - Yikes, the odds aren't looking too good for me. I hope I can get seats somewhere.

You should be able to. Stubhub isn't a good indication of high how ticket prices are. Especially this early.

GoGoCrede
01-20-2010, 12:33 PM
You should be able to. Stubhub isn't a good indication of high how ticket prices are. Especially this early.

I was going to ask one of my friends to go with me, but none of them are big enough Sox fans to drop the kind of money I saw on Stubhub, which averaged about $100 for bleacher seats....does that sound about right? I've never gone to Opening Day before. It's going to be my 22nd birthday present from my parents.

ewokpelts
01-20-2010, 01:53 PM
I am in class at 10 on the day of the Blacklist presale.

Though, I do have a friend in my class who could take the notes for me...

I'll just be going for the two 1/2 price Mondays in July on this day. I'm going to try for sections 144 and 120, the last "lower box" seats before they become "premium," and therefore the best seats available for half-price on these days.

The other days I'm fine on StubHub. You can save a ton of money for just a couple in the upper deck, and oftentimes the odd single in the lower deck or bleachers.

Preliminarily, I'll be checking out StubHub for the weekend I get back from school (I'll be done by May 6th), and maybe MAYBE the opening weekend, if I can get back for a couple of days.1/2 price mondays dont sell too fast.

twinsuck
01-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Last year I just waited until the day before to get opening day tickets. It wasn't hard at all.

chisoxfanatic
01-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I was going to ask one of my friends to go with me, but none of them are big enough Sox fans to drop the kind of money I saw on Stubhub, which averaged about $100 for bleacher seats....does that sound about right? I've never gone to Opening Day before. It's going to be my 22nd birthday present from my parents.
It's common for season ticket holders to post their tickets for sale before they physically get them in March. Like beasley said, don't let that be a gauge on how many tickets are left for Opening Day. You should be fine!

KenBerryGrab
01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
1/2 price mondays dont sell too fast.

Actually, on the presales I have found that they do go quickly. Not Cubs-Sox fast, but you don't want to snooze on them.

ewokpelts
01-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Actually, on the presales I have found that they do go quickly. Not Cubs-Sox fast, but you don't want to snooze on them.presale inventory is different than regular inventory.

Jason82807
01-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Actually, on the presales I have found that they do go quickly. Not Cubs-Sox fast, but you don't want to snooze on them.

They go quickly, but not that quickly through the pre-sales because the fees eat up a lot of the discount. Since there are only 3 half priced Mondays this year, your best bet is to go to the ballpark and buy them as soon as the ballpark box office opens (should be Feb 13, the day after the public online on-sale date). This way you can still get decent seats without the fees. They often sell out if you wait til day of game.

Rdy2PlayBall
01-20-2010, 07:27 PM
I need to get the Sox pride club memberships for me and my grandpa.... Does the premium membership get you into the Grinder Bash? If not.. what's it good for?

Jason82807
01-20-2010, 07:42 PM
I need to get the Sox pride club memberships for me and my grandpa.... Does the premium membership get you into the Grinder Bash? If not.. what's it good for?

There are three tiers of memberships and none of them get you into Grinder Bash as far as I know. The benefits of each are listed here:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/spc/index.jsp

SephClone89
01-20-2010, 08:31 PM
They go quickly, but not that quickly through the pre-sales because the fees eat up a lot of the discount. Since there are only 3 half priced Mondays this year, your best bet is to go to the ballpark and buy them as soon as the ballpark box office opens (should be Feb 13, the day after the public online on-sale date). This way you can still get decent seats without the fees. They often sell out if you wait til day of game.

I'd do that but I'm off-planet down here in central IL. Fees do suck, especially after mostly switching over to StubHub last season.

ewokpelts
01-21-2010, 09:28 AM
I need to get the Sox pride club memberships for me and my grandpa.... Does the premium membership get you into the Grinder Bash? If not.. what's it good for?The "ULTIMATE" membership gives you 2 tickets to a game with patio passes. no grinder bash, but bertucci food nonetheless.

ewokpelts
01-21-2010, 09:29 AM
I'd do that but I'm off-planet down here in central IL. Fees do suck, especially after mostly switching over to StubHub last season.
you should either invest in a st/ozzie package, or make a friend that has ST here, and have them order you tix through sox charge.

ewokpelts
02-11-2010, 09:01 AM
link to the shopping cart. good for the presale OR general onsale date.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/shoppinglist/04004443CED533FB