PDA

View Full Version : Did you get this as a Sox Pride Club member?

grenda12
01-19-2010, 07:36 PM
I found this pin on eBay. It says it was given out to this year Sox Pride Club members. Have you gotten it?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/grenda12/MBPG.jpg

DumpJerry
01-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Yes. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117487)

grenda12
01-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Yes. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117487)

Thank you.

nitetrain8601
01-19-2010, 07:58 PM
I received it, and it's not even that big. I'm definitely not joining this year.

TornLabrum
01-19-2010, 11:12 PM
I got mine on the second attempt after a machine in the post office shredded the first envelope.

ewokpelts
01-20-2010, 09:51 AM
I received it, and it's not even that big. I'm definitely not joining this year.2010 club has postseason ticket options attached.....

GlassSox
01-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes

ewokpelts
01-29-2010, 12:17 PM
i got an extra one at soxfest. They were using it as a freebie to lur ebuyers for the 2010 club. as i already renewed, the lady sent me one.

also, the guy that sells pins every year had them for $4 each

Rdy2PlayBall
01-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Is the most expensive one worth it? Is there anything special I get to go too... or is guaranteed?

ewokpelts
01-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Is the most expensive one worth it? Is there anything special I get to go too... or is guaranteed?www.soxprideclub.com (http://www.soxprideclub.com)

that said...you get a playoff option through the two higher tiers, and you get a patio party with your ultimate tier purchase....

i view the ultimate tier as getting a discounted patio party(the normal price on 2 patio passes is $80, not counting game ticket costs) for $100 and paying $35 for the membership i was already getting but upgraded.

here's the ultimate perks that ar enot include din the home run tier(grand slam tier gets playoff options and ozzie photo):

8x10 "Welcome to the SPC" photo
Two guaranteed Patio Party/Lower Reserved tickets to a select 2010 White Sox Prime home game
Postseason ticket opportunity
Select promotional opportunity to deliver the White Sox lineup card during a select 2010 White Sox home game
Select promotional opportunity to attend White Sox batting practice prior to a select 2010 White Sox home game
Opportunity to purchase tickets for exclusive in-stadium membership events, including special SPC Days
Autographed Ozzie Guillen photo
Opportunity to take a free U.S. Cellular Field tour
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/fan_forum/spc/y2010/sox_logo_133X120.gif This year's Sox Pride Club - the official online fan club of White Sox Baseball - features all of the membership privileges you've enjoyed in the past, but with a new membership level and more exclusive offers and perks than ever before! Renew, join or give as a gift!
Members will continue to receive presale and other ticketing opportunities, audio, a special SPC headquarters on whitesox.com and all the perks from 2009. But in 2010, we're adding an Ultimate Membership level - featuring guaranteed tickets to a 2010 White Sox regular-season Prime game - as well as more in-stadium events and (for Ultimate and Grand Slam members) membership souvenirs.
Members will enjoy the privileges of membership and exclusive perks throughout the season. There's never been a better time to join, re-join or give a fellow Sox fan a 2010 Sox Pride Club membership - so give it as a gift or sign yourself up today!
GET MORE BENEFIT DETAILS (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/spc/details.jsp)
Purchase Now (https://secure.mlb.com/enterworkflow.do?flowId=registration.logout&forwardUrl=/enterworkflow.do?flowId=commerce.cart.clubMembersh ip&campaignCode=CWS_2007_SPC_MEMBERSHIP&voucherCode=CWS_2007_SPC_MEMBERSHIP_VOCHR&keepWfParams=true&c_id=cws)

Rdy2PlayBall
01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
www.soxprideclub.com (http://www.soxprideclub.com)

that said...you get a playoff option through the two higher tiers, and you get a patio party with your ultimate tier purchase....

i view the ultimate tier as getting a discounted patio party(the normal price on 2 patio passes is $80, not counting game ticket costs) for $100 and paying $35 for the membership i was already getting but upgraded.

here's the ultimate perks that ar enot include din the home run tier(grand slam tier gets playoff options and ozzie photo):

8x10 "Welcome to the SPC" photo
Two guaranteed Patio Party/Lower Reserved tickets to a select 2010 White Sox Prime home game
Postseason ticket opportunity
Select promotional opportunity to deliver the White Sox lineup card during a select 2010 White Sox home game
Select promotional opportunity to attend White Sox batting practice prior to a select 2010 White Sox home game
Opportunity to purchase tickets for exclusive in-stadium membership events, including special SPC Days
Autographed Ozzie Guillen photo
Opportunity to take a free U.S. Cellular Field tour

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/fan_forum/spc/y2010/sox_logo_133X120.gif This year's Sox Pride Club - the official online fan club of White Sox Baseball - features all of the membership privileges you've enjoyed in the past, but with a new membership level and more exclusive offers and perks than ever before! Renew, join or give as a gift!
Members will continue to receive presale and other ticketing opportunities, audio, a special SPC headquarters on whitesox.com and all the perks from 2009. But in 2010, we're adding an Ultimate Membership level - featuring guaranteed tickets to a 2010 White Sox regular-season Prime game - as well as more in-stadium events and (for Ultimate and Grand Slam members) membership souvenirs.
Members will enjoy the privileges of membership and exclusive perks throughout the season. There's never been a better time to join, re-join or give a fellow Sox fan a 2010 Sox Pride Club membership - so give it as a gift or sign yourself up today!
GET MORE BENEFIT DETAILS (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/spc/details.jsp)
Purchase Now (https://secure.mlb.com/enterworkflow.do?flowId=registration.logout&forwardUrl=/enterworkflow.do?flowId=commerce.cart.clubMembersh ip&campaignCode=CWS_2007_SPC_MEMBERSHIP&voucherCode=CWS_2007_SPC_MEMBERSHIP_VOCHR&keepWfParams=true&c_id=cws)
Thanks that really helped a lot. I saw the site, but your first part showed me what I'm basically getting for the money. I don't think I will get it... but there is still a chance I will. In 2008 I was able to get playoff tickets and I bought them like 3 hours after I saw them... So I'm sure their will be available ones this year also. If not, I can always buy my World Series tickets off stubhub :redneck

Brian26
01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
www.soxprideclub.com (http://www.soxprideclub.com)

that said...you get a playoff option through the two higher tiers

Does anyone really know what this "playoff option" really means? Does the fine print say you are entitled to purchase tickets, or does it just mean you get a chance to buy tickets by having your name thrown into a pool?

oeo
01-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Does anyone really know what this "playoff option" really means? Does the fine print say you are entitled to purchase tickets, or does it just mean you get a chance to buy tickets by having your name thrown into a pool?

Probably something like that, or a select number of tickets and first come first served, i.e., you don't stand much of a chance. I doubt $35 is going to get you guaranteed postseason tickets.

Brian26
01-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Probably something like that, or a select number of tickets and first come first served, i.e., you don't stand much of a chance. I doubt $35 is going to get you guaranteed postseason tickets.

Exactly my point. I wouldn't buy this membership expecting to get playoff tickets if the Sox make it. I'm reminded of some problems with the Pride Club last year (or the year before) where members were supposed to get first crack at Cubs/Sox tickets and completely got shut out.

oeo
01-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Exactly my point. I wouldn't buy this membership expecting to get playoff tickets if the Sox make it. I'm reminded of some problems with the Pride Club last year (or the year before) where members were supposed to get first crack at Cubs/Sox tickets and completely got shut out.

Having had the membership a few years ago, I think it was the first year, they just had a very small number of tickets that could be bought for those games.

I still don't think this is worth it, yet the price keeps going up every year. I think I paid like $12.95 that first year and it came with Gameday Audio which was $9.95 alone. That was the best deal.

ewokpelts
02-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Does anyone really know what this "playoff option" really means? Does the fine print say you are entitled to purchase tickets, or does it just mean you get a chance to buy tickets by having your name thrown into a pool?nothing mentioned explicitly. i assume it'll be a presale for playoff tickets.

as a season ticket holder, i get my alloted postseason games as well as a presale(as of 2008). this is just a bonus, as i get the soxpride club every years anyways. i did the ultimate package to get a cheap patio party out of it.

ewokpelts
02-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Exactly my point. I wouldn't buy this membership expecting to get playoff tickets if the Sox make it. I'm reminded of some problems with the Pride Club last year (or the year before) where members were supposed to get first crack at Cubs/Sox tickets and completely got shut out.Sox pride club sells 20 tix per game in sec 159, and they started selling extra seats for average demand prime games.

Hitmen77
02-04-2010, 10:43 AM
They have some interesting options for the Sox Pride Club this year.

The Grand Slam membership gives you opportunities to buy Premium Lower Box tickets for some games during the season. I guess the usefulness of that depends on whether it's only for games for which you could pretty much get PLB tickets on StubHub for close to face value.

Nice that there is a post-season ticket opportunity too. But I'm not banking on ever using that if the Sox think Jones/Kotsay is the answer to our missing bat in the middle of our lineup

oeo
02-04-2010, 03:31 PM
nothing mentioned explicitly. i assume it'll be a presale for playoff tickets.

as a season ticket holder, i get my alloted postseason games as well as a presale(as of 2008). this is just a bonus, as i get the soxpride club every years anyways. i did the ultimate package to get a cheap patio party out of it.

As a season ticket holder, you're also forking over a lot of money. I doubt you're going to get a presale for $35 (I understand you got the bigger one, but the $35 one also has 'postseason ticket opportunity'). Maybe a presale with like 100 tickets sold.

ewokpelts
02-04-2010, 03:57 PM
As a season ticket holder, you're also forking over a lot of money. I doubt you're going to get a presale for $35 (I understand you got the bigger one, but the $35 one also has 'postseason ticket opportunity'). Maybe a presale with like 100 tickets sold.all presales are limited inventory. probably 20-50 tix per game. but if you were buying the 35 dollar membership anyways, it's a huge perk to even get a "chance" at playoff tix.

the club has been upgraded to justify the $35 fee.

salty99
02-04-2010, 04:56 PM
I am thinking of joining but whenever I e-mail the soxpride people I never get a response, so that doesn't exactly inspire confidence that this whole thing is run very well.

Cat Thief
02-04-2010, 05:31 PM

I still don't think this is worth it, yet the price keeps going up every year. I think I paid like $12.95 that first year and it came with Gameday Audio which was $9.95 alone. That was the best deal.

Agreed.

Keep the Patio Party, it's really not that good. IMO that whole area needs some serious renovating.

You can get regular season tickets at face value or 1/2 off most of the time if you look hard enough. I don't need any special ticket opportunities. However, I will be subscribing to Gameday Audio.

ewokpelts
02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
I am thinking of joining but whenever I e-mail the soxpride people I never get a response, so that doesn't exactly inspire confidence that this whole thing is run very well.you can always call the sox and ask to speak to whitesox.com staffers

Cat Thief
02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I am thinking of joining but whenever I e-mail the soxpride people I never get a response, so that doesn't exactly inspire confidence that this whole thing is run very well.

Funny you say that, check this out from a couple of years ago when they double charged me. Almost 2 months for a refund.

03/29/2008 01:53 AM
Dear Dave;

Thank you for contacting us. Just to let you know I have put in a refund request for your Sox Membership..if this is incorrect please feel free to contact our office

05/21/08
Dear Valued Subscriber:
Your request for a refund in connection with your Sox Pride Club Basic Auto Renewal subscription has been approved and a credit in the amount of 19.95 will appear on the statement of the credit card to which you were being billed.

OzzieBall2004
02-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Funny you say that, check this out from a couple of years ago when they double charged me. Almost 2 months for a refund.

03/29/2008 01:53 AM
Dear Dave;

Thank you for contacting us. Just to let you know I have put in a refund request for your Sox Membership..if this is incorrect please feel free to contact our office

05/21/08
Dear Valued Subscriber:
Your request for a refund in connection with your Sox Pride Club Basic Auto Renewal subscription has been approved and a credit in the amount of 19.95 will appear on the statement of the credit card to which you were being billed.

Online transactions not run through Ticketmaster are handled by MLB.com, so I assume that's who sent these emails. The White Sox are fairly old school when it comes to customer service, so your best bet is always calling them and asking to speak with the person who's in charge of a program.

yazz32
02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I just signed up for the Grand Slam (middle tier) $34.95 one.

I could not find a good reason to go with the Ultimate Package $134.95 one.

Hitmen77
04-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Update:

I did get a Grand Slam membership ($35). So far, they have offered me a chance to buy tickets in the "Pride Club" section (lower reserved) for April and May games. Plus they had a sale premium lower box tickets for April games.

Also, this package comes with the "At Bat" version of MLB's Gameday (including live audio feed and video highlights).

I don't need the live audio feed because I get it through At Bat on the ipod touch, but so far I'm satisfied with what I'm getting for $35.