PDA

View Full Version : 2 years

cheeses_h_rice
06-13-2002, 03:18 PM
Just remembering that it was about 2 years ago that I first posted on the ESPN troll board (actually, late May), joining what would become the group led by FWC that discovered PHG's site on the Rivals network shortly thereafter.

I can't believe it's only been 2 years. Seems like ages.

:gulp:

FarWestChicago
06-13-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

:gulp: It does seem like those days were long ago. :smile:

Iwritecode
06-14-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
It does seem like those days were long ago. :smile:

(breaks into off-key singing)

Memories...

OK, that's enough. Well, considering that most of us our on here just about every day talking to each other, it does seem like it was quite awhile ago. We seem to be missing a couple people though (Rio, Dagobeef, I_ate_canada...) mooch is still around every once in a while. I remember that I only found the troll board because we had just gotten internet access at work and I got bored at lunch and decided to find some info about the Sox. I'm sure glad I did. :smile:

Daver
06-14-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Just remembering that it was about 2 years ago that I first posted on the ESPN troll board (actually, late May), joining what would become the group led by FWC that discovered PHG's site on the Rivals network shortly thereafter.

I missed that migration by about 5 months,when I bought my first computer.In that time I have actually learned how to use one somewhat.

LongDistanceFan
06-14-2002, 01:39 AM
man those were great nights talking to you guy and to dago beef, listening to his stories and most of all the night i found another name for "dsl"........ yup........ for me this is a great group of posters.....
phg sage like wisdom :D: ok forgot the teal
fwc quick finger for shooting down the trolls and boy they did try hard in those days.......... i guess they finally gave up
iwc art work and his site on the flubs.......... is it still up?
davers knowing who i was on the espn sox board. :D: i even forgot my name now ........ whoseyourdaddy or something like that.
cerb, wu, kemper and many more from that time oops i forgot pete and randar
i remember my first fight with the lawyer> sonny something
my second fight with randar
a great collection of posters.............. thanks everyone esp when i was going thru some rough times when i was retiring and later when i went over seas........

and for the new people......... you guys are great as well
jm, clr, vic and yes my old fighting partner mm23 (if you are 1/2 as true as a pacifist then you are an outstanding human being..... too bad he is in fl b/c i think he would never believe i wrote this), spiff or whatever you change your name too, rps something, vc, cheese and toooooo many to mention..........

thanks phg and fwc :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Iwritecode
06-14-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
iwc art work and his site on the flubs.......... is it still up?

Actually, that was/is ihatethecubs. I have no artistic talent... I'm just here to be a smart*ss. Or a dumb*ss, whichever way you want to look at it... :cool:

Also, in response to my first post, I'm pretty sure Voodoo aka JustJim was one of the original converts. Sorry, my memory is getting bad in my old age. :D:

Jerry_Manuel
06-14-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I'm just here to be a smart*ss. Or a dumb*ss, whichever way you want to look at it. Sorry, my memory is getting bad in my old age. :D:

Dumb and old, check. :D:

LongDistanceFan
06-14-2002, 12:27 PM

Actually, that was/is ihatethecubs. I have no artistic talent... I'm just here to be a smart*ss. Or a dumb*ss, whichever way you want to look at it... :cool:

Also, in response to my first post, I'm pretty sure Voodoo aka JustJim was one of the original converts. Sorry, my memory is getting bad in my old age. :D: sorry for getting you guys mixed up.......... you all look alike to me :)

oh i came in the middle of it........ you guys were pretty solid here.... either way, it made it easier to get establish here...... if one was a true diehard fan.........

Iwritecode
06-14-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Dumb and old, check. :D:

I guess it's better than being young and ugly. :D:

Daver
06-14-2002, 12:57 PM

Unless your dumb,old,and ugly. :redneck

Jerry_Manuel
06-14-2002, 01:22 PM

That's me!

Dadawg_77
06-14-2002, 02:11 PM
Wow, two years and 100,000 post. I guess that means roughly 1% of them belong to me, while 10% go Jerry_Manuel and his one liners.

I guess my 2 year mark would be sometime in August, when I headed back to school and found the old Rivals site. Didn't post much there, but followed the site to its new an current home.

Iwritecode
06-14-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Wow, two years and 100,000 post. I guess that means roughly 1% of them belong to me, while 10% go Jerry_Manuel and his one liners.

I guess my 2 year mark would be sometime in August, when I headed back to school and found the old Rivals site. Didn't post much there, but followed the site to its new an current home.

Actually, if we counted all the posts from the rivals site the post count would be much higher.

Daver
06-14-2002, 02:43 PM

Actually, if we counted all the posts from the rivals site the post count would be much higher.

You would have to add the posts from the first version of this board also,they are not included in the present total.

Iwritecode
06-14-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by daver
You would have to add the posts from the first version of this board also,they are not included in the present total.

So in other words we are totally underrating ourselves huh? What about any posts that were removed? We are probably closer to 200,000. Not bad for 2 years work.

delben91
06-14-2002, 03:18 PM
I too was a recruit from the old ESPN troll board. I'm much more an in season poster because over the summers at work I can be near a computer much more often rather than stuck in a class or lab up at school. I know I'm not one of the big name posters that draw lots of ire and/or praise, but I'm still glad to be part of the community. Here's to this site, the posters, and especially all those that run it and get that nifty "WSI Staff" logo on their posts.

I salute you all! :gulp: