PDA

View Full Version : The Decision

RKMeibalane
06-13-2002, 12:07 PM
The following is from the Daily Southtown:

Decisions made

Sox manager Jerry Manuel said right-hander Todd Ritchie will start Sunday against the Cubs, meaning Gary Glover's turn will be skipped and he will work out of the bullpen.

Paul Konerko likely will get the nod at first base Friday, with Frank Thomas available as a pinch hitter.

"I'll probably go with Paul," Manuel said. "I want us to have that defense (at first base) in that opening game."

Manuel likely will start Thomas on Saturday against Cubs starter Jon Lieber. The last time Thomas faced Lieber, in 2000, Thomas homered off him. Konerko likely will start Sunday against Kerry Wood because he's the best fastball hitter on the team.

TheBigHurt
06-13-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The following is from the Daily Southtown:

Decisions made

Sox manager Jerry Manuel said right-hander Todd Ritchie will start Sunday against the Cubs, meaning Gary Glover's turn will be skipped and he will work out of the bullpen.

Paul Konerko likely will get the nod at first base Friday, with Frank Thomas available as a pinch hitter.

"I'll probably go with Paul," Manuel said. "I want us to have that defense (at first base) in that opening game."

Manuel likely will start Thomas on Saturday against Cubs starter Jon Lieber. The last time Thomas faced Lieber, in 2000, Thomas homered off him. Konerko likely will start Sunday against Kerry Wood because he's the best fastball hitter on the team.

good decisions jerry.

DrWatson27
06-13-2002, 04:54 PM
We all know this don't mean s**t. Didn't JM say, not less than a week ago, that Choice had been demoted for a while-LIKE ONLY 2 FRICKIN GAMES! I don't trust any roster moves JM tells the media he's going to make anymore.

Daver
06-13-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by DrWatson27
We all know this don't mean s**t. Didn't JM say, not less than a week ago, that Choice had been demoted for a while-LIKE ONLY 2 FRICKIN GAMES! I don't trust any roster moves JM tells the media he's going to make anymore.

Buddy was in the line-up because Leiter is the only pitcher he seems to dominate,he is 6-9 against him in his career.

:buddylee

Take that Al!