PDA

View Full Version : Paul Konerko, Gordon Beckham, (and Jim Thome)

twinslayer
01-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I check www.csac.biz every once in a while and saw that these guys were signing on Wednesday, January 20. If anyone knows the information, I'd gladly appreciate it!

Rohan
01-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I read "singing" instead of "signing". :redface:

I was like NO WAY, That's awesome! What was I thinking?

grenda12
01-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Mods: Please go ahead and delete my post.

oeo
01-16-2010, 01:22 PM
^ That image is requiring you to log in at the website.

Brian26
01-16-2010, 01:34 PM
^ That image is requiring you to log in at the website.

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was getting ready to check my virus software. Thanks for the heads up...I'll fix it right now.

oeo
01-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was getting ready to check my virus software. Thanks for the heads up...I'll fix it right now.

No problem, but just to be clear, the OP didn't post anything malicious. The image that was posted just required you to log in to view it. Their way of not letting you use their images on other websites.

BubblingCalderon
01-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Thome and Konerko are doing a benifit for Childrens home and Aid www.childrenshomeandaid.org (http://www.childrenshomeandaid.org/) Its at US cellular Field and its $75 a ticket. I'm assuming Beckham was added to this but I haven't been able to confirm. I asked some people about this yesterday they said its not a signing event. Basically you can get autographs but its not encouraged. Its more for charity.

Brian26
01-16-2010, 02:17 PM
No problem, but just to be clear, the OP didn't post anything malicious. The image that was posted just required you to log in to view it. Their way of not letting you use their images on other websites.

I'm familiar with that site and it's reputable, but we shouldn't have log-in/password pop-ups floating around. Thanks for the explanation.

DumpJerry
01-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Thome and Konerko are doing a benifit for Childrens home and Aid www.childrenshomeandaid.org (http://www.childrenshomeandaid.org/) Its at US cellular Field and its $75 a ticket. I'm assuming Beckham was added to this but I haven't been able to confirm. I asked some people about this yesterday they said its not a signing event. Basically you can get autographs but its not encouraged. Its more for charity.
Beckham will be at the event, too. I'm a contributor to the organization, so I got the email from them.

They will take your picture with them, but there will be too many people in line to accommodate autographs. If they hang out after everyone has met them, you might be able to get them to sign.

JermaineDye05
01-16-2010, 07:13 PM
I wish I could go. It's been far too long since I've heard this:

4N1iwQxiHrs

twinslayer
01-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Rohan, that's funny, could you imagine them singing? Haha! THanks for the help guys.

mbwhitesox
01-19-2010, 01:33 AM
I went to that event last year, it was a great time. Had a chance to interact with Thome and Konerko a bit. Thome was a really nice guy, very funny and affable. Konerko was also great, but a little more reserved.

The highlight of the event for me was when me and a buddy were sitting down at the bar they had there having a drink and we just happened to look to our right and see none other than Jerry Reinsdorf sitting next to us! No one was paying any attention to him and we had a chance to talk to him for a couple minutes. He is a surprisingly down to earth guy.

There was a small, like 2 minute window to sign autographs, but for the most part it was sternly discouraged. We did have a chance to meet them and take a picture with them. Also one of the White Sox execs let me try on her world series ring which was pretty cool.

Definitely worth going to as it's a great experience and goes to help a great cause.