PDA

View Full Version : Jake Peavy pumped about 2010

hi im skot
01-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Link. (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/1992165,CST-SPT-sox15.article)

Really looking forward to seeing him pitch a whole season with the Sox.

GoGoCrede
01-15-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm pumped too, Jake. Welcome to your first full season on the Southside.

Man, I need baseball now. This offseason has been dull for me. Can't wait for a hot dog and a drink at the Cell.

EDIT: AND he was only 80 percent in the games he pitched for us last year? Mercy me. I LOVE his intense desire for a WS ring, and to do what our boys did in 2005.

SOXfnNlansing
01-15-2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks for posting that. Is it April yet? I'm so excited about baseball now. :bandance:

GoGoCrede
01-15-2010, 01:47 AM
I kind of want him to get the nod Opening Day (I mean, if Gavin's unable to do it) :)

samurai_sox
01-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Can't wait, UNLEASH THE BEAST Peavy!!

guillensdisciple
01-15-2010, 03:31 AM
Wow, I got shivers reading this. I hope all of you guys are ready for a special run by the White Sox this year. 2010 will be special.

HomeFish
01-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Billy Koch was pretty pumped about the 2003 season.

samurai_sox
01-15-2010, 03:49 AM

Billy Koch doesn't have an ounce of talent that Peavy has.

BTW, I think I just found my new sig!

Shoeless_Jeff
01-15-2010, 04:38 AM
I definitely like Peavy's "I want to win" attitude. I can't wait for opening day.

BadBobbyJenks
01-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Just read it and I am ready for pitchers and catchers to report.

NLaloosh
01-15-2010, 07:24 AM
I guess there is a lesson to be learned here for me. I thought Peavy was overpaid and that the Sox gave up too much for him in additon to the contract.

But, I didn't know anything about the man. I only read some stats. There are many players whose impact on a team exceeds their stats.

I was already pumped for 2010 but even more so now.

SoxGirl4Life
01-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I cannot, absolutely CANNOT, wait until baseball starts. Man, I was pumped up before I read this. Now? Bring it ON!

80 days til opening day! Even less for Pitchers and Catchers!

soxfanatlanta
01-15-2010, 07:44 AM
I hope he stays healthy for the whole season - he will have a monster year.

spawn
01-15-2010, 07:58 AM
OK...That got me pumped.

Waysouthsider
01-15-2010, 08:05 AM
I hope he stays healthy for the whole season - he will have a monster year.

ditto that.....:D:

pythons007
01-15-2010, 08:14 AM
If you are a White Sox fan and didn't get goosebumps after reading that article. I question your fandom!:D:

Marqhead
01-15-2010, 09:09 AM
While the title of this article is absolutely ridiculous writing, I'm am psyched to see Peavy pitch and now I'm even more pumped up about spring training and the start of the 2010 season.

Let's hope he has a great one!

TheOldRoman
01-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Billy Koch was pretty pumped about the 2003 season.Not your best work. Next time you should work in how Target Field will become the new house of horrors, and complain that Kevin Slowey is a better pitcher than Peavy for 1/20 the price.

gobears1987
01-15-2010, 09:51 AM

What would we do without you HomeFish?

SOX ADDICT '73
01-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Classic! :thumbsup:

chisoxfanatic
01-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Great article! To think that we have TWO aces on our staff now gives me goosebumps.

g0g0
01-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Man I hope his attitude catches fire in the clubhouse. This guy is intense! He'll be a leader for sure on the team.

voodoochile
01-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Put me in coach. I'm ready to play... TODAY!

Can we just skip February and get to March already? We can make up the month next year, I promise...

North Sox Sider
01-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Does anyone think it is funny on the Sun-Times put this huge picture of Peavy with the line "HEY CHICAGO, WHAT DO YOU SAY?" on the back cover and its the eve of the Cubs Convention. I loved the article!!

CPditka
01-15-2010, 10:34 AM
That was awesome....made me totally forget how bad the bears suck.

Thank you Jake Peavy.

everafan
01-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Link. (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/1992165,CST-SPT-sox15.article)

Really looking forward to seeing him pitch a whole season with the Sox.

Man, I hope the Sox can score some runs for him.

JermaineDye05
01-15-2010, 11:09 AM
I told you guys that you'd love him.

I said it before and I'll say it again, but I have a feeling that Jake's 2010 season will top his 2007 Cy Young year. Hard to top that season but something tells me he will.

In fact, I feel that Jake will become a much better pitcher than he was in the NL. Considering we never saw him with a real contender year in and year out, I feel that we will see a whole new animal.

Look out AL batters, Jake Peavy is here and he wants to bite your ****ing head off.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-15-2010, 11:14 AM
3-0 with a 1.35 ERA at 80% health???? I got goosebumps.

Count me in as being excited for this season. Despite a recession I'm trying to scrape together all my nickels to get an Ozzie plan and get back into the swing of being a ST holder.

Let's go White Sox........!!!!

tstrike2000
01-15-2010, 11:38 AM

The only difference between the two, as minor as it is, is Koch sucked and Peavy's a stud front-line starter.

The Milkman
01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I fist-pumped after reading that.

esbrechtel
01-15-2010, 12:12 PM
my Man-Love for Jake Peavy is about to hit unhealthy levels :redneck

VMSNS
01-15-2010, 12:15 PM
''I told Kenny and Coop that I will do whatever it takes -- good, bad or ugly -- to win,''

This guy is a total badass.

russ99
01-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Does anyone think it is funny on the Sun-Times put this huge picture of Peavy with the line "HEY CHICAGO, WHAT DO YOU SAY?" on the back cover and its the eve of the Cubs Convention. I loved the article!!

Awesome. Great article to cut through the inane wall-to-wall Cub convention coverage...

This is what a true ace brings to the table, not only should his will to win be infectious, but it will spur on our other starters to go beyond too. That's not to say Mark isn't a heck of a pitcher too...

Can't wait to see Jake knock 'em dead on April 6th... :D:

tstrike2000
01-15-2010, 12:18 PM
my Man-Love for Jake Peavy is about to hit unhealthy levels :redneck

:o:

Soxman219
01-15-2010, 12:46 PM
I mean this to the heart, if the White Sox can go injury-free this up coming season, we will see another WS banner being raised next April. 2010 will be special.

JermaineDye05
01-15-2010, 12:58 PM
I mean this to the heart, if the White Sox can go injury-free this up coming season, we will see another WS banner being raised next April. 2010 will be special.

The next four years (assuming they exercise his option which I hope they do) are going to be special with Jake at the head of our rotation.

Nelfox02
01-15-2010, 01:16 PM
nice article, and I am fired up to see what Peavy does next year, and I want to get fired up about the team as a whole but I just cant. Not with the offense as it is now (and to a lesser degree the defense)

I just have a feeling this team cannot score enough runs

Pear-Zin-Ski
01-15-2010, 02:18 PM
At least we have one guy who has the drive to win. I don't want another ho-hum-who-cares attitude like 2009. Maybe Peavy is more of an X-factor than we thought.

tick53
01-15-2010, 02:20 PM
I was just telling my brother and a mutual friend how much I'm looking forward to seeing Big Jake pitch this year. We only had a tiny taste of seeing him on the mound last season. I'm ready, baby! :bandance:

whitem0nkey
01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Sox fans

ON YOUR FEET!

Rdy2PlayBall
01-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Sox fans

ON YOUR FEET!OMG I can't wait for opening day!!!!! :whiner:

twinslayer
01-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Wow, I got shivers reading this. I hope all of you guys are ready for a special run by the White Sox this year. 2010 will be special.

Said that to my friends about a week ago and they laughed and shrugged and said, 'how about the football games?' Sox fans are extremely loyal; all of us here, for sure. I just have this feeling that the Sox will NOT come up short again.

HomeFish
01-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Billy Koch doesn't have an ounce of talent that Peavy has.

I'm just saying, the amount of smack a player talks before the offseason is little indication of anything. Billy Koch and Doug Mientkiewicz ran their mouths a lot in 2003 and neither did squat that year except hurt their teams.

Rdy2PlayBall
01-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Said that to my friends about a week ago and they laughed and shrugged and said, 'how about the football games?' Sox fans are extremely loyal; all of us here, for sure. I just have this feeling that the Sox will NOT come up short again.The only time we came up short was 2006. Every other year since 05' we seemed to go in the season being looked at as a 3rd place team.

Peavy, Rios, Beckham, Teahen, and Pierre ALL for a full year is such a major upgrade it's not even funny. How can those additions and a healthy Quentin not = 15+ more wins than last year? All we can hope for is either a great year from Kotsay or we get Thome back or something.

Frater Perdurabo
01-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Peavy, Rios, Beckham, Teahen, and Pierre ALL for a full year is such a major upgrade it's not even funny. How can those additions and a healthy Quentin not = 15+ more wins than last year? All we can hope for is either a great year from Kotsay or we get Thome back or something.

Adding 15 wins is a stretch. But the changes might net 5-7 more wins.

However, I also think not playing in the DumpDome costs the Twins 5-7 wins.

The combination should give the Sox the inside track to win the division.

oeo
01-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Hey, we have a leader again.

twinsuck
01-15-2010, 11:34 PM
holy crap, I love his drive. That kinda stuff is contagious, I love it.

johnnyg83
01-15-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm not trying to sound hyperbolic, but the starting rotation's potential makes me tingle. We arguably have two #1s and two #2s ...

And depending on the day, both of the #2s can look like a #1.

thomas35forever
01-16-2010, 12:49 AM
This'll be a scary rotation no matter how you look at it. We just need some damn offense.

VMSNS
01-16-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm hoping Beckham and Peavy really start to light a fire under this team. I love PK and everything, but this change in attitude and competitive drive couldn't have come a moment too soon, IMHO.

SoxFan1979
01-16-2010, 05:51 AM
I'm pumped too, Jake. Welcome to your first full season on the Southside.

Man, I need baseball now. This offseason has been dull for me. Can't wait for a hot dog and a drink at the Cell.

EDIT: AND he was only 80 percent in the games he pitched for us last year? Mercy me. I LOVE his intense desire for a WS ring, and to do what our boys did in 2005.

GoGo I'm with you on the dog and 6 drinks at the park. 3 more months that's it!!!

Over By There
01-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Sox fans

ON YOUR FEET!

Okay, the article is tremendous, but I got a little chill when I read that right after the article. :cool: Bring on Opening Day!

Danielgosox38
01-16-2010, 10:23 AM
The pitching staff will be outstanding, but if we go into the season with this absolute ****ing god damn joke that is our current "3 man DH" we will be in trouble.

34rancher
01-16-2010, 10:35 AM
You mean Billy Balco? That guy threw 100+mph in the Bay area, and then when he got here, never topped 92? Things that make you go hmmmm..... Peavy on the other hand has already shown his stuff in Chicago as the same as SD. I'm just glad he likes it here. I also know he loves the fire in Ozzie's and Kenny's minds and hearts. Gotta know that the Chairman has also had a few conversations with him also. Go go Sox...

Although I still think Rios is the key to get on board and going.

cheezheadsoxfan
01-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Man, did that article get me pumped!! Chills indeed.:smile:

Rocky Soprano
01-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Sox fans

ON YOUR FEET!

EKmYlnQv_dg

veeter
01-16-2010, 05:51 PM
The Peavy acquisition happened so quietly. If he was a free agent pick-up, the media would have gone bonkers. It's going to end up being a HUGE trade in White Sox history, IMO. What an article. The guy is awesome.

JermaineDye05
01-16-2010, 06:03 PM
The Peavy acquisition happened so quietly. If he was a free agent pick-up, the media would have gone bonkers. It's going to end up being a HUGE trade in White Sox history, IMO. What an article. The guy is awesome.

I wouldn't call it quiet. The two days that Jake was traded to the Sox, the media pretty much exploded. Especially on the deadline date when he finally accepted. considering it happened 30 seconds or so before the deadline.

asindc
01-16-2010, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't call it quiet. The two days that Jake was traded to the Sox, the media pretty much exploded. Especially on the deadline date when he finally accepted. considering it happened 30 seconds or so before the deadline.

I agree, but I understand the point being made. Most in the media (and many Sox fans as well) seem to view the Peavy deal as being a 2009 stretch drive deal, not a 2010 FA signing. I tend to view it more as the latter, especially since KW approached it that way. I can't tell you how many times I've read that the Sox were mistaken for thinking that Peavy would contribute in 2009, as if he is not signed for the next three years.

Boondock Saint
01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
The pitching staff will be outstanding, but if we go into the season with this absolute ****ing god damn joke that is our current "3 man DH" we will be in trouble.

Contrary to popular belief (based on the number of these pre-pants pissing posts), the 3-4-5 spots in a lineup are not the only hitters in a lineup allowed to drive in runs.

veeter
01-16-2010, 07:42 PM
I agree, but I understand the point being made. Most in the media (and many Sox fans as well) seem to view the Peavy deal as being a 2009 stretch drive deal, not a 2010 FA signing. I tend to view it more as the latter, especially since KW approached it that way. I can't tell you how many times I've read that the Sox were mistaken for thinking that Peavy would contribute in 2009, as if he is not signed for the next three years.Exactly. It was the same thinking with Rios.

RedPinStripes
01-16-2010, 07:53 PM
How long before pitchers and catchers report?:bandance:

GoGoCrede
01-16-2010, 08:58 PM
How long before pitchers and catchers report?:bandance:

36 days till pitchers and catchers report. :D:

79 days till Opening Day.

Danielgosox38
01-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Contrary to popular belief (based on the number of these pre-pants pissing posts), the 3-4-5 spots in a lineup are not the only hitters in a lineup allowed to drive in runs.

So the 3 man DH with Vizquel, Jones, and Kotsay, isn't a terrible idea? Oh okay.

MARTINMVP
01-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Bring April now.

I heard Farmio on with Laurence Holmes last week on WSCR-AM. It was funny how Holmes had to go to a break and was trying to get Farmer off, and Farmer kept talking. At the end though, Farmer was like "and Sox fans, only five weeks away, and we will be in spring training before you know it and we will be back!" Kind of a nice little pep talk, as if, don't worry, the dull winter off-season isn't that much longer.

I hate the off-season.

samurai_sox
01-17-2010, 04:06 AM
Remember we all owe Kenny for bringing Jake here! :clap:

Boondock Saint
01-17-2010, 07:05 AM
So the 3 man DH with Vizquel, Jones, and Kotsay, isn't a terrible idea? Oh okay.

I think your massive, near-coronary level overreaction to the idea is ridiculous, and it certainly isn't an "absolute ****ing god damn joke". You have to realize that not every team in the AL has a tremendous power hitter for a DH.

Danielgosox38
01-17-2010, 07:56 AM
I think your massive, near-coronary level overreaction to the idea is ridiculous, and it certainly isn't an "absolute ****ing god damn joke". You have to realize that not every team in the AL has a tremendous power hitter for a DH.

Well with a rotation that we have, it's an insult to not go out and get a legitimate DH. You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. It just really angers me thinking about going into the season without a DH, considering if we had one, I really think we could win the world series. Hell, re-sign Jim Thome. He's much better than this joke.

I'm not the only one here that feels the 3 man DH is a terrible idea. It doesn't make us pants pissers, it makes us worried about the team, when we know if we had a DH, we could definitely go to the world series. And it isn't JUST only about not having a power hitter. The 3 man DH, consists of 3 bench players. Yeah that is a wonderful idea.

Rounding_Third
01-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Well with a rotation that we have, it's an insult to not go out and get a legitimate DH. You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. It just really angers me thinking about going into the season without a DH, considering if we had one, I really think we could win the world series. Hell, re-sign Jim Thome. He's much better than this joke.

I'm not the only one here that feels the 3 man DH is a terrible idea. It doesn't make us pants pissers, it makes us worried about the team, when we know if we had a DH, we could definitely go to the world series. And it isn't JUST only about not having a power hitter. The 3 man DH, consists of 3 bench players. Yeah that is a wonderful idea.

Me too. What would you think of adding Garret Anderson? It intrigues me....a solid lefty bat, a 5th OF/DH, a Dye-type leader, & a modest salary ($2.5m last year). I could be happy with a Jones/Anderson DH platoon while adding an excellent bench player who can still play his position.

Rounding_Third
01-17-2010, 12:46 PM
I've always loved how our rotation has had this competitive "thing" over the last several years. When someone has a great outing, the next one in line is out to match it...and so on. Peavy raises that bar big time in so many ways. It's going to be fantastic watching Floyd and Danks this year. I think Peavy's going to have a big affect on their maturity. If Gavin continues to raise his killer instincts like he's been doing, he'll be unhittable. Watching & hanging with Peavy will do just that and Gavin's going to have a monster year. What Buehrle has been to Danks, Peavy can be to Floyd.

Coop has got to be in fantasyland.

Craig Grebeck
01-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Seriously, guys. We need to realize that only first-place teams tend to have good designated hitters. Let's get over ourselves.

All hail this front office.

asindc
01-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Seriously, guys. We need to realize that only first-place teams tend to have good designated hitters. Let's get over ourselves.

All hail this front office.

Well, with that said, maybe the Sox should have signed Vlad Guerrero.

Rdy2PlayBall
01-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Well, with that said, maybe the Sox should have signed Vlad Guerrero.Jim Thome would be even better.

Craig Grebeck
01-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Well, with that said, maybe the Sox should have signed Vlad Guerrero.
I said good. Vlad Guerrero wouldn't have been my first choice, especially at $7 million. I would have been fine with LaRoche or Delgado or Thome or Damon, but they seem content at this point with what they've got.

If the season fails, largely because of a lack of a designated hitter, Ozzie has got to go.

asindc
01-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I said good. Vlad Guerrero wouldn't have been my first choice, especially at $7 million. I would have been fine with LaRoche or Delgado or Thome or Damon, but they seem content at this point with what they've got.

If the season fails, largely because of a lack of a designated hitter, Ozzie has got to go.

Yes, I realize you said "good," which is why I posted what I did. The point is that LAAAA hasn't had a good DH for at least two years, yet...

Craig Grebeck
01-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Yes, I realize you said "good," which is why I posted what I did. The point is that LAAAA hasn't had a good DH for at least two years, yet...
Let me know when our defense reaches their level. Theirs hasn't been elite per sť, but very good. Much better than ours.

My point is this: we need a good designated hitter. We've got a pretty good staff, poor defense and an iffy bullpen. So why are we punting on a DH? A quality hitter with good OBP would make this lineup above average, if not good.

asindc
01-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Let me know when our defense reaches their level. Theirs hasn't been elite per sť, but very good. Much better than ours.

My point is this: we need a good designated hitter. We've got a pretty good staff, poor defense and an iffy bullpen. So why are we punting on a DH? A quality hitter with good OBP would make this lineup above average, if not good.

I missed that announcement. When did KW say that?

Craig Grebeck
01-17-2010, 03:44 PM
I missed that announcement. When did KW say that?
Oh for ****'s sake. Okay, why does it seem as though we are punting on a DH?

If we don't, I'll be thrilled. But given the statements of a lot of the front office, it appears we might punt on a DH. If or when that happens, I will be disappointed -- as everyone should be.

Frater Perdurabo
01-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh for ****'s sake. Okay, why does it seem as though we are punting on a DH?

If we don't, I'll be thrilled. But given the statements of a lot of the front office, it appears we might punt on a DH. If or when that happens, I will be disappointed -- as everyone should be.

When was the last time KW telegraphed a move?

I'm not saying KW will acquire another good hitter. But I'm not going to assume what the Sox are saying right now accurately forecasts what they will do in the coming weeks/months.

In addition, I think the Sox can be OK even if they wait until midseason to acquire another hitter.