PDA

View Full Version : Some Reinsdorf Tidbits

DirtySox
01-12-2010, 10:11 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/soxdrawer

Again there is the assertion that Ozzie flat out doesn't want a full time DH.

Some other comments on payroll, Boras, and the pitching staff as well.

It's Dankerific
01-12-2010, 10:19 PM
That would be ok if Ozzie was, you know, accountable.

He's not, so the team needs a damn DH.

DirtySox
01-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Odd.

It isn't there anymore.

DirtySox
01-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Not sure if I'm allowed to quote the article or not but here:

No, you're not.

There was also an embedded video on the page.

DirtySox
01-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Seems to be back up now.

SOXfnNlansing
01-12-2010, 11:55 PM
After reading that it kind of makes you excited about seeing our pitching staff in action now.

DumpJerry
01-13-2010, 12:00 AM
I think he's downplaying the potential of the Sox rotation.

Noneck
01-13-2010, 12:06 AM
My excitement comes from the fact that he does have more than 50 cents remaining in his change purse.

#1swisher
01-13-2010, 12:03 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/soxdrawer

Again there is the assertion that Ozzie flat out doesn't want a full time DH.

Some other comments on payroll, Boras, and the pitching staff as well.

After reading the article, Ozzies' comment during the season "I don't give a bleep about players and their stats/numbers, makes sense now.

asindc
01-13-2010, 12:17 PM
I like his Boras comments. It's not about the money (which some Sox fans seemed to think), it was about Boras' tactics. Frankly, I would not want to deal with that either, and I'm surprised more teams don't feel the same way. It was also good to read that he does not interfere with KW and Ozzie, though I'm sure if he did not like the jobs they are doing then he would make changes. That's how it should be.

Hitmen77
01-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Interesting comments about payroll. He says the team is pretty much at the break even point now, but that he'd be willing to spend more for another player if a great opportunity came along. Who knows, that might be a factor if KW makes a blockbuster trade.

Also, he'd love to have Thome back, but Ozzie would rather have our bench players rotate in through the lineup to fill the DH spot. Wonderful! Sounds like a lineup that could take on the AL's elite.

FielderJones
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Also, he'd love to have Thome back, but Ozzie would rather have our bench players rotate in through the lineup to fill the DH spot. Wonderful! Sounds like a lineup that could take on the AL's elite.

Station-to-station baseball was unable to take on the AL's elite last year. I'm willing to see if Ozzie knows a bit more about managing an AL team than any of us.

dickallen15
01-14-2010, 03:34 PM
It does appear the Chevy Pride Crew will be back. I know last year JR was skeptical Chevy would continue as a sponsor. Also it appears start times for night games is 7:10, maybe the 7/11 deal has run its course.

SOXSINCE'70
01-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Also it appears start times for night games is 7:10, maybe the 7/11 deal has run its course.

What's wrong with 7:05?

Domeshot17
01-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Station-to-station baseball was unable to take on the AL's elite last year. I'm willing to see if Ozzie knows a bit more about managing an AL team than any of us.

(1) The sox were far from a station to station team last year. They were top 5 in the AL in stolen bases and struck out fewer then almost all AL teams. They also slugged like **** and didn't score runs

(2) If you think replacing Jim Thome with Mark Kotsay is the recipe to winning anything other than a top draft pick at years end, have fun with that. There is a reason very few of the AL contenders do not win without a full time DH. Slugging and Home runs are vital to winning. I know we want to think otherwise, but if we want to be more like the twins, we should focus more on adding 3 more 275 or higher average, 28 + homers, 90+ RBI guys. The twins had 4 last year. That is the reason they won, not guys like Nick Punto.

Nelfox02
01-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Is this DH thing just some weird posturing by Guillen (and to some degree KW)? God I hope so......they cant possibly think they can win by rotating Kotsay and Jones at the DH slot.....

Can they?

Honestly, why not bring back Thome? At the start of the off season, it would not have been my preferred choice, but with the FA landscape as it is now, teams (supposed) financial constraints........it makes sense

Frontman
01-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Is this DH thing just some weird posturing by Guillen (and to some degree KW)? God I hope so......they cant possibly think they can win by rotating Kotsay and Jones at the DH slot.....

Can they?

Honestly, why not bring back Thome? At the start of the off season, it would not have been my preferred choice, but with the FA landscape as it is now, teams (supposed) financial constraints........it makes sense

Unless of course Thome wants more than what the Sox feel he's worth. Could be that they wanted to bring him back to Chicago; but Thome might one more big paycheck deal.

Zisk77
01-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Maybe KW of the FA dh types is just not enamored with any and hopes to just acquire a big bat before the tradeline as a few are always availabe. All you Adam Dunn lovers can rejoice as he will be one.

Tragg
01-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Station-to-station baseball was unable to take on the AL's elite last year. I'm willing to see if Ozzie knows a bit more about managing an AL team than any of us.Undoubtedly he does. But he has his blind spots.
The closest he got the Sox to his vision of an offensive team was 2007: and it was the worst O in baseball.
This team needs another hitter. Kotsay and Visquel at DH isn't serious.

gosox41
01-14-2010, 10:44 PM
(1) The sox were far from a station to station team last year. They were top 5 in the AL in stolen bases and struck out fewer then almost all AL teams. They also slugged like **** and didn't score runs

(2) If you think replacing Jim Thome with Mark Kotsay is the recipe to winning anything other than a top draft pick at years end, have fun with that. There is a reason very few of the AL contenders do not win without a full time DH. Slugging and Home runs are vital to winning. I know we want to think otherwise, but if we want to be more like the twins, we should focus more on adding 3 more 275 or higher average, 28 + homers, 90+ RBI guys. The twins had 4 last year. That is the reason they won, not guys like Nick Punto.

On the flipside I can name Sox teams since 2000 that had 4 hitters put up impressive numbers and they didn't win jack. While those 4 players played a big role, and are certianlty more valuable then Punto, they are not the sole reason Minnesota won a (weak) division last year.

Bob

chunk
01-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Maybe KW of the FA dh types is just not enamored with any and hopes to just acquire a big bat before the tradeline as a few are always availabe. All you Adam Dunn lovers can rejoice as he will be one.

You can't hope to keep afloat until the deadline with a massive hole in the lineup if the rest of the lineup isn't much either.

Domeshot17
01-14-2010, 11:13 PM
On the flipside I can name Sox teams since 2000 that had 4 hitters put up impressive numbers and they didn't win jack. While those 4 players played a big role, and are certianlty more valuable then Punto, they are not the sole reason Minnesota won a (weak) division last year.

Bob

How many times was that because of the offense, and how many times was it because the rotation sucked?

Zisk77
01-15-2010, 12:00 AM
You can't hope to keep afloat until the deadline with a massive hole in the lineup if the rest of the lineup isn't much either.

I don't think our line-up is that bad and our division sucks. Besides I didn't say it was my plan. hell we more than stayed afloat to the deadline last year.

A. Cavatica
01-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Ozzie flat out doesn't want a full time DH.

If he gets his way and the Sox lose 90 games, I hope they finally get around to firing him. Ozzie probably thinks a team of nine Joey Coras would win going away.