PDA

View Full Version : Location for post-game party?

Warriorjan
01-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Anyone know of somewhere around the park where a group of about 75-100 could gather after a day game for some beers, etc.? I can't think of any myself.

Jason82807
01-12-2010, 12:54 AM
If you have that many people, maybe contact an area bar like Catcher's and negotiate a private party package, but to be honest I really don't like any of the area bars myself. If you want to do something on a whim, your best bet is to head north on Halsted to the Maxwell/south UIC area and hit up a bar like Junior's or Morgan's

LoveYourSuit
01-12-2010, 02:12 AM
If you have that many people, maybe contact an area bar like Catcher's and negotiate a private party package, but to be honest I really don't like any of the area bars myself. If you want to do something on a whim, your best bet is to head north on Halsted to the Maxwell/south UIC area and hit up a bar like Junior's or Morgan's

I agree.

Head down to the UIC campus.

People here are going to recommend some small neighborhood holes, but that will require you to jump in the car since you don't want to leave your car behind in the empty lots for too many hours postgame.

My theory is that if you have to jump in your car, might as well go somewhere that is known to have action.

CLUBHOUSE KID
01-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Go to Rocky's at 31st/Wells just call up to make a reservation due to how many people you want. Great place!

BubblingCalderon
01-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Buffalo Wings and Rings. Its at 34th and Halsted. They have free parking if you eat there. They also offer a free shuttle to and from the game. You should keep in mind that they don't have allot of parking. It may be far enough West for neighborhood parking but I'm not sure. Its a similar size and setup as a Buffalo Wild Wings. They even offer party packages. I remember seeing an ad saying it was the largest bar in Bridgeport

http://www.bwrbridgeport.com/

beasly213
01-12-2010, 10:35 PM
There aren't really a ton of options in Bridgeport for a post game bash like you want to have.

The only real options for that many people would be Rocky's and Buffalo Wings and Rings.

I think wings and rings is awful. Terrible service and the wings are real bad. Although they do have good Chicken Quesidillas.

Rocky's is pretty good but as others said you'll have trouble parking.

If you want to have a drink with a few people after the game there are plenty of places in Bridgeport but for a big party I would say Rocky's if you don't have a lot of cars or head towards UIC.

lloyder
01-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Buffalo Wings and Rings literally, LITERALLY has the absolute worst wings I've ever had the displeasure of eating.

I'd vote Morgans on Maxwell. Plenty of cheap parking in the garage on Maxwell.

Buffalo Wings and Rings. Its at 34th and Halsted. They have free parking if you eat there. They also offer a free shuttle to and from the game. You should keep in mind that they don't have allot of parking. It may be far enough West for neighborhood parking but I'm not sure. Its a similar size and setup as a Buffalo Wild Wings. They even offer party packages. I remember seeing an ad saying it was the largest bar in Bridgeport

http://www.bwrbridgeport.com/

DumpJerry
01-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Morgan's might be your best bet.

bridgeportcopper
01-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Dugan's.

DumpJerry
01-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Dugan's.
The party room in the back is free (IIRC). Good choice.

ewokpelts
01-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Connie's Pizza(on Archer near Canal) has group seating options. AND free pre/post game shuttle service, so you dont even need to park at the cell for the game.

www.conniespizza.com (http://www.conniespizza.com)

Warriorjan
01-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Thanks, I've passed the suggestions along. I had brought up Dugan's to the people that asked me the question already, in fact. I had forgotten about Connie's, the shuttle makes that worth looking into.

RustyKuntz
01-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Hawkeyes on Taylor Street has a giant party room that can fit your party. I know they run shuttles to Bulls & Blackhawks games...not sure about Sox games.

http://hawkeyesbar.com/

I watched Game 2 of the 2005 ALCS there. Good times. :bandance:

Cat Thief
01-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Don't bring 100 people to Connies for Beers.

I know Cobblestones used to let people park for free and then you can hike it to the park. Not sure if that is still the same.

Smokey Burg
01-13-2010, 02:10 PM
What about Ricobenes on 26th St? The place is big enough. Several years ago they were open until midnight, I haven't been there recently, not sure about current operating hours.

CLUBHOUSE KID
01-13-2010, 03:13 PM
What about Ricobenes on 26th St? The place is big enough. Several years ago they were open until midnight, I haven't been there recently, not sure about current operating hours.

Yeah it'a 2AM

BubblingCalderon
01-13-2010, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=lloyder;2411918]Buffalo Wings and Rings literally, LITERALLY has the absolute worst wings I've ever had the displeasure of eating.

Yeah. I forgot to mention don't ever get "mild" buffalo wings from BWR. I think its just melted butter. I got hot wings and they were fine. I tried those nasty butter "mild" wings off my friends plate. I probably wouldn't eat there again if that was the 1st thing i got.

DumpJerry
01-13-2010, 11:26 PM
BWR is not a very WSI-friendly place.

ewokpelts
01-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Don't bring 100 people to Connies for Beers.

I know Cobblestones used to let people park for free and then you can hike it to the park. Not sure if that is still the same.why not? they have the seating space, parking space, AND offer pizza/beer packages.

ewokpelts
01-14-2010, 09:59 AM
What about Ricobenes on 26th St? The place is big enough. Several years ago they were open until midnight, I haven't been there recently, not sure about current operating hours.another good choice, as they have plenty of parking .

ewokpelts
01-14-2010, 10:00 AM
BWR is not a very WSI-friendly place.didnt one of the managers of BWR solicit advice from WSIers before they opened?

BainesHOF
01-14-2010, 10:46 AM
BWR is not a very WSI-friendly place.

Why do you say that?

I've only been in there a time or two. The wings were great, notably better than BWW, but I found the layout of the place generic for a new place. Plus the TVs weren't all that big.

DumpJerry
01-14-2010, 12:08 PM
didnt one of the managers of BWR solicit advice from WSIers before they opened?

Why do you say that?

I've only been in there a time or two. The wings were great, notably better than BWW, but I found the layout of the place generic for a new place. Plus the TVs weren't all that big.
BWR management went out of their way to bash WSI generally and individual posters specifically in the same breath they used to tell everyone how great their place is. I don't plan to give them any of my money.

Cat Thief
01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
why not? they have the seating space, parking space, AND offer pizza/beer packages.

It's not like you can stand around and bull**** in there with a bucket of beers. There are no tv's. It's more of sit down restaraunt. At least it was a week ago when I was there.

Bad recommendation. Don't forget your coupons when you go there with your 100 buddies.

stacksedwards
01-14-2010, 05:00 PM
May I suggest the parking lot. Perhaps Lot E