PDA

View Full Version : Vlad signs with the Rangers

gr8mexico
01-09-2010, 06:54 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/rangers-sign-vladimir-guerrero.html

Marqhead
01-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Well they should be happy about this for the simple fact that they don't have to face Vlad anymore.

Brian26
01-09-2010, 07:07 PM
And now the Jermaine Dye/Jim Thome situation gets really interesting.

Frater Perdurabo
01-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Well they should be happy about this for the simple fact that they don't have to face Vlad anymore.

Yes, he was a one-man wrecking crew against the Rangers.

Frater Perdurabo
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
And now the Jermaine Dye/Jim Thome situation gets really interesting.

Here's a radical thought: How about doing the rumored three-way deal where Paulie goes to LAA and Adrian Gonzalez comes here, and then signing Dye to share RF and DH duties with Quentin?

Pierre, Beckham, Gonzalez, TCQ, Dye, AJ, Rios, Teahen, Alexei is a formidable lineup.

DirtySox
01-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Here's a radical thought: How about doing the rumored three-way deal where Paulie goes to LAA and Adrian Gonzalez comes here, and then signing Dye to share RF and DH duties with Quentin?

Pierre, Beckham, Gonzalez, TCQ, Dye, AJ, Rios, Teahen, Alexei is a formidable lineup.

You talk like that three-way deal made sense from the Angel's standpoint. It didn't and it still doesn't. It won't happen.

The Padres will want tons for Adrian. The White Sox likely don't have the quality of prospects San Diego is seeking. Boston could and would trump anything the Sox could put together.

Oblong
01-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I had no idea he was a free agent....???

oeo
01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
You talk like that three-way deal made sense from the Angel's standpoint. It didn't and it still doesn't. It won't happen.

The Padres will want tons for Adrian. The White Sox likely don't have the quality of prospects San Diego is seeking. Boston could and would trump anything the Sox could put together.

Not disagreeing with you, but Boston has absolutely no room for him.

DirtySox
01-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Not disagreeing with you, but Boston has absolutely no room for him.

They would find a way to make room. They were willing to eat 9 million of Lowell's 11 million contract in the failed trade to Texas. They probably still will once he's proved he can play during spring training. Dumping Ortiz wouldn't be out of the question if they go after Adrian.

I really hate the Red Sox.

Boondock Saint
01-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm happy that we didn't sign Vlad just for the knowledge that we won't have to hear more bitching about how slow we are on the basepaths. People would be clamoring for JD and Thome after watching Vlad hobble his way to second on a ball in the gap.

35th and Shields
01-09-2010, 10:10 PM
How about JD just DH's here at a nice, cheap discount.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
01-09-2010, 10:16 PM
How about JD just DH's here at a nice, cheap discount.

Dye has already said he doesn't want to DH. He wants to play the field.

35th and Shields
01-09-2010, 10:18 PM

Deep pink, I'm just hoping for it.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
01-09-2010, 10:19 PM
It would be a great option, only if we can sign him to a first-81-games contract.

NLaloosh
01-09-2010, 11:55 PM
I think this signing makes it more obvious that the Sox aren't signing another DH - for sure not a RH one.

Sargeant79
01-10-2010, 04:15 AM

He might not have much of a choice before too long.

WSox597
01-10-2010, 08:02 AM

I've always wanted to ask you this; has Konerko killed your dog or something? It seems like you have a vendetta against him for some reason.

Every single trade possibility from you has Konerko in it. We get it, you don't like him.

Jeez; a radical thought? :redneck

I almost can't wait until Paulie retires so you can find a new target already. What is it about him that bothers you so much?

Frater Perdurabo
01-10-2010, 01:57 PM
I've always wanted to ask you this; has Konerko killed your dog or something? It seems like you have a vendetta against him for some reason.

Every single trade possibility from you has Konerko in it. We get it, you don't like him.

Jeez; a radical thought? :redneck

I almost can't wait until Paulie retires so you can find a new target already. What is it about him that bothers you so much?

It's just schtick... :tongue:

WSox597
01-10-2010, 06:33 PM
It's just schtick... :tongue:

I thought it might be, I just had to find out.

Enjoy!