PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training Broadcast Schedule Released

ChiSoxGirl
01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
According to this (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/broadcast.jsp?c_id=cws), The Score is only broadcasting ten games this spring, with a handful of them being "interactive." :?: The confusion lies with the number of games, not the "interactive" concept. In previous years, many more spring games were broadcast on the radio, so I'm not sure what caused the decrease in the amount of spring games on the radio. This is disappointing to me as someone who doesn't have cable and won't be able to watch but one game (March 20 vs. the Padres) all spring.

SephClone89
01-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Hm. Curious that fewer games are going to be on the Score, but I like those free webcasts they have. Bill Melton did them last year. Not great quality, of course, but the more games we can see, the better.

I think this (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20100107&content_id=7887956&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws) article is easier to read, by the way.

Medford Bobby
01-09-2010, 04:01 PM
I guess the good news could be the other team may have spring broadcast scheduled for that particular game. You are covered well with either MLB radio or XM radio for more Sox games.:smile:

beasly213
01-09-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm glad there will be less games on the radio. I'd much rather listen to Bores and Bernstein than listen to practice games on the radio.

Viva Medias B's
01-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Didn't the Score do about 10 ST games last year?

DirtySox
01-09-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm glad there will be less games on the radio. I'd much rather listen to Bores and Bernstein than listen to practice games on the radio.

Yuck. People like those clowns?

I'll take baseball anyway I can get it. Even "practice games."

MARTINMVP
01-09-2010, 09:36 PM
I would guess spring training games are not must hear radio for most fans. It makes sense for WSCR-AM to limit something that would otherwise compel people to tune off their station. In years past, The Score didn't have an afternoon show that was a ratings winner (North and Buffone, Rick Telander Show).

Boondock Saint
01-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I'll finally get to shave my offseason beard! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

voodoochile
01-09-2010, 10:58 PM

Banned...

tacosalbarojas
01-09-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm pleased to see there are some night games this spring, and some are being broadcast in some form. I really like those and we've had a scarce amount of them this past decade.

ewokpelts
01-11-2010, 09:51 AM
2005 had 21 games on comcast. this year? 6. weaksauce, sox

soxnut67
01-11-2010, 11:02 AM

Theyre the exact reason why there should be more Sox ST games on, especially from 2-6. What a couple of wastes.

oeo
01-11-2010, 12:41 PM
2005 had 21 games on comcast. this year? 6. weaksauce, sox

Sounds like that would be more of Comcast than the Sox. I can't imagine Spring Training games get very good ratings.

beasly213
01-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Theyre the exact reason why there should be more Sox ST games on, especially from 2-6. What a couple of wastes.

Meh I find them hilarious and shows generally thought provoking. :shrug:

ewokpelts
01-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Sounds like that would be more of Comcast than the Sox. I can't imagine Spring Training games get very good ratings.
what would be better ratings at 3pm? bass fishing all stars, or spring training?

oeo
01-11-2010, 01:28 PM
what would be better ratings at 3pm? bass fishing all stars, or spring training?

I have no idea what they usually show around that exact time, but most of the day they have infomercials on which is probably making more $$$. Even if it was bass fishing on, if they're making very little or no money off of showing that many games, what's the point for them? Running bass fishing probably doesn't cost much, especially compared to airing a baseball game.

Frontman
01-11-2010, 10:51 PM

The ratings start strong; then when it becomes AA players; people tune out.

I don't have a problem with a small amount of ST games. Give me a taste of what's going on; and I'll be ready when the season starts.