PDA

View Full Version : Big News On Transaction, Harris for Ginter

kevingrt
06-12-2002, 10:02 PM
Willie Harris Brought Up

Matt Ginter Demoted to Triple AAA

HawkDJ
06-12-2002, 10:03 PM
Thats a shame. I like Harris but it looks like Crede will spend even more time in the minors. Heck he might become the best minor leaguer ever if he isn't traded. Also, I think Ginter has done a fine job. He has mostly been used in blowout situations and nobody in the bullpen is doing terrible so I can understand sending him down. Hopefully he will get a chance some time later. But now with Glover in the bullpen again, Ginter was the obvious one to go down. I wanted Crede up but I can understand this since Williw can play more positions.

Tragg
06-12-2002, 10:06 PM
Can't harris play outfield and infield? Might be a little more versatile, which we may need with lofton in and out.

ScottyTheSoxFan
ginter pitched well i dunno why they sent him down, i guess it is because they are going to NL stadiums so they need a big bench, plus Lofton's health has not been consistent as of late.

RedPinStripes
Gee.How in the **** did i know Crede would get the shaft again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ***!!!!!!!!

HawkDJ
06-12-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
ginter pitched well i dunno why they sent him down, i guess it is because they are going to NL stadiums so they need a big bench, plus Lofton's health has not been consistent as of late.

Yes plus Glover is back in the bullpen. He may pitch when they need a 5th starter but mostly he is in the pen so there is no need for Ginter. Also Harris was up and not Crede because Harris can play more positions and could be a pinch runner.

Jjav829
06-12-2002, 10:10 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with Lofton's injury? With him hurt, Rowand would be our only centerfielder. If this is only a short term move until Lofton is either DL'ed or healthy, and then Crede is called up, fine. But otherwise, if Harris was chosen over Crede, then this is bull****.

SoxxoS
06-12-2002, 10:13 PM
not saying I don't believe you but...where is the link?

oldcomiskey
06-12-2002, 10:16 PM
not saying I dont believe you but Ginter was warming up in the game and Alomar started tonight

kevingrt
06-12-2002, 10:17 PM
JM said it after the game on ESPN RADIO 1000 WMVP postgame show in his press conference daily after the game

Jerry_Manuel
06-12-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Gee.How in the **** did i know Crede would get the shaft again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ***!!!!!!!!

He's not getting shafted. If you guys want Tony to play, he's going to play 3rd. Sox have one to many infielders at this point.

Originally posted by Jjav829
I wonder if this has anything to do with Lofton's injury? With him hurt, Rowand would be our only centerfielder. If this is only a short term move until Lofton is either DL'ed or healthy, and then Crede is called up, fine. But otherwise, if Harris was chosen over Crede, then this is bull****.

No, it has to do with Crede not having any options left. Again, the Sox have one to many infielders right now.

oldcomiskey
06-12-2002, 10:19 PM
I think the reason that Crede is not up is maybe theyre going to pull the trigger on the Weaver deal

Jerry_Manuel
06-12-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I think the reason that Crede is not up is maybe theyre going to pull the trigger on the Weaver deal

Maybe. However, they don't have room for him right now do they? Royce, Jose, and Tony are all fighting for time on the left side of the infield.

Pete_SSAC
06-12-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Willie Harris Brought Up

Matt Ginter Demoted to Triple AAA

:ray

"Oh sh*t! My days are numbered!"

- Pete

SoxxoS
06-12-2002, 10:25 PM
I dont think thats the reason, I think that we have too many infielders and Crede would get no playing time. They are in a no win situation, if they call him up, he will only spot play, if they leave him down people are pissed. Can't win. By the way, I dont think the Weaver deal is going to go through, b/c too many people think its going to happen, and that just doesn't happen with this organiztion.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-12-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

- Pete

Cant bet against that.

Garrison
06-12-2002, 10:49 PM
I liked Ginter. He was pitching really well as of late and I wanted to see more of him. Hopefully we will before season's end. I am interested to see how Willie-Wonka Harris is going to do. I hope he wins the job and then we can finally trade Ray. I still want to see Crede up. Either trade him or give him a shot all ready. Come on! Tony is playing well however and I like to see him getting some PT. He batted in both runs tonight. But make a decision and and stick with it. All this lineup juggling and tinkering by Manuel is not good. I liked it before with the set lineup. But with interleague play a lot of this might be temporary.

Jerry_Manuel
06-12-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
I am interested to see how Willie-Wonka Harris is going to do. I hope he wins the job and then we can finally trade Ray. I still want to see Crede up. Either trade him or give him a shot all ready. Come on! Tony is playing well however and I like to see him getting some PT. He batted in both runs tonight. But make a decision and and stick with it.

Tony, Jose, and Royce. That's one to many as it is, no use adding Crede and making it 4 guys for 2 spots. Their decision, is that they won't get Joe up here until there's a spot for him. They've stuck with that one.

Procol Harum
06-12-2002, 11:01 PM
I think the Harris strategy is probably a short-term option during this stretch of interleague play to get a chance to see how he might do in big league situations when getting a little bit of a chance to play. I think his main duty will be serving as a late-inning pinch runner.

Procol Harum
06-12-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

- Pete

We can only hope...

gosox3072
06-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Espn seys that Mat ginter will be optioned to charlotte and willie harriss will come up, have u guys heard this anywere else

GOSOX BEAT THE FLUBS

Daver
06-13-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Espn seys that Mat ginter will be optioned to charlotte and willie harriss will come up, have u guys heard this anywere else

GOSOX BEAT THE FLUBS

Have you checked here? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11747)

gosox3072
06-13-2002, 12:11 AM
oh i guess i missed that sorry----gotta stop :gulp:

GOSOX BEAT THE FLUBS

DrWatson27
06-13-2002, 09:03 AM
They brought him for the interleague games in the NL ballparks. With more use for pinch hitters/runners the Sox decided to have one less relief pitcher and one more player on the bench. I believe the reason of Harris over Crede was the options situation mentioned above and the fact that Harris runs a lot better than Crede. So it would make sense if they are going to use him in pinch running situations.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-13-2002, 09:34 AM
Crede hasnt been shafted this time. Harris should be here with Loftons uncertainty, because other than Rowand, Willie is the only other centerfielder. Would you rather have Crede at third, Rowand get hurt, and put Liefer in centerfield. I dont want to even think about that.

duke of dorwood
06-13-2002, 02:55 PM
I would have kept Ginter and put Foulke on DL-something has to be wrong for him to be this ineffective. Then he could have qualified for rehab work. That's how I would have done it.

Paulwny
06-13-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I would have kept Ginter and put Foulke on DL-something has to be wrong for him to be this ineffective. Then he could have qualified for rehab work. That's how I would have done it.

There's nothing stopping Foulke from going to the minors, if he wants, to regain whatever he's lost. He doesn't need to be a re-hab case.

MisterB
06-14-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by DrWatson27
They brought him for the interleague games in the NL ballparks. With more use for pinch hitters/runners the Sox decided to have one less relief pitcher and one more player on the bench. I believe the reason of Harris over Crede was the options situation mentioned above and the fact that Harris runs a lot better than Crede. So it would make sense if they are going to use him in pinch running situations.

So Harris is here for...VERSATILITY!

:versatile
"You rang?"

(oh, yeah, he's here too...)

harwar
06-14-2002, 09:29 AM
Crede can blame Tony G. for not being called up.Darn that Tony,you just can't get him out of the lineup.Lofton will be limping around for awhile(DL maybe?),so Harris just makes sense.Man-O-Manichevitz but i REALLY hate to see josh paul back up.