PDA

View Full Version : Would folks even be interested in Tue Sept 21st, 2010 Oakland Luxury Box ??

ode to veeck
01-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Core of the Core II in Oakland on Tue Sept. 21, 2010? Premium seat mgr just announced the owner's luxury box is available (one of only 3 dates this year) It would come out to roughly $150 per person and we'd need 36 to make it a go:

We’ve just been given the approval to offer Lew Wolff’s personal suite to the public for a game out here this summer. This is really a great deal that includes the following:

36 tickets in an infield suite above the 1st base bag
12 parking passes
Extensive high end food package including: appetizers, salads, sandwiches, sausages, prime rib, desserts, sodas, beer & wine
36 Hats & 36 programs
Total Investment is just $5,000

ode to veeck
01-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Not sure if we can get that many. We got 1/2 that many when we did this about 3 years ago for a regular luxury suite for roughly 1/2 the price per ticket (before you started adding in food etc). I think it is actually a wash cost wise on a regular suite (once you add in food and bev packages) but obviously this would be a larger and best positioned suite wrt to watching and with premium food and bev included.

MarySwiss
01-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Not sure if we can get that many. We got 1/2 that many when we did this about 3 years ago for a regular luxury suite for roughly 1/2 the price per ticket (before you started adding in food etc). I think it is actually a wash cost wise on a regular suite (once you add in food and bev packages) but obviously this would be a larger and best positioned suite wrt to watching and with premium food and bev included.

Ode, I would really love to do this, but given the economy (my business is very slow right now), how far away the date is, etc., I can't commit. If you get close enough in the head count or if something else comes up, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

ode to veeck
01-08-2010, 01:16 PM
I think that is going to be the issue this time around, plus these owner's box availabilities are rare and will probably go early, unlike the time we did the 18 person luxury box and closed on it partway through the season.