PDA

View Full Version : Baseball America Sox Top 10

cws05champ
01-04-2010, 10:26 PM
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2010/269333.html

Although this is from Phil Rogers....so take it with a grain of salt.

DirtySox
01-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Saw the list earlier, but is their a paid portion where Rogers comments on each specific player on the list? Not much content otherwise. I think Hudson and Flowers should be above Mitchell, but the ordering isn't too terrible.

Not that it's news to anyone who follows our farm system, but I really really hope that some solid arms emerge from the muck that is our pitching depth. If Hudson is traded and a starter goes down, it could get ugly.

Draft day is so far away. :(:

rdivaldi
01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Although this is from Phil Rogers....so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm not seeing any sort of rhyme or reason with that list. I'd be interested to read his philosophy in the chat.

doublem23
01-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I thought Kris Honel had resurfaced somewhere in St. Louis's minor league system.

cws05champ
01-04-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm not seeing any sort of rhyme or reason with that list. I'd be interested to read his philosophy in the chat.
It was a pretty long chat that Phil did and he explained most of it, but you saw a lot of "a lot of scouts" this an " from what I have heard" that in his chat.

johnnyg83
01-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Early in column Rogers misidentifies Jordan Danks as John Danks and cites John Ely as the best changeup even though he's on the Dodgers.

cws05champ
01-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Early in column Rogers misidentifies Jordan Danks as John Danks and cites John Ely as the best changeup even though he's on the Dodgers.

To be fair, he said that White Sox attempted to lock up John Danks to a multi year extension, and now he may have more incentive..to play with his brother. And the Jon Link trade happened after the Prospect handbook print deadline, so it was not changed.

johnnyg83
01-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Fair enough on the Ely thing ... but he clearly writes 'centerfielder John Danks' in the 4th graph.

rdivaldi
01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
It was a pretty long chat that Phil did and he explained most of it, but you saw a lot of "a lot of scouts" this an " from what I have heard" that in his chat.

Okay, well I was trying to see if he was placing "ceiling" over "expected". That list doesn't seem to have any sort of defining value.