PDA

View Full Version : Osuna is the man

HawkDJ
06-12-2002, 08:46 PM
I've known since the beginning of the year Osuna would make a good closer and once it was announced that Foulke was no longer our closer I hoped that JM would make the obvious decision to me and make Osuna the closer. Well he is and its working so far. Osuna wants the ball with the game on the line. Foulke is sort of like maybe I should start and doesn't really want to be a closer. More importnatly, Osuna's numbers with the pressure on have been outstanding with the pressure on. Just compare his numbers with RISP, close and late, bases loaded etc.. and you will see he is tops on the club in each. I'm looking forward to Osuna saving more games for us.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-12-2002, 08:49 PM
i dont know about Foulke if he will come back or not, but for now, you're right. he is the man

Garrison
06-12-2002, 09:53 PM
I like that Jerry has picked a new closer and stuck with it. I was afraid he would tinker and toy with it and let everyone close games. Osuna has two straight saves and looked pretty good. I just hopes he keeps it up. He's been streaky all season. Looking like Mariano Rivera one game and the Kieth Foulke the next. Before long I think he'll do more harm than good but for now, Gravel Face you're the man!

Osuna warming in the pen will always= :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-12-2002, 09:56 PM
gone are the days of "Blow-suna." Hopefully.

KruseControl04
06-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
He's been streaky all season. Looking like Mariano Rivera one game and the Kieth Foulke the next. Before long I think he'll do more harm than good but for now, Gravel Face you're the man!

Osuna warming in the pen will always= :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

I'd much rather have Osuna out there in close game situations any day of the week. Kenny Williams should trade Foulke.

Pukester
06-12-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04

I'd much rather have Osuna out there in close game situations any day of the week. Kenny Williams should trade Foulke.

Gee your absolutely brilliant aren't you?

Any idea what his trade value is right now Mr. Genius?

I guess even idiots must be allowed a voice.

The question is why?

FarWestChicago
06-12-2002, 10:11 PM
Pukester, please take it to The Parking Lot or tone down the insults. Thank you.

pudge
06-13-2002, 02:32 AM
I like the Osuna move, although tonight's save was very shaky... Did anyone notice he was up in the zone a lot? Piazza just missed belting one to center, Burnitz is a free-swinging idiot who couldn't hit a slow-pitch softball... I think Osuna may have gotten away with a few pitches, but heck at least he got the dang save... Please just keep it up for the freakin' next series...

DrWatson27
06-13-2002, 07:52 AM
Some of the people here crack me up. Osuna saves two games and he's the man and Folke should be traded. Next week when Osuna blows a save you'll be calling for his head and asking why Manuel hasn't given Folke a chance to regain his closer roll.

Like was said in an eairler thread-I don't care who the closer is, as long as he comes in and faces 3 batters and gets 3 batters out.

I just find it funny how quickly some of you turn on some players and elevate the status and skill of other players so quickly. :D: :gulp:

foulkesfan11
06-13-2002, 07:54 AM
Osuna has done well recently, but I'm still not comfortable with him. Only time will tell.

Randar68
06-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by DrWatson27
I just find it funny how quickly some of you turn on some players and elevate the status and skill of other players so quickly. :D: :gulp:

LOL...reference CLee vs. Aaron Rowand...

BLA!