PDA

View Full Version : When is the Hall of Fame voting?

ernie14
01-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Happy, healthy new year everyone.

Anyone know when we get the results for the HOF voting?

One day next week, I think.

I think that creep Mark McGwire is getting in. ( Expletive) Everyone says he's waited long enough, whatever that means. How can you give a speech when you don't want to talk about the past. LOL. Poor Jim Rice had to wait so long. He didn't "kiss-up". That's why. McGwire kisses sportwriters' behinds.

Poor Bert Blyleven hasn't waited long enough? And I'm sick of Cub fans
crying about Andre Dawson. Yes, he was a very good player but HOF worthy, I don't think so.

Oh and idiot Cub fans will love 2015 when that (expletive) Sosa is inducted. ANOTHER "KISS-UP" . Smooch, smooch, smooch!!

It's a shame. The HOF is more of a popularity contest.

Dale Murphy, Keith Hernandez - much better all-round players than the 1998 kiss-ups.

Give Sosa a plaque make out of cork with a syringe on it.

Dibbs
01-01-2010, 10:37 AM
So, should ARod, Bonds, Clemens and Manny never get in? Those are some of the best players in the history of the game with or without steroids.

I would love to see McGwire and Sosa not make it, but they will at some point.

SouthSideLove
01-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Happy, healthy new year everyone.

And I'm sick of Cub fans crying about Andre Dawson. Yes, he was a very good player but HOF worthy, I don't think so.

I hate Cubs fans as much as the next south sider. And I agree that Cubs fans need to stop crying and moaning about Andre Dawson. Then again, I know plenty of guys who are clamoring for Harold to be enshrined in the hall. In many ways both Baines' and Dawson's numbers are comparable. Therefore, if Dawson getting in will give Baines the best shot down the road, I'm all for it.

Brian26
01-01-2010, 02:17 PM
In many ways both Baines' and Dawson's numbers are comparable. Therefore, if Dawson getting in will give Baines the best shot down the road, I'm all for it.

I never realized how close their numbers are. Baines: 9908 at bats, Dawson: 9927 AB's. Baines' overall numbers are actually better, except for total HRs. Dawson gets more pub because he has more HRs and won the MVP and ROY.