PDA

View Full Version : Hudson, Torres win MiLBY's

mzh
12-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Since these are minor league awards I put them in MO.

Hudson wins overall best pitcher of the year, Torres best Triple-A. Looking at their stats, its hard to argue they didn't deserve it. Congrats!

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/awards/index.jsp

DirtySox
12-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Very cool. I sincerely really hope that Hudson isn't traded. I think he has a bright future on the South Side.

cws05champ
12-31-2009, 08:32 PM
It would be really cool if both of these guys (Hudson and Torres) succeed with the White Sox. It would be welcome to have more good young arms come up and help out the big club.

DrCrawdad
12-31-2009, 11:49 PM
It would be really cool if both of these guys (Hudson and Torres) succeed with the White Sox. It would be welcome to have more good young arms come up and help out the big club.

I agree. But I don't have much confidence in Carlos Torres at this point.

cws05champ
01-01-2010, 09:02 AM
I agree. But I don't have much confidence in Carlos Torres at this point.

Ya, I know. I wasn't too impressed with him at the big league level either, but he has showed some nice progression in the minors. Maybe he'll be nothing more than a AAAA pitcher but I'm hopeful.

veeter
01-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Ya, I know. I wasn't too impressed with him at the big league level either, but he has showed some nice progression in the minors. Maybe he'll be nothing more than a AAAA pitcher but I'm hopeful.That's what makes his dominating the cubs that much more funny.

TheVulture
01-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Fort Wayne Tincaps win Minor League Team of the Year with a 101-48 record after starting 14-1! Woot woot! The Padres low-A team, formerly the Wizards, played its first season as the Tincaps at its new stadium, Parkview Field.

Taliesinrk
01-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Fort Wayne Tincaps win Minor League Team of the Year with a 101-48 record after starting 14-1! Woot woot! The Padres low-A team, formerly the Wizards, played its first season as the Tincaps at its new stadium, Parkview Field.

Nice! Ft. Wayne getting some love...

EDIT: Aren't they High-A?

soxlug
01-04-2010, 12:35 AM
No it is a low A team:(:

Metalthrasher442
01-04-2010, 10:18 AM
That's what makes his dominating the cubs that much more funny.

That was one of the greatest Sox moments of 09! haha. He seems like he could be a decent replacement for Carrasco. That is however a best case scenerio and me dreaming a little bit.

soxfanreggie
01-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Congrats to Dan and Carlos!

It will be interesting to see what Koby Clemens ends up doing over his career. I'm afraid the subtitle of the article says it all on what will be the biggest thing he'll hear over his career: Roger's son.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091224&content_id=7853622&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Randar68
01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
No mention of former Sox prospect Chris Carter winning overall best hitter award? Traded as part of the Carlos Quentin trade IIRC.

Daver
01-05-2010, 03:02 PM
No mention of former Sox prospect Chris Carter winning overall best hitter award? Traded as part of the Carlos Quentin trade IIRC.

All he does is catch touchdowns.

rdivaldi
01-06-2010, 12:35 AM
All he does is catch touchdowns.

To be fair, Carter did drop his K rate and raise his average a bit in '09. But yeah, he does display an all or nothing swing quite often. He's also really struggling in Mexico, batting .212 with an insane amount of strikeouts.

Daver
01-06-2010, 01:39 PM
To be fair, Carter did drop his K rate and raise his average a bit in '09. But yeah, he does display an all or nothing swing quite often. He's also really struggling in Mexico, batting .212 with an insane amount of strikeouts.

That was actually a joke about Cris Carter, the football player, when he was let go by the Eagles Buddy Ryan was quoted as saying, "All he does is catch touchdowns"

Tragg
01-06-2010, 04:01 PM
We got a really good hitter for Carter; if cunningham turns nto something special, then I'll be annoyed

rdivaldi
01-07-2010, 10:15 PM
That was actually a joke about Cris Carter, the football player, when he was let go by the Eagles Buddy Ryan was quoted as saying, "All he does is catch touchdowns"

I know, I thought you were referring to his propensity to swing for the fences. Sort of "All he wants to do is hit home runs". The quote was "All he wants to do is catch touchdowns". Man was Buddy Ryan a big dope as a head coach.

soxfanreggie
01-10-2010, 10:58 PM
It would be cool if the Sox did some sort of "acceptance speech" thing on their website. I can remember one of the funniest Sox things I ever saw was the Ron Karkovice retirement ceremony.