PDA

View Full Version : NWHerald: Sports story of the decade...

dakuda
12-30-2009, 04:27 PM
2005 White Sox

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2009/12/28/r_myxfvlfaqmgbkb_t8bxhow/index.xml

chisox77
12-31-2009, 06:09 PM
2005 White Sox

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2009/12/28/r_myxfvlfaqmgbkb_t8bxhow/index.xml

I agree.

soxinem1
12-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Glad to see Buehrle and the Blackhawks were given props too..:bandance::bandance:

jamokes
12-31-2009, 07:21 PM
World Series victories do not happen too often...........just ask cub fans.

thomas35forever
12-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Terrific stuff.

On another note, I still don't understand why voters at the Tribune voted NU's women's lacrosse team as the team of the decade. Where was the hype surrounding them? Maybe they were Cubs fans voting against the one major sports team to win a title this decade out of spite?:scratch:

doublem23
12-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Terrific stuff.

On another note, I still don't understand why voters at the Tribune voted NU's women's lacrosse team as the team of the decade. Where was the hype surrounding them? Maybe they were Cubs fans voting against the one major sports team to win a title this decade out of spite?:scratch:

Any publication that doesn't note the 2005 White Sox as the Chicago team of the Decade is just full of ****.

Waysouthsider
12-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Terrific stuff.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinkinmg this stuff....:D:

What in the hell is up with that?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
12-31-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinkinmg this stuff....:D:

What in the hell is up with that?

Well, they are back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions. It doesn't matter the sport or the gender, 5 straight titles is just sick.

I mean, I agree about 99% of people here prefer the White Sox' WS championship over a college team's half-decade of dominance, but count me as one of the few that actually doesn't see too much of a problem with NU's Women's Lacrosse team being the team of the decade.

TDog
01-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Well, they are back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions. It doesn't matter the sport or the gender, 5 straight titles is just sick.

I mean, I agree about 99% of people here prefer the White Sox' WS championship over a college team's half-decade of dominance, but count me as one of the few that actually doesn't see too much of a problem with NU's Women's Lacrosse team being the team of the decade.

How many people in Chicagoland were aware Northwestern even had a women's lacrosse team?

Woofer
01-02-2010, 11:36 AM
How many people in Chicagoland were aware Northwestern even had a women's lacrosse team?

I would be hard pressed to even tell you what lacrosse is!

white sox bill
01-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I would be hard pressed to even tell you what lacrosse is!
Its in Wisconsin and its where Old Style in based out of