PDA

View Full Version : All Decade "BAD" White Sox team

rdivaldi
12-29-2009, 10:56 PM
I found myself laughing out loud researching this team, although your eyes might hurt reading some of these names. I tried to leave the guys who really didn't play more than 1 or 2 games out. I only wanted those whose badness left a long term impression.

C - Mark Johnson
1B - Brian Daubach
2B - Brent Lillibridge
SS - Wilson Valdez
3B - Josh Fields
OF - Joe Borchard
OF - Julio Ramirez
OF - Armando Rios
UTIL - Andy Gonzalez

SP - Ken Hill
SP - Todd Ritchie
SP - Josh Stewart
SP - Arnie Munoz
SP - Jason Grilli
CL - Billy Koch
RP - Mike MacDougal
RP - Andrew Sisco
RP - Kevin Beirne
RP - David Sanders
RP - Boone Logan
RP - Rick White

jabrch
12-29-2009, 11:07 PM
While his tenure was short, I'd suggest Jose Paniagua should be in this team picture.

LoveYourSuit
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Mike Jackson was the biggest gas can the Sox have ever had coming out of the pen.

Lorenzo Barcelo
12-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Any reliever not named Jenks from 2007 can be on the list.

esbrechtel
12-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Any reliever not named Jenks from 2007 can be on the list.

Buckvich has to be in the conversation...

mzh
12-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Mike Jackson was the biggest gas can the Sox have ever had coming out of the pen.

He was bad, but he only had a 5.01 ERA the one year he was here. 3 guys on that team were higher, so no, he doesn't belong on that list unless you want to put the entire 04 bullpen. Which you probably could actually.

Lorenzo Barcelo
12-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Buckvich has to be in the conversation...

He's #1. Runner up: Dewon Day.

DSpivack
12-30-2009, 12:02 AM
While his tenure was short, I'd suggest Jose Paniagua should be in this team picture.

Only pitched in one game if I remember right, but I'd still put him on there.

GoGoCrede
12-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Betemit belongs somewhere on this list (although I loved his goggles).

Edit - meh, he's got some stiff competition on this list. Never mind.

soxnut1018
12-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Rob Mackowiak?

DSpivack
12-30-2009, 12:08 AM
I would also put D'Angelo Jimenez over Lillibridge and Ben Davis over Mark Johnson.

JermaineDye05
12-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Luis Terrero

gr8mexico
12-30-2009, 01:00 AM
Dont forget about me
http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yG6okqaH09g/SnlA23lEIOI/AAAAAAAAEkw/MSzn_ebcqVU/s320/navarro97fleerultra.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHO9enLtnFqrTZW20cW23DZH8iYUw

kittle42
12-30-2009, 01:03 AM
Dont forget about me

Navarro was pre-2000.

ewokpelts
12-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Dont forget about me
http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yG6okqaH09g/SnlA23lEIOI/AAAAAAAAEkw/MSzn_ebcqVU/s320/navarro97fleerultra.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHO9enLtnFqrTZW20cW23DZH8iYUwhe was a brewer in 2000.

gr8mexico
12-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Navarro was pre-2000.
January 12, 2000: Traded by the Chicago White Sox (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2000.shtml) with John Snyder (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/snydejo02.shtml) to the Milwaukee Brewers (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIL/2000.shtml) for Cal Eldred (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/eldreca01.shtml) and Jose Valentin (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/valenjo03.shtml).
He was still with the team in 2000 :D:

MISoxfan
12-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Rob Mackowiak?

Rob Mackowiak was a fine backup provided he wasn't playing CF.

JB98
12-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Rob Mackowiak?

No way. Mackowiak hit .290 for the Sox in 2006 and .278 in 2007. No way he should be lumped in with the Luis Terreros and LTPs of the world.

oeo
12-30-2009, 01:23 AM

Hear that sound? That's another grand slam given up by Mr. Jackson.

Rob Mackowiak?

Uh...no. Not even close. :?:

october23sp
12-30-2009, 01:39 AM
Brian Anderson
Josh Fields
Dewayne Wise (Great job with the catch though)

Mohoney
12-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Is it too late to nominate David Wells?

TDog
12-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Rob Mackowiak?

Alex Rios hit just .199 with the White Sox in the decade and dropped two routine fly balls in just 34 games in centerfield. Still, that was better than Joe Borchard, who hit just .191. Some people will tell you that Borchard was a better hitter because his on-base percentage was 25 points and his slugging percentage was more than 50 points higher, but Borchard was at least as bad for the White Sox as Rios was for the White Sox in the completed decade, and fans had to suffer Borchard for about three times as many games.

jabrch
12-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Only pitched in one game if I remember right, but I'd still put him on there.

Yup - the worst inning I ever sat through.

raven1
12-30-2009, 07:20 AM
David Aardsma was as bad as any of the relievers on the list, but I given the stiff competition I can see how he was left off.

pythons007
12-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Alex Rios hit just .199 with the White Sox in the decade and dropped two routine fly balls in just 34 games in centerfield. Still, that was better than Joe Borchard, who hit just .191. Some people will tell you that Borchard was a better hitter because his on-base percentage was 25 points and his slugging percentage was more than 50 points higher, but Borchard was at least as bad for the White Sox as Rios was for the White Sox in the completed decade, and fans had to suffer Borchard for about three times as many games.

Borchard did hit a 500 foot homerun though, you have to give him credit for that. Right, right? <crickets>

BringBackBlkJack
12-30-2009, 08:38 AM
I'd like to add Billy Koch to the list. Look at his numbers with OAK in '02 then with the Sox in '03:

'02: 11-4, 3.27 ERA, 44 Saves
'03: 5-5, 5.77 ERA, 11 Saves

His limited '04 season with the Sox was not much better:

'04: 1-1, 5.40 ERA, 8 saves (in 24 appearances)

EDIT - Oops, somehow I missed him in the original list. However, I still cringe when I see these numbers. Makes you appreciate Bobby that much more.

jabrch
12-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Borchard did hit a 500 foot homerun though, you have to give him credit for that. Right, right? <crickets>

Longest ball I ever saw...I was at the game - it was a makeup game vs I think the Phils - a day game - and there were about 5000 people there. The place was empty. But LTPs shot to RF was majestic.

MeteorsSox4367
12-30-2009, 09:31 AM
I would also put D'Angelo Jimenez over Lillibridge and Ben Davis over Mark Johnson.

That's exactly right. I just remember Jimenez dropping a sure double play in a game against the Cubs and me dropping f-bombs because of his half-ass effort.

sox1970
12-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Is it too late to nominate David Wells?

He's got to be on this list.

Andy T Clown
12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
January 12, 2000: Traded by the Chicago White Sox (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2000.shtml) with John Snyder (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/snydejo02.shtml) to the Milwaukee Brewers (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIL/2000.shtml) for Cal Eldred (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/eldreca01.shtml) and Jose Valentin (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/valenjo03.shtml).
He was still with the team in 2000 :D:

No wonder they call us FIBs.

soxfanreggie
12-30-2009, 10:54 AM
I found myself laughing out loud researching this team, although your eyes might hurt reading some of these names. I tried to leave the guys who really didn't play more than 1 or 2 games out. I only wanted those whose badness left a long term impression.

UTIL - Andy Gonzalez
SP - Todd Ritchie
CL - Billy Koch
RP - Rick White

Not only did these four names hurt my eyes, they made me want to throw up. Jamie Navarro was still on the team for 12 days in the 2000's and that is good enough for me to add him to the list. When my Mom knows you well enough to rip on you, you know you're horrible.

WinningUgly!
12-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Royce Clayton, Danny Wright & Gary Glover! :(:

TomBradley72
12-30-2009, 11:08 AM
I'd have to go with Toby Hall at catcher...he was completely useless in his time with the White Sox. At least Mark Johnson hit an HR to beat the Cubs-and I remember him as a decent back up, should have been on the 2000 post season roster.

mcfish
12-30-2009, 12:38 PM
He was bad, but he only had a 5.01 ERA the one year he was here. 3 guys on that team were higher, so no, he doesn't belong on that list unless you want to put the entire 04 bullpen. Which you probably could actually.
That's because 1/2 the runs he gave up counted against everyone else's ERA. I can't personally remember any other pitcher giving up MULTIPLE first pitch of the outing grand slams in a season.

"Darn inherited runners! Let's clear those off the basepaths real quick so I can get started."

ajismyhero
12-30-2009, 04:34 PM
I would put Betemit at third before Fields, and I think DeWayne Wise definitely belongs on that list.

chisox123
12-30-2009, 04:46 PM

D'Angelo Jimenez hit .287 for the sox, plus he had a walk off hit against the cubs that doesn't really mean a whole lot, but was pretty cool at the time because he was a benchwarmer.

JB98
12-30-2009, 05:21 PM
D'Angelo Jimenez hit .287 for the sox, plus he had a walk off hit against the cubs that doesn't really mean a whole lot, but was pretty cool at the time because he was a benchwarmer.

Jiminez lost his starting job because of his lazy defensive work and horrible baserunning. As a hitter, he was OK. But he made a number of inexcusable errors that drove everyone nuts.

That said, Lillibridge is far worse.

veeter
12-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Great call on Armando Rios, man he sucked. I'll add Linebrink.

NardiWasHere
12-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Jiminez lost his starting job because of his lazy defensive work and horrible baserunning. As a hitter, he was OK. But he made a number of inexcusable errors that drove everyone nuts.

That said, Lillibridge is far worse.

D'Angelo was more frustrating. Lazy and stupid.

Lillibridge just sucks.

DSpivack
12-30-2009, 06:23 PM
D'Angelo was more frustrating. Lazy and stupid.

Lillibridge just sucks.

That's probably why I dislike Jimenez more. Lillibridge couldn't help it, he just didn't have the talent and had no business being on a MLB roster.

Brian26
12-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Jiminez lost his starting job because of his lazy defensive work and horrible baserunning.

I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about this game. Two outs, based loaded and he dropped an easy pop-up... all three guys scored:

May 6, 2003:
ATHLETICS 1ST: Ellis singled to center; Hatteberg grounded out
(pitcher to first) [Ellis to second]; Chavez flied to right;
Tejada walked; Durazo walked [Ellis to third, Tejada to second];
Hernandez reached on an error by Jimenez [Ellis scored
(unearned) (no RBI), Tejada scored (unearned) (no RBI), Durazo
scored (unearned) (no RBI), Hernandez to first]; Byrnes singled
to third [Hernandez to second]; Long was called out on strikes;
3 R (0 ER), 2 H, 1 E, 2 LOB. White Sox 0, Athletics 3.

JB98
12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about this game. Two outs, based loaded and he dropped an easy pop-up... all three guys scored:

May 6, 2003:
ATHLETICS 1ST: Ellis singled to center; Hatteberg grounded out
(pitcher to first) [Ellis to second]; Chavez flied to right;
Tejada walked; Durazo walked [Ellis to third, Tejada to second];
Hernandez reached on an error by Jimenez [Ellis scored
(unearned) (no RBI), Tejada scored (unearned) (no RBI), Durazo
scored (unearned) (no RBI), Hernandez to first]; Byrnes singled
to third [Hernandez to second]; Long was called out on strikes;
3 R (0 ER), 2 H, 1 E, 2 LOB. White Sox 0, Athletics 3.

Buehrle was really laboring in that inning, too. He walked a couple and ran the count full on Hernandez with the bags loaded. Then, he gets the popup and looks like he's going to get out of the inning. Nope. Jiminez blew it. Sox go on to lose 6-0. Game was basically over the moment Jiminez let that ball drop.

soxinem1
12-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Royce Clayton, Danny Wright & Gary Glover! :(:

I don't know about Glover, he did have his moments. For all the different roles he was shuffled into back and forth, he was actually quite serviceable. He actually strung some decent starts together a few times, and probably helped save the 2001 and 2002 seasons from being washouts.

But I am really suprised that no one mentioned that AAA HOF who was a projected closer of the future::scratch:

Jeff Bejanaru, anyone???

Tragg
12-30-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm not seeing enough Bukvich on these lists.

He had a WHIP .2 WORSE than Rick White, who himself is deservedly a near unanimous selection. (1.68 for Bukvich; 1.45 for White)

And Bukvich was well-used, pitching 45 games in 2007.

Bukvich has no peer.

Brian26
12-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Danny Wright actually wasn't that bad either.

Patrick134
12-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Danny Wright actually wasn't that bad either.

Except I can't shake the memory of sitting at Champ's while Wright got toasted at Anaheim.

Brian26
12-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Except I can't shake the memory of sitting at Champ's while Wright got toasted at Anaheim.

That memory gives me more heartburn than the buffalo chicken sandwich. Julio Ramirez!

Jpgr91
12-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Small sample size but Andy Gonzalez really drove me nuts.

A. Cavatica
12-30-2009, 10:22 PM
There are so many deserving contenders! Can we agree to restrict the nominees to players who were putrid and had an attitude, or a ridiculous contract they weren't living up to? Players who even the most devoted Sox fan would be tempted to boo.

(Ideally, players on this list should have also received significant playing time, but a player who was a complete train wreck should make the list regardless. Call it the Jose Paniagua rule. And a player who was awful and played a lot, but who was an elder statesman (Sandy Alomar) or had serious health problems (Billy Koch, Jim Parque), should be left off.

Anyway, here's my team. Someone really needs to tabulate the votes.

C - Josh Paul
1B - Jeff Liefer
2B - Roberto Alomar
SS - Royce Clayton
3B - Andy Gonzalez
OF - Darin Erstad, Alex Rios, Joe Borchard
DH - Jose Canseco
Bench - Ben Davis, Willie Harris, Brent Lillibridge, Wilson Betemit, Julio Ramirez, Armando Rios
SP - Kip Wells, Todd Ritchie, Scott Schoeneweis, Dan Wright, Jason Grilli
RP - Rick White, Jose Paniagua, Boone Logan, Ryan Bukvich, Dewon Day

october23sp
12-30-2009, 10:38 PM
There are so many deserving contenders! Can we agree to restrict the nominees to players who were putrid and had an attitude, or a ridiculous contract they weren't living up to? Players who even the most devoted Sox fan would be tempted to boo.

(Ideally, players on this list should have also received significant playing time, but a player who was a complete train wreck should make the list regardless. Call it the Jose Paniagua rule. And a player who was awful and played a lot, but who was an elder statesman (Sandy Alomar) or had serious health problems (Billy Koch, Jim Parque), should be left off.

C - Josh Paul
1B - Jeff Liefer
2B - Roberto Alomar
SS - Royce Clayton
3B - Andy Gonzalez
DH - Jose Canseco
Bench - Ben Davis, Willie Harris, Brent Lillibridge, Wilson Betemit, Julio Ramirez, Armando Rios

Rios being on the Sox all-bad decade team is just stupid.

LongLiveFisk
12-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Rios being on the Sox all-bad decade team is just stupid.

I'm guessing you mean Armando and not Alex. :smile:

TDog
12-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Great call on Armando Rios, man he sucked. I'll add Linebrink.

Oddly enough, Armando Rios had a higher batting average and higher on-base percentage in his career with the White Sox (2003) than Alex Rios did in 2009. Armando Rios played in eight more games (but came to the plate about 40 times less than Alex Rios because Armando Rios was a pinch hitter in about one-third of his games.) Armando Rios had more RBIs, too. If you believe in stats, there wasn't a huge difference between the two. And neither hit as well as Dewayne Wise during his White Sox career.

soxinem1
12-30-2009, 11:06 PM

C - Josh Paul
1B - Jeff Liefer
2B - Roberto Alomar
SS - Royce Clayton
3B - Andy Gonzalez
DH - Jose Canseco

It's amazing how just one game qualifies that idiot Paniagua. Even though I think players nominated should have had some sort of tenure or decent number of appearances, guys like Paniagua will stick with us forever after throwing a whopping total of about 14 pitches in his White Sox career.

I agree with all of your pitching staff except for Dan Wright, but I have to disagree with a lot of your lineup.

Liefer showed flashes, but was never given a real chance.

And Alex Rios might be a little quick to put on this list, as he is still here as a regular and can amount to something in the long run.

Canseco bailed out the team in 2001 and was very productive.

Josh Paul is a White Sox fan, was decent here when given playing time, and a key reason for us winning Game Two of the 2005 ALCS!!:smile:

And I am no Alomar fan, but he helped settle down the INF once he came here in 2003, and the team started winning. Honestly, he contributed much like Julio Cruz did when he came here in 1983.

TDog
12-30-2009, 11:21 PM

And Alex Rios might be a little quick to put on this list, as he is still here as a regular and can amount to something in the long run. ...

The decade is over (by established definition of the thread). It isn't like he is going to do anything next year to make his time with the Sox next year to improve his play in a previous decade.

mzh
12-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Liefer showed flashes, but was never given a real chance.

Liefer hit 18 Homers and slugged .520 in 250 at bats in 2001, was there a reason he wasn't given a chance after this? IIRC, he was a high draft pick so you would think after hitting solidly like that he would get a chance.

Warriorjan
12-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Kip Wells had some good games for us. Remember that great game against Cleveland after the road trip where we swept Cleveland and the Yankees? So I wouldn't put him on the list. And Willie Harris gets a pass just for scoring that run in 2005.
Paniagua definitely belongs on the list. His one awful outing is worth at least a season of anyone else (that's convoluted but you know what I mean).

TDog
12-31-2009, 01:02 AM
Liefer hit 18 Homers and slugged .520 in 250 at bats in 2001, was there a reason he wasn't given a chance after this? IIRC, he was a high draft pick so you would think after hitting solidly like that he would get a chance.

Liefer was a first-round draft pick. He didn't really have a position, though. He played at first, third, left and right as well as DHing, although he was behind Canseco and Baines in 2001 and Thomas the rest of his time with the team.

Liefer was traded along with Rocky Biddle for Bartolo Colon at the height of Colon's career. Orlando Hernandez was in the deal as well, going from the White Sox to the Expos, but Hernandez didn't actually get around to pitching for the White Sox until 2005.

samurai_sox
12-31-2009, 03:24 AM
Danny Richar?

Bobby Thigpen
12-31-2009, 11:59 AM
C- Sandy Alomar
1b- Liefer/ Daubach
2b- Jimenez
SS- Clayton, Jermaine Dye :D:
3b-
OF- Jose Valentin, Borchard, Luis Terrero

RP- Koch, Paniagua, Shingo (after his rookie year),
SP- David Wells, Colon (the second coming), Vazquez, Any 5th starter from the 03/04 season, Todd Richie, John Rauch

rdivaldi
12-31-2009, 04:42 PM
I think someone might need to whip up an "All Decade Disappointing Team", because some of the guys mentioned were more disappointing than bad.

Funny about Paniagua, I had him on at first but took him off due to the small sample size. I would have had Ken Vining on there as well, but he was also sent packing very quickly.

chisox77
12-31-2009, 06:06 PM
This is an inspiring discussion . . .

DrCrawdad
01-01-2010, 01:33 AM

C - Josh Paul
1B - Jeff Liefer
2B - Roberto Alomar
SS - Royce Clayton
3B - Andy Gonzalez
DH - Jose Canseco

Kip Wells had some good games for us. Remember that great game against Cleveland after the road trip where we swept Cleveland and the Yankees? So I wouldn't put him on the list. And Willie Harris gets a pass just for scoring that run in 2005.
Paniagua definitely belongs on the list. His one awful outing is worth at least a season of anyone else (that's convoluted but you know what I mean).

I have to break with "A. Cavatica" on Wee Willie Harris and agree with "Warriorjan." Wee Willie has continued to be a relatively serviceable utility type ballplayer too.

In the 2005 playoffs, Harris went 2-for-2 in the postseason with an RBI, one stolen base, and one run scored. Harris's successful pinch-hit single in Game 4 of the 2005 World Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_World_Series) against the Houston Astros (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Astros) would prove to be decisive after Harris scored on an RBI single by Jermaine Dye (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jermaine_Dye). Not only was the run the game-winner, it was the only run which would be scored in the Series-clinching Game 4. - Wikipedia

Dewayne Wise will be remembered by many of us for The Catch. But let's not overlook Wee Willie Harris' contributions to the 2005 World Championship, which meant more to me that Mark's perfect game.

HomeFish
01-01-2010, 05:00 AM
The best thing about Willie Harris's 2005 season:

He was sent down to the minors early in the season, and told reporters "you haven't seen the last of Willie Harris." I believe those were the exact words he said. I have to imagine everybody laughed when they heard this from somebody of Willie Harris's height and batting average.

And then he scored the winning run of the last game of the World Series.

A. Cavatica
01-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Ah, come on, Willie Harris should be a slam dunk for this list. Let's not forget that in his four seasons on the South Side he posted OPS of .565, .499, .665, and .647. Yes, he had his big moment, but he had four seasons of massive suckitude! One of the reasons the 2005 team won it all was that they replaced Harris with Iguchi.

Bad, getting far too much playing time, and cocky -- Willie hit the trifecta.

DrCrawdad
01-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Ah, come on, Willie Harris should be a slam dunk for this list. Let's not forget that in his four seasons on the South Side he posted OPS of .565, .499, .665, and .647. Yes, he had his big moment, but he had four seasons of massive suckitude! One of the reasons the 2005 team won it all was that they replaced Harris with Iguchi.

I can't disagree with the facts. But this isn't about facts to me. Wee Willie Harris was pardoned for his sins because of his actions on Wednesday, October 26, 2005.
:)

BTW I got Wee Willie Harris from Ian Dury & The Blockheads, Reasons To Be Cheerful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFcemluz6XA). "Take your mum to paris, lighting up the chalice, Wee Willy Harris..."

A. Cavatica
01-01-2010, 05:07 PM
BTW I got Wee Willie Harris from Ian Dury & The Blockheads, Reasons To Be Cheerful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFcemluz6XA). "Take your mum to paris, lighting up the chalice, Wee Willy Harris..."

Thanks for the link, the only Ian Dury song I knew was Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick. He did indeed find "Wee Willie Harris" a reason to be cheerful, before Willie the baseball player was even born. Truly an artist ahead of his time. :D:

gosox41
01-01-2010, 08:50 PM

C - Mark Johnson
1B - Brian Daubach
2B - Brent Lillibridge
SS - Wilson Valdez
3B - Josh Fields
OF - Joe Borchard
OF - Julio Ramirez
OF - Armando Rios
UTIL - Andy Gonzalez

SP - Ken Hill
SP - Todd Ritchie
SP - Josh Stewart
SP - Arnie Munoz
SP - Jason Grilli
CL - Billy Koch
RP - Mike MacDougal
RP - Andrew Sisco
RP - Kevin Beirne
RP - David Sanders
RP - Boone Logan
RP - Rick White

I tried to block out their names, but there were two god awful relivers in 2006-2007 (well more then two but these two stand out) I think it's Day and Williams?

Bob

EastCoastSoxFan
01-02-2010, 02:47 PM
The memory of Billy Koch trying to throw straight 91-mph fastballs past major league hitters is enough to make me want to inflict violence upon something.
Did anyone ever figure out what happened to his velocity...?

MISoxfan
01-02-2010, 06:45 PM

I think he was only saw far too much playing time in 2004, but for awhile he was extremely hot. I think I remember him and Uribe batting like .320 up until shortly before the all-star break.

HomeFish
01-03-2010, 03:46 AM
I think he was only saw far too much playing time in 2004, but for awhile he was extremely hot. I think I remember him and Uribe batting like .320 up until shortly before the all-star break.

Uribe got up to .364 before the ASB that year, iirc. Kids were walking around with #1 "HARRIS" jersey shirts.