PDA

View Full Version : Derosa Signs with Giants per MLB Network

Brian26
12-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Just announced on Hot Stove:

6th team since 2004. Will primarily play 3B. Reportedly 2 years, $12 million.

soxfanreggie
12-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Received message from ESPN about a 2-year deal. A deal that is a very nice belated Christmas present for the DeRosa family. You can't really blame him for all the moves because Atlanta didn't offer him a contract and the Cubs offered him his first big deal. The Cleveland to StL was when Cleveland was dumping everybody, and he didn't accept arbitration from the Cards - which looks like a good deal financially for him.

ewokpelts
12-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Received message from ESPN about a 2-year deal. A deal that is a very nice belated Christmas present for the DeRosa family. You can't really blame him for all the moves because Atlanta didn't offer him a contract and the Cubs offered him his first big deal. The Cleveland to StL was when Cleveland was dumping everybody, and he didn't accept arbitration from the Cards - which looks like a good deal financially for him.
some players are bound to bounce around the league no matter how good they are.

fitting that derosa is going to the giants though. he is the 2009 cubs' aaron rowand.

Metalthrasher442
01-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm pretty excited for the Giants they should be able to exceed last year and they have a lot of talent! Plus I always like DeRosa he just seems like a good guy.

TDog
01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty excited for the Giants they should be able to exceed last year and they have a lot of talent! Plus I always like DeRosa he just seems like a good guy.

The offense they added late last year didn't help much and could help more this season, as a White Sox fan would hope Alex Rios will help offensively in 2010 after being a liability during his six weeks with the Sox in 2009.

The Giants re-signed Uribe, too.

Jim Shorts
01-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Funny that he ended up with the Giants as the Legend of DeRosa was the Northside version of the Legend of Aaron Rowand.

MisterB
01-06-2010, 12:25 PM
The Oakland Tribune today said that with the re-signing of Uribe, the Giants could move Sandoval to 1B, start Uribe at 3B and DeRosa will play LF. They also mention the Rowand may be batting leadoff.

TIFWIW.

SOXPHILE
01-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Cubs Game fans will now be believing the Giants will go 156-6 this year (the losses being the six times they play the Cubs).