PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the last member of the 2005 team on the team?

GregO23
12-25-2009, 08:42 PM
With only 5 members of the World Series team still in-tact(Including Freddy Garcia, even though he bounced around) Who do you think will be the last guy to wear a White Sox uniform?
This is assuming Pods and Dye will not return. Or Shingo Takstsu.

TDog
12-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Garcia shouldn't really count because he isn't a remaining member, but a returning member.of the 2005 team. If, for example (certainly not a recommendation), the Sox were to sign Cotts, he wouldn't be a remaining member of the 2005 team.

I believe the last remaining member of the team will be Konerko or Buehrle.

Red Barchetta
12-25-2009, 09:07 PM
I agree. Garcia doesn't count because he already left. I vote for Beuhrle.

aryzner
12-25-2009, 09:37 PM
It's gotta be Burls.

Rohan
12-25-2009, 10:36 PM
I voted Konerko because he's my favorite. But what about coaches? I think that Ozzie should be considered.

GregO23
12-25-2009, 11:31 PM
I voted Konerko because he's my favorite. But what about coaches? I think that Ozzie should be considered.

If a Mod would like to change this they can. Also take out Freddy, I wasn't sure if I should add him or not.

I went with A.J. because I feel that he will be on the Sox until he retires, and eventually will become our backup catcher to Tyler Flowers. Buehrle scares me with his retirement threats, although I would call that bluff right now. This could be the last year we see out of the Paulie :(:

chisox616
12-25-2009, 11:33 PM

That's too obvious though, they will last a lot longer than players easily. I'm surprised at how many Buehrle votes there are when he openly says he wants to retire early...but then again, by 2011 all the other guys may be done.

No one thinks Pauly will be kept around to DH?

Waysouthsider
12-26-2009, 09:03 AM
That's too obvious though, they will last a lot longer than players easily. I'm surprised at how many Buehrle votes there are when he openly says he wants to retire early...but then again, by 2011 all the other guys may be done.

I think Mark is serious about this, but I also hear he is really working hard to get it in better shape this year. Could this signal more motivation? I wonder how much of the early retirement talk was related to last year's criticism of his workout routine?

white sox bill
12-26-2009, 09:17 AM

parlaycard
12-26-2009, 09:21 AM
The Sox would trade Buehlre before they fired Ozzie.

I know alot of people dont believe this. I dont think theyll trade Buehrle anytime soon, plus I think he has a not trade clause.

Ozzie will manage the Sox for as long as he wants.

Im fine with that. I didnt like Ozzie much as a player, but Ozzie gave me something no one else could have given me and I truly believe that. The Sox might have been able to win it all in 2005 with some other players, but they wouldnt have won without Ozzie at the helm.

Noneck
12-26-2009, 01:29 PM
If Garcia is included, then I will go off the board and say Rowand will be the last player from 05 to play on the Sox.

slavko
12-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Since "wear the uniform" must refer to managing and coaching, it's AJ.

Nellie_Fox
12-27-2009, 01:18 AM
I added Ozzie, but with over 100 votes already in, he's pretty far behind.

russ99
12-27-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm going with A.J.

I think he'll take less to come back next offseason, since he fits better here than anywhere else.

He still works great with the pitchers, and I can see him either starting, backing up or platooning the last years of his career as long as the bat holds up.

I love Mark, but I think he's either retiring or going to St. Louis after his contract is up in 2 years.

NLaloosh
12-27-2009, 10:47 AM
I'd be willing to gamble a sum of money on Ozzie.

voodoochile
12-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Cooper may outlast Ozzie - just a thought...

I voted BurlyMon because I don't think it's fair to include coaches. I wouldn't be shocked if it was Konerko though. It will depend on whether Paulie wants to finish his career closer to home and whether Mark decides to retire young. I don't put much stock in the St Louis stuff as it's just not that far away.

cheezheadsoxfan
12-27-2009, 01:02 PM
My first instinct was Burls tho I could see AJ sticking around as a coach. Ozzie's not going anywhere but I'm thinking just of players.

BleacherBandit
12-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Even if you hope for the best as a idealistic, overzealous fan, who doesn't consider the deterioration of our players--if you expect that ever last one of these playesr will stay on the Sox until they retire--I think Buehrle will be the last one standing.

Even accounting for his possible move to the Cardinals, I think that Konerko and Pierzynski will have left by that point. I don't think Ozzie counts as a manager. Managers are a whole other component of the team that can be let go of by a team faster than any player. .

HomeFish
12-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Konerko = he gone after this season

StillMissOzzie
12-28-2009, 12:29 AM

I limited my vote to players only, so Ozzie might outlast them all but he wasn't gonna get my vote. And my screen name is StillMissOzzie! (Because I missed him as my favorite player before his return as manager, NOT becasue I am a Miss anything, but I digress...)

There's a chance Konerko could DH for a year or two after his current deal expires, if there are no other starting 1B roles available AND he's willing to take a pay cut, and AJ could hang around as a #2 catcher if/when Tyler Flowers assumes the starter role, but I think Burly-mon outlasts them both.

SMO
:gulp:

JB98
12-28-2009, 01:41 AM
I voted with the majority in this poll a couple days ago.

But I just got to thinking, how come Greg Walker isn't an option in this poll? He might outlast Ozzie and all the players. :D:

C-Dawg
12-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Where is the "Southpaw" option?