PDA

View Full Version : Remember When

gosox3072
06-12-2002, 12:29 PM
Remember when Carlos Lee hit the Game WInning grand slam vs the flubs last year, that was one of the best days of my life

GOSOX!!!!!BEAT THE FLUBS

zach23
06-12-2002, 01:18 PM
Amen.

Randar68
06-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by zach23
Amen.

The best part was being there with a Flubs fan friend, who sat in his seat with his hands over his face while we danced around for 15 minutes!

Ahhhh, the glory!

KruseControl04
06-12-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

The best part was being there with a Flubs fan friend, who sat in his seat with his hands over his face while we danced around for 15 minutes!

Ahhhh, the glory!

Did he have his hands over his face, or was he just covering his ears so he could hear the caller on the other end of his cell phone?

CerberusWG
06-12-2002, 02:16 PM
Remember when C Lee camped under that ball at the Baggydome, and it landed 80+ feet behind him? That was cool, too.

Iwritecode
06-12-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Remember when C Lee camped under that ball at the Baggydome, and it landed 80+ feet behind him? That was cool, too.

C'mon now Cerb, were trying to have good memories here... :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
06-12-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
C'mon now Cerb, were trying to have good memories here... :smile:

Cerb has bias. He says he's never going to another Sox game until either the skipper or Clee is out.

The Humpdome sucks, they did a special on it yesterday on SC. Torii Hunter wore a camera attached to his hat, and they were hitting him fly balls, so we at home could see just how hard it is to field a fly ball there.

Tragg
06-12-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Remember when Carlos Lee hit the Game WInning grand slam vs the flubs last year, that was one of the best days of my life

GOSOX!!!!!BEAT THE FLUBS

I also remember Carlos Lee hitting the game tying home run in the bottom of the 9th against the yankees 2 years ago. We went on to win it when valentin drove in herb perry from third.

Foulke You
06-12-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072

GOSOX!!!!!BEAT THE FLUBS

All you have to do to put a smile on my face is mention that game. :smile: I've been to the 2000 playoffs and hundreds of games at Comiskey Park and that is by far, the LOUDEST I've ever heard that park. When Caballo hit that homer, it was absolute bedlam. All the frustration and Cub hatred came out all at once! Ahhh the memories...

ode to veeck
06-12-2002, 04:35 PM
it was the loudest sports play ever heard in my living room, west, my stepson & I were scaring the neighbors as soon as the ball left Caballo's bat--I never even saw it go out until the replay

cheeses_h_rice
06-12-2002, 04:42 PM
I was jumping up and down so hard, I almost tumbled down the steps in the upper deck.

Ah, memories.

:)

yyz
06-12-2002, 05:14 PM
That play singlehandedly earned Carlos a reprieve from my criticism that he finally wore out when he got picked off third. Maybe he can do it again and earn himself a free pass for the rest of the year.

RedPinStripes
06-12-2002, 05:53 PM
That's the only thing that keeps me from putting him in the same boat with Royce.

Foulke You
06-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I was jumping up and down so hard, I almost tumbled down the steps in the upper deck.

Ah, memories.

:)

Me, my dad, and this other guy next to me almost killed each other because we were jumping up and down so much. I had a Sox fan that I didn't even know in section 108 in RF give me a hug. All Sox fans were so incredibly happy! It was such a great
"L" train ride home with all the mopey Cub fans.

There was a group of 3 annoying Cub fans during the game sitting behind us who confidently proclaimed "the rally is over because Courtney Duncan is coming in!" The look on their faces after the game was absolutely priceless!